• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Heff has a broken leg

bradley

crooksey said:
Demented said:
I lost count of the studs up tackles, not to mention hand balls, that were let go by SFC. Danny DID try to avoid the ball and gets red carded without a blink of an eye....

yeah i was disappointed with the way breeze handled the game...not to be too bias but there seemed to be a lot of borderline dirty/rough play from sydney go unnoticed (especially on hutch and aloisi on his own up front)...the frustration from the palyers was also clear and i've never seen vidmar so worked up and protest so much.

also i know this may sound kinda stupid but danny getting a red card for coming and handling outside his box was only a matter of time. until now he has been excellent at saving us in those times of need and putting his body on the line and coming out attacking the ball and this time he has done the same and unintentionally handled the ball so really he deserved yellow card at the least, but im not too sure on the rules regarding a keeper outside his box and whether handling the ball can be dealt a red card or if there needs to be intent or whatever as i'ver only ever seen yellow cards awarded for it from memory .Hopefully he learns from this mistake as he is an excellent keeper and a vital part of why the mariners have performed so well over the a-league's history

as for heff's incident, that was when enough was enough. edge of the box, studs up, clearly beaten by heff's quick feet, not the first such challenge by talay yet ONLY gets a yellow card whilst also breaking his leg :(

get well soon heff we are gonna really miss your marauding runs down the left
Yeah 2 red cards for handballs but no red card for a tackle that breaks a players leg WTF

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I've watched (and played very bloody ordinarily) football for a loooonnnggg time and I firmly believe that depending on the style of tackle (ie : studs up or a deliberate trip), if a broken leg is the result then the tackler should be out for as long as the "victim".
Just maybe the thought of being out for six months due to your tackling style might slow down some of these cowboys

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Foster made mention that Sonic went under the knife at 1pm this avo, does this mean his leg has been plated? if so this makes it a particularly shitty break dont it?

brett

Referee stuff aside, best wishes to Heff for a speedy recovery.

The timing couldn't have been worse for the guy.

mariners4ever

yes i agree with you brett we all know that breeze was total crap last night and need to get over it as he will keep doing it to us and we need to support OUR players on their way to a premiership

CCM-JAM80

I talked about pride in my club after the loss. I said it has come in different forms since day one of this journey that is my support of the Central Coast Mariners. There is yet another example where I read coach McKinna has spent most of Saturday night and yesterday with Heff whilst he has been in hospital.

The job is yours Lawrie for as long as you want it as far as I am concerned.

Wombat

Best of luck for a speedy recovery Heff!

Breeze...hope you get piles you useless corrupt maggot.

M

mariners_4_ever

I think everyone should send Dean a "get well " card so he'll know just how important he is to us. spoke to browny and he says dropping them off at the office will get to Dean quickly.
    Speedy recovery Dean

dru

yellowcake said:
He's got a smile on his face...

It's the panadol.  ;)

Saw this in the terror this morning, certainly good to see.

Hope it's a speedy recovery and see you back bigger and better next year Heff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred