• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Good CCM reports

Gratis

Charlesworth hails Arnie pedigree
No need to worry .. Mariners owner Mike Charlesworth says Graham Arnold will relish another rebuilding job at the club (Getty)

Central Coast Mariners chief Mike Charlesworth has tipped Graham Arnold to regenerate the club’s decimated squad and keep it at the apex of Australian football.

Up to seven – or more – of the Mariners’ A-League grand final-winning side will be missing come the start of the 2013-2014 A-League season – either sold, retired or on loan.

But Charlesworth is convinced Arnold – just back from a post-season break in Thailand – will relish refashioning a squad he was been forced to construct and then deconstruct through the prism of long-term survival for each of his three seasons in command in Gosford.

To date, the strategy has produced two grand final appearances and one championship.

But with the latest raft of departures including Bernie Ibini, Mat Ryan, Oliver Bozanic, Pedj Bojic and Daniel McBreen – on loan – the task of regeneration is looking more daunting than ever. Especially when you add the names of the retired Patrick Zwaanswijk and the possible exit of in-demand centre-back Trent Sainsbury.

Charlesworth, who hopes to see Melbourne Victory’s Marcos Flores come the other way to augment the return of Matt Simon, declared: “The guts of the team is going to have to be changed but I am sure we will still be a force because Arnie has been there and done it all before.

“Sometimes when a team wins the league, if they don’t bring in new players they never emulate the feat the following year.

“You saw that with Manchester City last season. They didn’t bring in any new players and dropped off the pace as a result.

“With us, it will be a case almost having to build a new team, but I don’t think we will be that disadvantaged.

“Player for player we didn't t have the best team in the country last year but we did have something special about us with the way the team was managed by Arnie.

“What's going to happen now is that people will write us off once again. And Arnie loves it when people do that.

“If we had the same players people would be seeing us as a top two or three side but that won’t be the case any more and I feel Arnie will relish showing that he can build another winning formation almost from scratch.

“He has a knack of finding the best youngsters and augmenting them with experience, which Flores will provide us if we land him from Melbourne.”

That deal, though, hinges on Victory landing its top target, Greece international skipper Giorgios Karagounis.

Arnold already has within his ranks exciting rookies Mitchell Duke, Zac Anderson, Nick Fitzgerald and Anthony Caceres and sees Flores as the focal point next season.

“I am sure Arnie would build a playing structure almost around him, because that probably hasn't been the case in Melbourne for Marcos,” Charlesworth added.

But Charlesworth insisted that were he to come to the club he would not be able to command the marquee remuneration package he is used to at Victory.

“We have a marquee manager in Graham Arnold but we’re not in a position to sign marquee players as such," he said.

“But we are an appealing club to play for. I don’t think Arnie will find it hard to bring in talent.

“The Central Coast is a beautiful environment, our training facilities are unrivalled in the A-League and we have the best coach in the land. In terms of selling this club, especially to youngsters, it's quite easy.”
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1157014/Charlesworth-hails-Arnie-pedigree

Reactions: adz

neverwozza

Went searching for info from our glory days and came across this thread. Some nice reading but how ironic is the 2nd last post that almost ended the thread. Not many good CCM reports since.

Antlion

Amazing... Is Fox reading this forum?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...n/news-story/e6af262e356a81ffb196814741aeb38d
THE STATS

From the start of the A-League (2005-06), up until the end of the 2013 grand final, if you do an aggregate league table of every season from the start, the Mariners are the best in the competition.

Incredible, given the geographical limitations.

They had played 195 matches and won 85 of them, leaving them with 310 points.

Second behind them were Brisbane Roar with 303 points, then Melbourne Victory with 299.

But from the start of the 2013-14 season until now, the Mariners are last.

They have played 156 matches with just 31 wins, leaving them on 128 points.

The nearest is the Newcastle Jets and Wellington Phoenix, who are both 53 points better than them.

Wombat

Recky reports that we have signed Abraham Majok from the Drive by's. 16 games for Wanderers this season for 2 goals and an assist. I'm expecting most of his games were off the bench so he might be a prospect and have some size which will be nice.

turbo

I'm expecting most of his games were off the bench so he might be a prospect and have some size which will be nice.
700 minutes, 5 full games, started 6. 2 goals 1 assist.
Also we have a contracted not inexpensive striker that should be coming off the bench. If we don’t answer our scoring woes we’re doomed to another rubbish season.

Big Al

Recky reports that we have signed Abraham Majok from the Drive by's. 16 games for Wanderers this season for 2 goals and an assist. I'm expecting most of his games were off the bench so he might be a prospect and have some size which will be nice.
Watched him play a youth game at COE when WSW had shabow as well. Definite no thanks. Taller Appiah

pjennings

A previous poster her Bowden described Majok playing for the Olyroos as

Majok looks like quite the player. Great passing, crossing, and 1v1 skills.

Big Al

:tinfoilhat:
A previous poster her Bowden described Majok playing for the Olyroos as

Majok looks like quite the player. Great passing, crossing, and 1v1 skills.
Sounds like maybe time will tell. He certainly gets into open space he just lacks quality.
Hope I’m wrong (my missus will tell you i never am :p) but I’m definitely in the bambi on ice team (sorry @Wombat)
And i do watch the WSW games most times. Against men he has blown some sitters

Tevor

:tinfoilhat:
Sounds like maybe time will tell. He certainly gets into open space he just lacks quality.
Hope I’m wrong (my missus will tell you i never am :p) but I’m definitely in the bambi on ice team (sorry @Wombat)
And i do watch the WSW games most times. Against men he has blown some sitters
Agree, I Watched some WSW games when he was starting and I thought he was a skinnier Bolt. Definitely blew some sitters. Bambi on ice as well from me.

FFC Mariner

Skinny Appiah isnt he? Cheap and not very good - why we wont promote our own youth over other teams rejects is disturbing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami