• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Gumps to play for Bankstown City in State Premier League

masmariner

Unfortunately Andre Gumprecht has been unable to obtain a contract with the Mariners and has signed to play state league with Bankstown City in the Premier league comp.

The coast has lost a fine player and a great ambassador for football, all the best from the mariners supporters and I know it won't be long before another A league club signs you.

All the best Andre.

fedelta

If he is playing with them now it doesn't mean he won't be with us during the season.
I think it's just an off-season thing isn't it?
Btw, where did you get the info?

RADINHO

taylor said:
If he is playing with them now it doesn't mean he won't be with us during the season.
I think it's just an off-season thing isn't it?
Btw, where did you get the info?

He is right it is published on couple of other threads

jaypee

aussiecross said:
Unfortunately???

Yep - gotta agree I don't actually see it as unfortunate. He was a decent bench player last year but we can't just sign guys who will play well off the bench....... He also has said some pretty harsh things about the management team lately so I say thanks for the last 3 years and good luck but thats about it.....

Jocwa08

jaypee said:
aussiecross said:
Unfortunately???

Yep - gotta agree I don't actually see it as unfortunate. He was a decent bench player last year but we can't just sign guys who will play well off the bench....... He also has said some pretty harsh things about the management team lately so I say thanks for the last 3 years and good luck but thats about it.....

looking at all the midfielders we signed im glad he's gone,
we now have the best midfield in the comp with our new signings

dwight

Jocwa08 said:
jaypee said:
aussiecross said:
Unfortunately???

looking at all the midfielders we signed im glad he's gone,
we now have the best midfield in the comp with our new signings

Andre has to be a great loss, consider that we would not have signed those other midfielders if he was still in contention only bad things were said about the management team once negotitation's had broken down.
IMHO he should not have been seen as a bench player last year anyway, I wouldn't like this decision to come back and bite the mariners on the arse.
He is a players player and he always lifts the tempo of the game when he is on the park.
Good luck for the future Andre.

Paolo

As far as im concerned we arn't at training every day seeing how the guys train or how they get along. If lawrie doesnt think he deserves a contract there is a reason for it and ill certainly back his judgement over anyone elses

P

Pete

keensy said:
As far as im concerned we arn't at training every day seeing how the guys train or how they get along. If lawrie doesnt think he deserves a contract there is a reason for it and ill certainly back his judgement over anyone elses

The issue of Andre not getting an offer has been done to death on this forum, but remember, there's two sides to every argument.

I wish Andre well for his future, but I believe that Lawrie had to make a hard call with regards to Andre's demands for more gametime and the balance of the squad for the upcoming season.

Obviously if we flounder in midfield this season, then those who believe that Andre should have been given another season will somehow feel justified.

But I think Lawrie has made the right call professionally, not only has he brought in Caceres and Elrich, but Hutch has proven himself more than capable at centre midfield, and there's also Porter we've yet to see in his preferred position at this level.

Wombat

If this is true then it is very disappointing as it means we have let our two most talented Middies go. I guess the only reason is that they are both getting on in years.
Gumps has been a fantastic player for us and the know nothings that say otherwise simply show how shallow their knowledge of the game really is.
The whole Gumps saga leaves me with a bad taste in the mouth and a big question mark over Lawrie, especially after his churlish decision to play Owens in the GF.
To Gumpy, thanks for everything mate. The real fans loved you and appreciated you and know that we are a far weaker squad without you.
That membership renewal doesn't look like a sure thing for me now.

Paolo

Wombat said:
The whole Gumps saga leaves me with a bad taste in the mouth and a big question mark over Lawrie, especially after his churlish decision to play Owens in the GF.
So would you enlighten us with what your coaching experience is compared to lawries?? Also, i assume you have been at every mariners training and know how gumps has been training and how he gets along with lawrie and that is why you are able to make your informed judgement of the situation???

dibo

Wombat said:
The real fans loved you and appreciated you and know that we are a far weaker squad without you.

In this you make two assumptions:

That those who don't agree with you didn't love having him here.

That those who don't agree with you aren't 'real fans' even though you're essentially holding the club to ransom (albeit a small one) if they don't re-sign your favourite player.

To both of those I say feel free to get f**ked.

Being a football supporter goes beyond having affections for one player at one time and then waiting until your next 'player crush' comes along. If it were only about that, people would follow a team only for as long as their favourite is there. Would you have quit following the Mariners when Gumpy retired had he stayed with us?

Following a football club is about having some sort of loyalty and attachment to the club. Sure, we all have our favourites and even our hateboys from time to time, but these don't detract from the broader attachment to our club.

I will support the Mariners, whoever's wearing the shirts on the day. They are my club, and as a club they stand above any individual; be they player, manager or chairman. When I'm an old man, and with luck the Mariners are kicking along beautifully in a lovely 40,000 seat ground in a successful competition, I know I won't have to look back on the time I petulantly spurned them for want of just one player whose retirement was but a few years off.

Have a bit of bloody perspective.

mustapha_beer

Yep, fair enough comments from the last few posters. Even though I think Gumps was written off a little prematurely, and I will be extremely sorry to see him go, the club is indeed bigger than any individual player. Lawrie has done fantastically well for us so far (even if I am a bit biased as a Scotsman), and I'll continue to put my faith in him and his decisions......would be nice, mind you, to see some of the money being released as a result of Gumps leaving being spent on another striker, if it hasn't already been spent. Yes, I know I'm harping on about this, but I still don't think we have enough firepower to seriously worry other teams.

Also, a shame Gumps went to Bankstown and not the mighty Demons.....nae taste, that boy!

Ursus

Wombat said:
If this is true then it is very disappointing as it means we have let our two most talented Middies go. I guess the only reason is that they are both getting on in years.
Gumps has been a fantastic player for us and the know nothings that say otherwise simply show how shallow their knowledge of the game really is.
To Gumpy, thanks for everything mate. The real fans loved you and appreciated you and know that we are a far weaker squad without you.

"The real fans" ?
"Churlish decision" ?
"Shallow knowledge" ?

Get over it, or get medical advice.

promdi442

mustapha_beer said:
Also, a shame Gumps went to Bankstown and not the mighty Demons.....nae taste, that boy!

Gumps may not be thinking going to the Lions over the Demons was a shame. . Bankstown without Gumps whacked the Demonic Blacktown 4-0. Maybe he has good taste after all.  ;D

georgemladenov

promdi442 said:
mustapha_beer said:

Gumps may not be thinking going to the Lions over the Demons was a shame. . Bankstown without Gumps whacked the Demonic Blacktown 4-0. Maybe he has good taste after all.  ;D

Gumpy debuted and ran the show last night in a 3-0 demolition of Macarthur in a cup game. The amount of instruction he was giving to his new teammates was really impressive. Former Olyroo Peter Tsekenis is the player/coach at Bankstown, but sitting in the grandstand, I heard more coaching coming out of Gumprecht in one cup game than in the entire season so far.

Gumpy is definetly a standout in the NSW League.

Paolo

Article about the situation in the Express today, my opinion from reading it is that he has no cause for complaint as he signed the contract variation removing the 4th year clause.

Andre Gumprecht is off contract with the Mariners and will play in the NSW Premier League.

UNWANTED Mariners midfielder Andre Gumprecht is set to relaunch his career in the NSW Premier League this weekend.

Gumprecht's three-year contract with the Mariners ended on April 30 and will not be extended.

The popular German midfielder did have an option in his contract for a fourth season but gave that up after signing a contract variation midway through the 2007-08 A-League season.

Gumprecht, 33, is taking legal action against the club for being denied a fourth year at the Mariners after being persuaded to sign the contract variation.

Needing to continue to derive an income from football, Gumprecht has struck a deal with Bankstown City in the NSW Premier League.

He was set to play in the Tiger Turf Cup for Bankstown last night and providing he pulls through that match without a problem he will play in a NSW Premier league against Marconi on Sunday.

Bankstown has agreed to release Gumprecht if and when he secures a new A-League contract.

Gumprecht expects that to most likely come from a club other than the Mariners and he is angry about how he has been treated by the Central Coast club. "This is the worst experience I have had in my football career," Gumprecht said.

"What I am most angry about is that the Mariners management have not come out publicly and admitted they don't want me here any more."

Mariners chairman Lyall Gorman last week gave no reason for Gumprecht's absence at training and said something might still be sorted out with Gumprecht.

It is only now that Gumprecht's original contract has expired that coach Lawrie McKinna has made it clear that he is not wanted at the club.

"He's off contract," McKinna said after returning from overseas on the weekend.

Asked if Gumprecht would be offered a new contract McKinna said "not at this stage".

But Gumprecht said the Mariners' decision not to extend the contract went back to November.

"On November 26, Lawrie McKinna told me I was not part of the club's plans for next season," Gumprecht said. "I remember because it was my birthday."

It was at that stage he was asked to sign the variation in his contract that took away the option to play a fourth year.

The option to extend the contract for a year was to become available after Gumprecht played 15 games last season but he signed the contract variation after 10 games. Gumprecht has received a legal opinion suggesting the contract variation is invalid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred