• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Heff has a broken leg

T

My understanding of the hand ball rule is:
An intentional hand ball = Red card and penalty
Unintentional hand ball outside the box/not the last player = Penalty
Unintentional hand ball/last player = yellow card...
With this understanding, a dot shot should have been awarded, but no red given, yellow yes, but not red. :naughty:

Bad news about Heff.... hope he heals quickly, and all the best to him.

Omni

The law states (Law 12) "handles the ball deliberately" there always has to be intent.

Andy

T said:
My understanding of the hand ball rule is:
An intentional hand ball = Red card and penalty
Unintentional hand ball outside the box/not the last player = Penalty
Unintentional hand ball/last player = yellow card...
With this understanding, a dot shot should have been awarded, but no red given, yellow yes, but not red. :naughty:

Bad news about Heff.... hope he heals quickly, and all the best to him.

Never a penalty.

skilbeck

i knew we were screwed when danny was sent off though. feel bad for sasho as well because he didnt get revenge at his old club. but i wish heff all the best

crooksey

Demented said:
I lost count of the studs up tackles, not to mention hand balls, that were let go by SFC. Danny DID try to avoid the ball and gets red carded without a blink of an eye....

yeah i was disappointed with the way breeze handled the game...not to be too bias but there seemed to be a lot of borderline dirty/rough play from sydney go unnoticed (especially on hutch and aloisi on his own up front)...the frustration from the palyers was also clear and i've never seen vidmar so worked up and protest so much.

also i know this may sound kinda stupid but danny getting a red card for coming and handling outside his box was only a matter of time. until now he has been excellent at saving us in those times of need and putting his body on the line and coming out attacking the ball and this time he has done the same and unintentionally handled the ball so really he deserved yellow card at the least, but im not too sure on the rules regarding a keeper outside his box and whether handling the ball can be dealt a red card or if there needs to be intent or whatever as i'ver only ever seen yellow cards awarded for it from memory .Hopefully he learns from this mistake as he is an excellent keeper and a vital part of why the mariners have performed so well over the a-league's history

as for heff's incident, that was when enough was enough. edge of the box, studs up, clearly beaten by heff's quick feet, not the first such challenge by talay yet ONLY gets a yellow card whilst also breaking his leg :(

get well soon heff we are gonna really miss your marauding runs down the left

Aimeee

Jeez poor Heff, he must have already been under a bit of pressure, getting from the wedding down here then back again like he needed this.

Hope you have a rapid recorvery mate

Yet another f***king incident when the ref has 'dealt with the matter on fiedl' by a yellow card and this time we have a Mariners player out injured for the rest of the season, and probably a slow recovery next year to! Thanx ref.

M

mariners_4_ever

how well does kossie suck brezee's c**k ?? must of done a pretty good job to be giving us that many cards.

one of the most digusting display of refereing ive ever seen  :fireup:

yet our boys did us proud !!!!! :grouphug:
dannys red was not called for the max he should of got was a yellow card
as for kwassie it was unintentional but he did strike at the ball
and Ufuk Talay really lived up to his name !! :vomit:
the FFA should be investigating this game further as Breeze certainly earned his christmas bonus from sydney scum last night !!!!!!!!
  And to have a scum sucking shit from sydney say "its karma" what shit !!!!

GO MARINERS !!!!!!!!!!! :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

Dean's going to be missed he's been on fire and getting hotter.  wish him all the best and a speedy recovery

CCM-JAM80

A tragedy not only that Heff will now likely miss the rest of the season though because he missed out on giving his speech at his brother's wedding. This, moreso than the loss, is what hurts him most this morning. Trust me.

All the best in recovery Heff, you will be missed for the remainder of the season.

Omni

This shit happens when the chairman of the FFA has an interest in Sydney FC

as for the wedding, I'm sure that's what will really shatter Dean about it, these things happen in football but to not be able to make it back for his brother's wedding reception, that's sad.

Timmyv

That is really bad Luck for the bloke espically with his brothers wedding. I was really looking foward to him plying for the socceroos in Feb.

Gen (MarinerMum)

Well Heff, I'd be hopping made mate.  It's a non weight bearing bone so recovery outlook is a little better.  I'm not so sure he will miss all of qualifiers, but it will be certainly hard work to get back in.

Didn't Sonic get a review even though he had been carded early in the season.  It was dismissed as they felt the penalty was sufficent, but another player also appeared and they got another week or 2. 

At least Sonic, Christmas will have to come to you and your family will wait on you.  Soak it up mate.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thinking of you, Merry Christmas

mustapha_beer

Unbelievable.....really the only word for it. One of our best players gets chopped down in a dangerous position like that and of course that twat Breeze only gives a yellow. A broken leg too.....just as we were starting to get a full(-ish) squad together too....any news on the other hobblers??? Owens and Hutch, I think....

skilbeck

Gen said:
Well Heff, I'd be hopping made mate.  It's a non weight bearing bone so recovery outlook is a little better.  I'm not so sure he will miss all of qualifiers, but it will be certainly hard work to get back in.

What is the bone? is it the tibia or fibula? I wouldve thought a tibia fracture to be quite serious and with all fractures and breakages theres the possibility of surgery if the bone is out of alignment

Sacko

Firstly best wishes to Heff, wishing you a speedy recovery
Secondly how can a leg breaking dangerous tackle not be a red! :fireup: 

I guess now we know that Uncle Frank will not allow Sydney to miss the finals under any circumstances and that Breeze got more than a card in the envelope from him!

poetryintheblood

Much heartfelt wishes go out to Dean not only for his injury, but also for not making it back to his brothers wedding, having a broken leg is a crappy way of celebrating Christmas, not to say the least being out for the rest of the season. Still very upset about last night, but the most upsetting and sickening fact is the way a lot of Sydney supporters are laughing at Deans injury, that to me shows not only a sick person, but also a demented one, wishing ill intent upon someone, whether or not rivalry exists, and at Christmas time of all times, the supposed season of goodwill, what a joke. Best of wishes to Dean on his recovery.

Ted

If a team a can run onto the pitch and realise no send offs will come your way, it soon becomes a manhunt.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred