• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Gosford Council to clean up the CBD - whaddayareckon?

FFC Mariner

Facelift???

Invite Bin Ladens boys in to do some renovations. Cant look worse can it??

The saddest fact is that Gosford is the result of a plan FFS. Maybe sack the council planners and replace them with people who take bribes. At least we would actually get stuff built.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
the worst thing that ever happened (IMO) was letting Erina Fair....not be GOSFORD FAIR....no idea wot nitwit let that one slip through

FFC Mariner

Seriously, bulldoze the Imperial Centre. It straddles the town centre. Convert "Market Town" (or what ever it is called at the moment) into offices/units etc because it is obvious that it wont make it as a shopping centre (broke 2x if I recall??).

Make Mann St pedestrian only from the Union to Gosford Hotel and divert all trafiic along Hentry Parry.

That way you actually get a town rather than vague "zones".

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Greenpoleffc said:
Seriously, bulldoze the Imperial Centre. It straddles the town centre. Convert "Market Town" (or what ever it is called at the moment) into offices/units etc because it is obvious that it wont make it as a shopping centre (broke 2x if I recall??).

Make Mann St pedestrian only from the Union to Gosford Hotel and divert all trafiic along Hentry Parry.

LADIES & GENTLEMEN.....I'm pleased to introduce our NEW town planner  go get 'em Greenpoleffc

dibo

gosford's never going to be the sort of place where large 'shopping centres' (like a westfield or similar mirvac/lendlease jobs) work. there's not enough space so it's too bloody expensive, and the market for that sort of thing is already taken by erina and tuggerah.

what gosford *can* do is attract business for the days and fun for the nights. mixing street level retail and services with commercial above and residential above that would be the goer. creating a supply of available office space could take some doing and would involve competing with 'office parks' like that one up at tuggerah, but it makes more sense for building a city than creating areas which are populated for 40hrs a week and are wastelands the rest of the time.

bringing office workers into the city puts life into the cafes and restaurants during the week, and then if they're nice then they'll attract business out of business hours too, giving a bit of vigour to the nightlife in gosford itself. allowing the new style cafe liquor licences to go with outdoor eating areas would be good, and funnel heavy traffic out of the city to make it as attractive as possible a place to be.

this would be helped by the residential development above, ensuring there's a critical mass of people *in* gosford to attract to businesses in walking distance. you never know, they might not need to use their cars for absolutely everyhting!

P

Pete

dibo said:
gosford's never going to be the sort of place where large 'shopping centres' (like a westfield or similar mirvac/lendlease jobs) work. there's not enough space so it's too bloody expensive, and the market for that sort of thing is already taken by erina and tuggerah.

what gosford *can* do is attract business for the days and fun for the nights. mixing street level retail and services with commercial above and residential above that would be the goer. creating a supply of available office space could take some doing and would involve competing with 'office parks' like that one up at tuggerah, but it makes more sense for building a city than creating areas which are populated for 40hrs a week and are wastelands the rest of the time.

bringing office workers into the city puts life into the cafes and restaurants during the week, and then if they're nice then they'll attract business out of business hours too, giving a bit of vigour to the nightlife in gosford itself. allowing the new style cafe liquor licences to go with outdoor eating areas would be good, and funnel heavy traffic out of the city to make it as attractive as possible a place to be.

this would be helped by the residential development above, ensuring there's a critical mass of people *in* gosford to attract to businesses in walking distance. you never know, they might not need to use their cars for absolutely everyhting!

Dibo, do you have some sort of qualifications in Town Planning or the like, or an avid player of SimCity and been able to get a city planned in that game that actually thrives? Or just have an obsessive/compulsive disorder on the subject? ;D

FFC Mariner

RECKY said:
Greenpoleffc said:

LADIES & GENTLEMEN.....I'm pleased to introduce our NEW town planner   go get 'em Greenpoleffc

Sounds like a plan. do I have to sign up with Iemma's people or can I collect bribes as an independant??

Developers please note, cash in large brown bags but small bills please.

dibo

Spud said:
dibo said:

Dibo, do you have some sort of qualifications in Town Planning or the like, or an avid player of SimCity and been able to get a city planned in that game that actually thrives? Or just have an obsessive/compulsive disorder on the subject? ;D

too much time sitting on trains going between the city and gosford wondering what it would take to create more jobs and opportunities on the central coast, so that maybe in 20 years people like me would be more inclined to stay on the coast rather than move to the city and people like my parents and a lot of my friends' parents might not all have to commute for work.

P

Pete

dibo said:
Spud said:
dibo said:

too much time sitting on trains going between the city and gosford wondering what it would take to create more jobs and opportunities on the central coast, so that maybe in 20 years people like me would be more inclined to stay on the coast rather than move to the city and people like my parents and a lot of my friends' parents might not all have to commute for work.

Now know the 'commute' very well, Dibo. True about having plenty of time! I've drawn up wiring diagrams for guitars and several draft lyrics for some songs while sitting there, waiting.....and waiting.......and thought of chucking in the job...and waiting..... :headbutt:

For an exercise in human behaviour, just catch the 1:45 AM train from Central - particularly on a  Thursday, Friday or Saturday night. Very interesting... :eek:

Anything that can clean up the Gosford CBD is fine with me, I live in Wyong and won't have to pay for the demolision works! But it will be nicer visiting Gosford when I venture to the CCCLC or Bluetongue, if they do that enforced demo thing. :tv:

dibo

Spud said:
dibo said:
Spud said:
dibo said:

Now know the 'commute' very well, Dibo. True about having plenty of time! I've drawn up wiring diagrams for guitars and several draft lyrics for some songs while sitting there, waiting.....and waiting.......and thought of chucking in the job...and waiting..... :headbutt:

For an exercise in human behaviour, just catch the 1:45 AM train from Central - particularly on a  Thursday, Friday or Saturday night. Very interesting... :eek:

Anything that can clean up the Gosford CBD is fine with me, I live in Wyong and won't have to pay for the demolision works! But it will be nicer visiting Gosford when I venture to the CCCLC or Bluetongue, if they do that enforced demo thing. :tv:

Wyong's next cab off the ranks anyway - if Gosford's messed up, Wyong's ground zero. :D

P

Pete

Much less of a "CBD" for Wyong (in fact, it just has a bunch of shops and that's about it!) Dibo, hence less derelict buildings.

The main drag ain't too bad, and they've just redeveloped (a year or two ago) the shopping mall up the hill from the cops.

But when compared to my old stamping ground of Yagoona (in Sydney), both Wyong and Gosford are paradise. And that suburb went to the shithouse when it's Federal Member was then Treasurer (1987 or so) and said we had the recession we had to have. Never recovered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred