• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Grand final baby - Our Parradise

Melange

One of the best days of my life. At the crown I had a brief encounter with Pete and Jimmy, so excited was I to meet those legends I forgot to actually tell them my real name, that's what happens when you're star struck ?

Was looking out for you @Michael to shout you a beer, next time mate. Sat next to a lovely family with a young fella named Archie who assures me he'll be playing for the first team in about 10 years time.

Got home last night to watch a replay and pick up some things that you don't see live. A few highlights for me...
- Triantis, the young cb who could get targetted by experienced forwards in a gf and become overawed by the occasion - he owned them. I think around the 60th minute just after getting a yellow he lined up to defend a corner, in front of him were 3 opposition and he just manhandled each one, pulling them out of position pushing them into each other and when the corner came in they were too busy reacting to him to concentrate on their set piece.
- after getting smashed in the back by Reis, Sammy got up and just had a look at him as if to say your mine, 5-10 minutes later he's burning him for that goal. And my gosh, what an assist!
- last season against City at home Nabbout "tackled" Fazz by just kicking his legs out from under him. Five minutes later he jumped above him to header a goal, not sure if Fazz was affected by the challenge or just ball watching but regardless, perfect karma in the g/f.
- Steeley coming on, I'm pretty sure Monty just said go out and cause havoc, buzzed around everywhere shit stirring and being a pest.
- great to see Dan get on, please Dan if you've gotta go don't go to the drive byes.

On the whole team, happy for every other club to delude themselves that this is a one off and we only win because we're fit and compete hard. Monty has a team of skillful fearless players who press intelligently, back themselves to play out from the back not to just keep possession but to draw the opposition defence out of shape for us to exploit with fast transition. Monty IS the best manager in Australia.

Compare us to other teams, we don't get caught up constantly harassing the referee, if we're scored against or go behind we don't flap our arms around and blame each other, if players have left there seems no ill will - Ruhs was celebrating with us on the night, he just didn't work out for us.

A club to be proud of. A team with a culture to be proud of. A supporter base to be proud of!

Last edited:

Michael

One of the best days of my life. At the crown I had a brief encounter with Pete and Jimmy, so excited was I to meet those legends I forgot to actually truly then my real name, that's what happens when you're star struck ?

Was looking out for you @Michael to shout you a beer, next time mate. Sat next to a lovely family with a young fella named Archie who assures me he'll be playing for the first team in about 10 years time.

Got home last night to watch a replay and pick up some things that you don't see live. A few highlights for me...
- Triantis, the young cb who could get targetted by experienced forwards in a gf and become overawed by the occasion - he owned them. I think around the 60th minute just after getting a yellow he lined up to defend a corner, in front of him were 3 opposition and he just manhandled each one, pulling them out of position pushing them into each other and when the corner came in they were too busy reacting to him to concentrate on their set piece.
- after getting smashed in the back by Reis, Sammy got up and just had a look at him as if to say your mine, 5-10 minutes later he's burning him for that goal. And my gosh, what an assist!
- last season against City at home Nabbout "tackled" Fazz by just kicking his legs out from under him. Five minutes later he jumped above him to header a goal, not sure if Fazz was affected by the challenge or just ball watching but regardless, perfect karma in the g/f.
- Steeley coming on, I'm pretty sure Monty just said go out and cause havoc, buzzed around everywhere shit stirring and being a pest.
- great to see Dan get on, please Dan if you've gotta go don't go to the drive byes.

On the whole team, happy for every other club to delude themselves that this is a one off and we only win because we're fit and compete hard. Monty has a team of skillful fearless players who press intelligently, back themselves to play out from the back not to just keep possession but to draw the opposition defence out of shape for us to exploit with fast transition. Monty IS the best manager in Australia.

Compare us to other teams, we don't get caught up constantly harassing the referee, if we're scored against or go behind we don't flap our arms around and blame each other, if players have left there seems no ill will - Ruhs was celebrating with us on the night, he just didn't work out for us.

A club to be proud of. A team with a culture to be proud of. A supporter base to be proud of!

Sorry I didn’t get to have a beer with you mate!
I did chat to about 50 complete “strangers” over the course of the 3 hour pub visit. I was fully enveloped in the atmosphere shall we say….

Jerem

RE: MSM media coverage - I did catch Offsiders on iview - surprisingly good coverage I'd say. They dedicated almost the first 15 minutes of the show to the GF and CCM's win. They had Bruce Djite on who had no other choice but be pretty complimentary to the Mariners.

Definitely the exception to the rule on offsiders

Ironbark

Jamieson said something on the all access episode before the g/f along the lines of "we'll win it because we have the experience, the guys who've been there before... they have their hype man" looked at his buddies and gave a big smirk. Maybe there's something between them.
Absoulte dikhed

style_cafe

Yes I remember that, Valon I'm sure. Wonder if he has Vuka's knee inprint out of his back yet :vhappy:. Rado was whinging we scored whilst Valon was off the field, sorry but thems the rulz boys.
For me that was the turning point of the whole game and total redemption from previous sins.
I`m now a fully fledged 100% Danny Vukovic fan.
I`ve even made the effort to to have a chat with him personally and can now understand and feel the love with the rest of his MARINERS family... :popcorn:

Now the dust has settled a bit, my thoughts go out to JP.
I love his contributions here and since he joined us he has been an avid contributor.
It must have been pure JOY for him to see such a comprehensive flogging of Melbourne City,the club that tore the Heart out of Melbourne....

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred