• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

HAL Round 8

FFC Mariner

Fugg me what a dire game

Miller is obviously struggling and Roar have nothing

Sounds like they are being outsung by Adelaide too

marinermick

cristiano offside from the cornflakes goal

mckay not offside (closest defender to crosser kept him on)

a week's break and the officiadom gets no better

shield had a decent game for his last but glad he has f**ked off forever

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Mckay was definitely offside.  Pity about Cristiano though - unfortunately there were so many players in the way that the AR didn't have a chance in hell of spotting it.  Not his fault, just one of those things.

Pretty boring match really. 

fish

zzzzzzzzzzzzz sorry what did i miss.

ffs Farina blames the officials for losing 3 points um you still could have scored twice Frankus to actually win?

marinermick

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Not his fault, just one of those things.

Not his fault? You have to be kidding? I know you like to stick up for officials but how you can say it is not his fault is the most rediculous thing you have written on this forum. I actuall think the only reason you have logged on to the forum was because of that offside decision.

As Franky said "blind freddy would have saw it". How he did not 1. Cristiano making the run and 2. Cristiano challenging for the ball, is beyond me.

And I challenge you to look at the McKay offside again and look at the mowed lines on the pitch. When the QLD took the cross theAdelaide defender closest to the crosser is in line with McKay. McKay looked offside because the player next to him was in front of him.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Mick - I've posted plenty of harsh criticism on here when it's deserved.

Look at the cristiano one again.  Yes, he was well offside - but the ball was lobbed to an onside teammate - which I'm sure you'll agree.

Now, as you may or may not be aware, the correct procedure here is to wait and see if the offside player gets the ball, or physically contests against an opponent for the ball, or even blocks an opponent's view.  If he is behind the onside player, but the onside player gets it, then the correct decision is play on.

But what happened by the time the ball got there?  Several players clumped right in front of it, and a whole line of players moved back.  There were about 8 or 9 players directly between the AR and cristiano when he headed the ball.  I don't think it was physically possible for him to see who headed it.  Easy to see on TV - not easy to see on ground level.

Try running the lines for a couple of matches, and you'll see just how hard it is to see what's happening on the far side of the field with even one or two players in line.

It might come as a shock to you, but referees ARE bound by the laws of physics and human constraints - such as our lack or X ray vision meaning it's impossible to see through an opaque object :D

And yes, that means that not every missed decision is actually the fault of the referees.  I know that may be difficult for the haters like you to understand, but sometimes it just ain't going to be possible to get it right. 

IMO, we should have an extra pair of assistants (that corner of the field is a massive blind spot) running the other two lines, but oh well.

Anyway, I don't see how the reason I logged in here is relevant.  Maybe you only logged in to see if I was sticking up for the refs.  So ner ;-)

Foxsports doesn't have the video up yet. 

marinersman

Agree with all, shocking game.

Sick of Slater and Hill going on and on and on about the Lang Park curse. The only curse in Brisbane is their strikers. They've never had any since v1 and still don't. They would score and win if they had any half decent strikers.

Re the goal, yes it was obviously blantantly offside but no one would be talking about it if it wasn't for the shocking defending because it wouldn't have ended up in the back of the net. Farina needs to stop the constant whinging and actually concentrate on his team's dismal performaces for a change. Maybe then, they can't start to win at home.

marinermick

I was logged in way before the incident.

It is not rocket science and no where near as complicated as you make out. I have run lines plenty of times, including a couple og goes at NNSW State league first division and it is a piece of piss.

Was such an easy decision for the AR:
1. Cristiano comes from a massively offside position
2. Cristiano is involved in the challenge of the ball and therefore influencing play. Even if the AR did not see who headed the ball he would have clearly seen Cristiano in the challenge.
3. Raise your flag.

Fark me, it was a simple three step process. Plenty of people get paid far less for much more complicated jobs and f**k them up less.

You are just plainly defending the indefensible.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

marinermick - where have I made it complicated?

And how can the AR tell if Cristiano is involved in the challenge or not when there's 8 or 9 players between him and Cristiano?

I look forward to hearing you explain that one :D

marinermick

I look forward to hearing you explain that one :D

With spatial awareness in judging the trajectory of the ball, being aware of the player's characteristics (Cristiano has a bald shiny head FFS) and the experience that got him to top flight.

He would know the run Cristiano made and his position on the field. He would know through basic visual perceptions (especially after years of being an AR) where on field the ball will land and which players are in the vicinity. Therefore, he would know Cristiano is involved in the challenge. At this point it is irrelavant whether Cristiano touches the ball or not because, being involved, he has altered the course of play.

These guys are paid good money to do a job and they are failing miserably. If I messed up in my job as much as they do people would be dying left, right and centre.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Mick - I don't know how long it's been since you've run the line, but a couple of years ago FIFA tightened up the interpretation of 'involved in active play'.  Basically, you need to touch the ball, dummy it, impede an opponent or otherwise physically challenge him, or even block his view (such as jumping in front of a defender and missing the ball).

Simply challenging for the ball is no longer enough to raise the flag, assuming he hasn't interfered with an opponent. (I can provide you with the quote from the laws if you like)

Yes, I hear what you're saying about trajectory, and you're absolutely right that he should use that to help with offside judgements - but that only works if there's no onside players around.  Once there's an onside player involved, trajectory and where the players are running are not enough - just because the offside player moves back and even jumps for the ball, isn't enough for a free kick.

Considering the number of players between the AR and cristiano, there's a good chance he would not have seen who's head it came off.

And if it's physically impossible to see who touched it, then how can it be his fault for not seeing who touched it?

Anyway, what's your job?  I'm sure it doesn't involved split second decisions from a limited viewpoint between objects moving in different directions at high speed. 

marinermick

Mick - I don't know how long it's been since you've run the line, but a couple of years ago FIFA tightened up the interpretation of 'involved in active play'.  Basically, you need to touch the ball, dummy it, impede an opponent or otherwise physically challenge him, or even block his view (such as jumping in front of a defender and missing the ball).

Simply challenging for the ball is no longer enough to raise the flag, assuming he hasn't interfered with an opponent. (I can provide you with the quote from the laws if you like)

Yes, I hear what you're saying about trajectory, and you're absolutely right that he should use that to help with offside judgements - but that only works if there's no onside players around.  Once there's an onside player involved, trajectory and where the players are running are not enough - just because the offside player moves back and even jumps for the ball, isn't enough for a free kick.

Considering the number of players between the AR and cristiano, there's a good chance he would not have seen who's head it came off.

And if it's physically impossible to see who touched it, then how can it be his fault for not seeing who touched it?

Anyway, what's your job?  I'm sure it doesn't involved split second decisions from a limited viewpoint between objects moving in different directions at high speed. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1_mg7L3tp8

The 51st second is where Cristiano heads the ball and it is quite embarassing for the AR - not a player within a metre radius of him.

And looking at that angle I do not buy the impeding argument as Cristiano jumps high while the two players in the AR's line of sight are stationary. Christiano would have clearly jumped high enough to be in the Ar's line of sight and the fact that Cristiano is bald should have been enough reason to be able to identify it is him.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

cheers for the video.

Unfortunately the AR was quite out of position too - look at the 49th second onwards (something I didn't notice earlier)  Unfortunately he remained out of position...

Though the funny thing is, this should've actually given him a better view (most of the defence was in a line, where he should've been - but he was a bit off that line so his view wasn't as blocked)

I'm pausing it at the 52nd second, trying to imagine what the AR would've seen.

And I'm going to have to reluctantly admit that I'm now not quite sure how he missed it :p

Let's face it, Cristiano isn't exactly the tallest player :p But I'd think that jumping would still make him easier to spot.  And from the AR's position, I don't think his view was nearly as obstructed as I originally thought.

And I'd think that Cristiano's head and skin colour would stand out enough that even if you can't see his shirt you could tell it was him.

I can only imagine that he had a momentary lapse and got the onside and offside players mixed up.  Easy to do, but elite officials shouldn't be doing it.  The inspector at the match can view all the TV angles, so I'm sure he'd be asking the AR what the hell happened.  Fortunately there's a lot more competition for AR spots than referee spots, so it'd be interesting to see if he gets a game next week.

Oh well.  Had the AR been in position, and Cristiano stayed on the ground, then my defence would've been justified :D  :innocent:

however (hey, you don't expect me to give up that easy, do you?) had Craig Moore not done a massive airswing in front of the keeper, it would've been a 1-1 draw.  Officials aren't the only ones who make mistakes, and their pay is a fraction to that of the players  :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

Mick - what do you mean that you don't buy the impeding argument? 

marinersman

Anyway, as for the other two games, I'm tipping a draw for scum - tards and a draw Glory - choppers. Only because it's good for us when we inflict our own brand of lamb loving.

FFC Mariner

Yes, it was offside, more quality officiating from our AR's - the FFA have a serious problem but at least one has gone now that wanker Shields has gone.

No, their is no curse at Suncorp, Frankie wouldnt recognise a striker if someone wearing a shirt with "Hey you daft c**t, I'm a striker" on it jumped up and screamed "I am a striker"

Frankie is obviously in the same group of ex pro's as Arnoldout and Kossie, cant be criticised by Fox under any circs. The bloke is a tool.

Razorback

Greenpoleffc said:
Yes, it was offside, more quality officiating from our AR's - the FFA have a serious problem but at least one has gone now that wanker Shields has gone.

No, their is no curse at Suncorp, Frankie wouldnt recognise a striker if someone wearing a shirt with "Hey you daft c**t, I'm a striker" on it jumped up and screamed "I am a striker"

Frankie is obviously in the same group of ex pro's as Arnoldout and Kossie, cant be criticised by Fox under any circs. The bloke is a tool.

Well said!!! In fact I'd say he is at the top of that list GP

Razorback

marinersman said:
Anyway, as for the other two games, I'm tipping a draw for scum - tards and a draw Glory - choppers. Only because it's good for us when we inflict our own brand of lamb loving.

I'm tipping Glory for the win. No idea why... there's just something in the air!!! 3 key players back... I think they can do it.

NB. No money will exchange on this hunch!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred