• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

HAL rnd 10

BAD BULLZ

Adelaide vs melbourne

Sydney vs Central coast

Scum vs Qld

Perth vs Wellington
                                    p w d l  gf ga gd pnts
1 Adelaide United FC          9 5 2 2 13 9  4 17
2 Sydney FC                    9 4 3 2 16 9  7 15
3 Melbourne Victory FC      9 4 2 3 16 9  7 14
4 Central Coast Mariners FC 9 3 4 2 17 13 4 13
5 Queensland Roar FC        9 3 3 3 11 9  2 12
6 Newcastle Jets FC          9 2 4 3 8 14 -6 10
7 Wellington Phoenix FC      9 2 3 4 8 13 -5  9
8 Perth Glory FC                9 2 1 6 10 23 13 7

COME ON
melbourne win
mariners win
scum and qld draw
and a wellington win

If this happens we are more then a match clear in top 4 and just a point off 1st  and scum drop to 7th lol  :thumbup:

p.s wellington are only allowed to win by 1 goal we dont want the goal difference stretched any more between scum n perth lol it will be 9goals difference going into rnd 11 perth play scum come on perth 5nil :thumbup:

northernspirit

he hasnt set the world on fire there ted, doesnt help he gets crap distribution to him - was always going to happen going from a team with decent passing to wellingtons hoof it up the park and cross your fingers and hope it finds a man

Jaza_SFC

Um... CCM calling Wellington hoof and hope doesn't really work.

Although it's true, he plays like he's not settled too well there. I think he'll be off at year's end. Wonder if Fergie will have him up in NQ?

FFC Mariner

Draw
Mariners
Draw
Glory

and Jaza, check the passing stats.........................you will be somewhat surprised

Deej

Jaza_SFC said:

Although it's true, he plays like he's not settled too well there. I think he'll be off at year's end. Wonder if Fergie will have him up in NQ?

Interesting that people still think we hoof everything, IMO we were playing some of our best football in recent times during rd 3-7, at the end of the day what's effective works for me! 

I watched Welly play Newcastle, geez they were bad.  Their midfield just goes sideways and there's no creativity, they seriously miss a player like Corica/Hernandez in the middle!  If they lose Smeltz to injury during the year they will have no chance making the finals IMO

Kwas has been very disappointing this season, perhaps this is just what he needs? Depending on any injuries to a Welly player I doubt he'll play against Sydney next week either as the squad will be going straight to Sydney from Perth on Monday.

Ted

northernspirit said:
he hasnt set the world on fire there ted, doesnt help he gets crap distribution to him - was always going to happen going from a team with decent passing to wellingtons hoof it up the park and cross your fingers and hope it finds a man

you can't blame the driver if the engine is misfiring.

Jaza_SFC

Deej said:
Jaza_SFC said:

Interesting that people still think we hoof everything, IMO we were playing some of our best football in recent times during rd 3-7, at the end of the day what's effective works for me! 

I don't think CCM do at all. The Tards are the biggest long-ball team in the comp. But tbh Aussies wouldn't know true long-ball football anyway, no one really does it here. It's just used as some kind of insult.

Wellington are bad, but it's not through trying the long ball. They're bad because they try to play football but their players aren't good enough. None of their CMs can retain posession, so their passes constantly go astray and that's why their stats are bad.
Ricki Herbert preaches good football. But in the off-season he needs a few big signings in his spine to make it happen.

Kwas has be
Deej said:
Kwas has been very disappointing this season, perhaps this is just what he needs? Depending on any injuries to a Welly player I doubt he'll play against Sydney next week either as the squad will be going straight to Sydney from Perth on Monday.

I doubt he'll be there next year. They'll need his cap space to strengthen as per above, and they'll want to keep the other wingers before him.

Perfect target for a new franchise tbh

FFC Mariner

What gets me about the Nux is why by Kwas in the 1st place??

They play with 2 DM's at home and just try hit and hope to smeltz or the scum Coveney.

Wingers are not part of their game and as we saw in V2, Kwassie is not an out and out striker.

Deej

Greenpoleffc said:

They play with 2 DM's at home and just try hit and hope to smeltz or the scum Coveney.

Wingers are not part of their game and as we saw in V2, Kwassie is not an out and out striker.

Kwas played pre-season and the first few rounds just behind Smeltz, so was signed with that intention.  Obviously RH has decided Coveny and Smeltz are the better option.

Jaza_SFC said:
Deej said:
Jaza_SFC said:

I don't think CCM do at all. The Tards are the biggest long-ball team in the comp. But tbh Aussies wouldn't know true long-ball football anyway, no one really does it here. It's just used as some kind of insult.

Wellington are bad, but it's not through trying the long ball. They're bad because they try to play football but their players aren't good enough. None of their CMs can retain posession, so their passes constantly go astray and that's why their stats are bad.
Ricki Herbert preaches good football. But in the off-season he needs a few big signings in his spine to make it happen.

Kwas has be
Deej said:

I doubt he'll be there next year. They'll need his cap space to strengthen as per above, and they'll want to keep the other wingers before him.

Perfect target for a new franchise tbh

Perhaps but I think most clubs will be looking to hold onto experienced HAL players, every club obviously has to look at cap space.

Jaza_SFC

Greenpoleffc said:

WTF are you on about? Their whole game IS wingers! They have f**k all down the middle of the midfield (and suffer due to it), so their whole game is asking the wingers to conjure stuff for Smeltz.

First they played 4-2-3-1, (focus on wingers supporting Smeltz) and now they're playing pretty much a 4-2-2-2 (wingers supporting Coveny/Smeltz).

You clearly don't watch that well.

Jaza_SFC

Greenpoleffc said:
then they cant distribute for shit can they???

You're right - they can't.

But that's not what you said. Your exact words were
"They play with 2 DM's at home and just try hit and hope to smeltz or the scum Coveney.

Wingers are not part of their game"

Which is entirely false. They are not a hit-and-hope team (no more so than any other club), and wingers clearly are a big part of their game.

FFC Mariner

Having seen them play for 90 mins this season (and from behind the goal) they didnt try to get their wingers involved once.

Just because Herbert sets them up as 4222, and they have 2 wingers on the field, doesnt mean they can/are able to use them.

Hence, wingers are not part of their (actual) game.

Happy now??
Sheesh

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred