• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Good Books

serious14

Bought you a Big Day Out ticket didn't he??  :p

"The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins is another quality read.

J

jiggles

Finished a book called Sold by Patricia McCormick, about the sex slave industry in Nepal and India. Very eye opening an, just...wow really.

Just given a copy of To Kill a Mockingbird. Its the only book that I had to read in English at school and didn't hate with a passion afterwards. Brilliant story...will be reading it countless times.

J

jiggles

Random, but my mate LOVED the time travellers wife...saw the movie. Said the movie was a total disgrace and shit compared to the book.

Kareem

yer- I am afraid of that. It has Eric Bana which is a no-no
not to mention, I just dont know how suitable that kind of book is for the movies.

apart from that I am sad to say I dont read as much as I used to. Very dissappointing...I suppose I read more before football came into my life
Football >>> books

J

jiggles

Yeah, apparently Eric Bana is good...but just doesn't suit the role very well. Apparently that was one of the biggest flaws in the movie.

On another forum I am on, there is a "books that should/should't be made into movies" thread and it's actually interesting on peoples opinions. I generally hate it when one of my favourite books becomes a movie because you lose so much of the plot. Prime example is My Sisters Keeper. I read the book when it was first released and have every single one of Jodi Picoults books. I was so excited about the movie. Then they fkn changed the ending (and not just a bit...like, the whole plot just...changed) and they skipped out a lot of the sub-plots and focused on the wrong characters.

Forum Phoenix

serious14 said:
Bought you a Big Day Out ticket didn't he??  :p

"The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins is another quality read.

Mmm, and have you seen the editor ;)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Atheists-Guide-Christmas-Ariane-Sherine/dp/0007322615

I had the pleasure of seeing Dawkins at the Festival Of Dangerous Ideas at the Opera House recently Serious. First time out here in awhile. Sold out. Front and centre seats, was fantastic. Must be more accessible to you now being based in the UK however!

I'm also a Sam Harris and Christopher Hitchens fan.

hasbeen

Yeh, I thought "the God delusion" was pretty good. The Kite Runner wasn't bad either, although a little far-fetched towards the end. Just read a couple of Michael Connelly's which were ok (The Lincoln Lawyer & Echo Park).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred