• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Grand Final

Bex

Some of the worst decisions I've seen in sport were video refs. There's still human error involved, even with video refs..

Mumbles

You get similar situations at the World Cup. It's a blight on the game all over the world. The ref makes his best effort, which is immediately revealed to millions to be wrong. In this case it seals the result of the game and the entire comp. Nichols and reportedly Berisha have said it wasn't a penalty. Other sports have got video refereeing, and this game shows a clear need for it in football.

Went to Stamford Bridge last year to watch the blues play Valencia. Six yes six officials on the pitch. The regular 4 plus one on each goal line to ensure accuracy of decisions in the box. How hard is it FFA to pay an extra few hundred bucks for two guys on the goal lines? Especially after all the dramas we've had over the years.

bradley

What hurts the most is the fact that brisbane get awarded a penalty in the GF whereas in the GF against the jets a handball that was blatant got missed, really bugs me

Wombat

Agree Bradley and it really hurts that Brisbane won last year as well when Breeze decided to ignore a blatant foul on Pedj with 30 secs to go.

true believer

do you think ange looked happy when bershia ran up for a cuddle at the end?
bershia is the the skid mark on his undies . truely they won a toilet seat
just quietly.

marinermick

Referee bias was there all game.

From Brisbane and his girlfriend works for the Roar.

Roar have won the last twelve games under this ref.

bloggo

Gotta love the FFA, Broich given MOM when Burns was voted by the journos. All you can say is welcome to the club Perth.

When Berisha "won" that penalty all i could think was dear god not again. How does this poor referring occur three times in three games.

9utgk.gif

^ how i felt then. Still feel that way now

EDIT: Was the rat offside as well?
582151_3681188385012_1134137973_3602107_1415325984_n.jpg

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

So, once again Roar win a GF due to an appalling referee decision in the dying seconds of the match - are we starting to notice a trend? As much as I despise the cheating, cowardly thug that is Berisha, I don't even think he took a dive here. Was just an off balance airswing.

He was definitely offside too...
Went to Stamford Bridge last year to watch the blues play Valencia. Six yes six officials on the pitch. The regular 4 plus one on each goal line to ensure accuracy of decisions in the box. How hard is it FFA to pay an extra few hundred bucks for two guys on the goal lines? Especially after all the dramas we've had over the years.

They'd need FIFA approval to do that, which they won't get. Europe gets to try these test schemes, not us. They wouldn't have made a difference here anyway - ultimately, the referee has the final say.

Wombat

The panel on fox sports were totally duplicitious as well.

They showed themselves to be men of little dignity with only Rudan telling the truth.

The bullshit celebration of a team that cheated their way to victory (fully endorsed by FFA) left me feeling sick.

Forum Phoenix

Shit decision"s" sure. Bt why the FFA conspiracy stuff?

Common sense would dictate that a Perth win would be better for the A league and the FFA wouldn't it? But really what's so significantly to be gained by the risk of rigging this game? If it was SFC a club who desperately need to build support in an area where the FFA believes the game MUST succeed, ok, a possible motive. But Perth, Brisbane...?

People are pissed at the FFA, but it is exactly this kind of irrationality that makes me feel people simply lose perspective and recruit incidents to support a pre existing point of view or frustration - regardless of how long a bow it is.

Things need to be taken as what they are. The "Stories" don't help anybody.

pjennings

If there is a conflict of interest (or even the appearance of one)the fault lies with the FFA/Mark Shields for appointing him. If you were Gillett and were offered the job you would take it.

If he made a wrong call he probably feels bad that he may have cost Perth the Grand Final. I think he did make a wrong call - others think he was right. If the decision was wrong he cost Perth a shot of extra time - similar to Shields mistake in the 2008 Grand Final. However, Perth were a man down. had hardly had a shot on goal and would likely have struggled in extra time.

Bad call by the FFA/Shields

Bad call by Gillett

Brisbane on balance deserved to win so congratulations on that firstly - and more impressively being the first team to go back to back.

To the Perth manager and players - well done on a great season - particularly the end of it.

I'm just disappointed that it seems each year a referee seems to play such a major part in our Grand Finals. I'm sure that Ange, the players and the Roar fans would have been happier to go without the penalty and win as they were likely to in extra time.

Forum Phoenix

I agree Pat, which is why I'm a huge advocate for video refereeing. Now can Wolves please do over those oil whore mancs.

pjennings

I agree Pat, which is why I'm a huge advocate for video refereeing. Now can Wolves please do over those oil whore mancs.

I'm not a great fan of video refereeing - but I'm coming around. The 'it all balances out' theory may work over a season but it certainly doesn't hold water in a finals situation.

yellowcake

Things I just added to two areas of commentry on FFAs website...

Given the degree of controversy, the Match Review Panel MUST review this incident for simulation, as (by their own guidelines, quoted when Patricio Perez' was examined) a penalty was awarded. Perhaps Berisha's exorbitant celebration of (when a goal had not been scored nor a game won, so what else but...) his success in convincing the referee, needs also to be looked at.

Mark Shield, I'm not seeking to smear the integrity or ability of your man Gillett but very much dispute your "out of order" call on links to his personal life.
Conflicts of interest must be declared and considered by many in positions of responsibility (political, corporate, legal) and given the responsibility of controlling the A-League showpiece, such a conflict makes it beyond belief that you or the FFA would accept the risk of appointing him, given the likely fallout in the event that something contentious occurred. At least Perth should have been informed and given the option to reject his appointment.
Mark, I would be keen to hear your further comment on this matter.

I also wonder if Jarred Gillet accompanied his girlfriend to her club's celebrations.

Bex

This continues to be a major scourge on the game of football.

I'm filled with frustration that the governing bodies allow divers to get away with it week in week out. It empowers players to continue to play for the wrong ruling. And as a direct result, our showpiece game of the season is marred. It was a brilliant game up until that point.

Now I'm just feeling sick. What a horrible way for Perth to lose. And how can Brisbane hold their heads up as winners of the championship? I would be hanging it in shame if I were them.

Fix it FFA. Seriously. For the good of the game.

Well, I'm feeling a bit sheepish right now. I think I'm going to have to change my mind on the refereeing that awarded the spot kick.

I just went over to www.foxsports.com.au and watched the video "Why it was a penalty". I have to admit, I haven't been sure whether there was a very small touch to Berisha's left leg, but figured if it was a very small touch then how much of a problem could it be? The problem is, the very small touch on Berisha's calf moved his left leg just enough that his left foot came down on top of the ball thus kicking it away from his right foot and thus the air swing.

It seems it was actually an impressive piece of refereeing in the end. :ashamed:

I recommend everyone who was upset by the decision watch the video and make up their own mind. The contact on Berisha's calf is perhaps a little unclear, but such contact fully explains why Berisha almost stood on the ball and sent it clear of his right foot. I'm interested to hear other people's thoughts.

In light of the above, Berisha's actions in claiming a penalty could be appropriate. I hate the way players exagerate falling over after they've been fouled, but Berisha is certainly not the only one who does that.

Unfortunately, it seems he was coming back from an offside position moments before, so whatever impressive refereeing there was spotting the penalty is ruined by a missed off-side by both the referee and the linesman :fireup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred