• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Gold Coast cap crowds to 5,000

Jesus

Jesus
He makes reasonable points, though i dont agree with the 5k limit, but is way too late.

IMO clive should buy some land next to the stadium, build a carpark, and watch the titans pay for his team.

Free public transport is not necessary in other states to get people to games, i dont even know if it would help, but it seems there is little parking around QLD venues, so why not create it himself?

FFC Mariner

In the Club's first year we will be there in the Finals and give the title a shake. The players need your support to bring success home

I'd love it, just love it if they finished 7th

dibo

per capita arguments can bite me. try renewing a player's contract while saying that we're paying a very competitive salary based on contribution per fan. not all markets are equal, deal with it.

it seems skilled park *are* being very inflexible, but he's pretty comprehensively mismanaged the PR here and they look like a basketcase.

Jesus

Jesus
dibo said:
per capita arguments can bite me. try renewing a player's contract while saying that we're paying a very competitive salary based on contribution per fan. not all markets are equal, deal with it.

it seems skilled park *are* being very inflexible, but he's pretty comprehensively mismanaged the PR here and they look like a basketcase.

Yeah, it seems it is the cost of the stadium, more than the free transport levy that is annoying clive. Surely there must be a balance found for the good of them both.

dibo

in other grounds, certain facilities simply aren't opened on gamedays when demand isn't there - homebush are really good at it. the SFS does it to an extent too.

but really, if 5k is what they can get at most, they shouldn't be here *or* we should be lowering our sights as far as where this league can get to.

Jesus

Jesus
dibo said:
in other grounds, certain facilities simply aren't opened on gamedays when demand isn't there - homebush are really good at it. the SFS does it to an extent too.

but really, if 5k is what they can get at most, they shouldn't be here *or* we should be lowering our sights as far as where this league can get to.

I dont think starting at 5k, hopefully building to 6 or 7 by finals time is a bad thing really. I think that the FFA and GC were too optimistic initially. A massive overhaul to the price structure next season will help, as well as some success.

It is about building a footprint for 10-20 years time. Trying to get the kids in, and have them hooked for life.

dibo

Jesus said:
dibo said:

I dont think starting at 5k, hopefully building to 6 or 7 by finals time is a bad thing really. I think that the FFA and GC were too optimistic initially. A massive overhaul to the price structure next season will help, as well as some success.

It is about building a footprint for 10-20 years time. Trying to get the kids in, and have them hooked for life.

I agree with all of that, but capping capacity at 5k builds nothing.

We're pretty much the model for all small market clubs. Build a club, not just a team. Engage with the community so that the locals feel they have some ownership rather than have a team dropped in as an oligarch's gift.

Wear some losses early, but build and keep the faith.

All up though, a few things have to go right and it can be stuffed up pretty easily. Turn out a team of utter whipping boys and you won't live and alternatively if you are completely aloof, verging on hostile to the people who would otherwise be your supporters then you're not going to help.

I would *much* rather support a Con Constantine backed club than a Clive Palmer backed club.

Jesus

Jesus
dibo said:
Jesus said:
dibo said:

I agree with all of that, but capping capacity at 5k builds nothing.

We're pretty much the model for all small market clubs. Build a club, not just a team. Engage with the community so that the locals feel they have some ownership rather than have a team dropped in as an oligarch's gift.

Wear some losses early, but build and keep the faith.

All up though, a few things have to go right and it can be stuffed up pretty easily. Turn out a team of utter whipping boys and you won't live and alternatively if you are completely aloof, verging on hostile to the people who would otherwise be your supporters then you're not going to help.

I would *much* rather support a Con Constantine backed club than a Clive Palmer backed club.

Big call, and the people of Newcastle seem to be disagreeing with you

dibo

it took con nearly four years in the HAL to threaten to throw someone from a balcony. this bloke's going to lock the gates on people in only their 6th home game.

Forum Phoenix

NOT that you'd want either........

But Con strikes me as the Baseball bat in the board room kind of guy...

Whereas Clive is more your Tanks in the square kinda man.

I guess it's horses for courses...
Homicidal dictator... physcopathic loon...
Tomato.. tomarto...
And all that...

;)

FFC Mariner

Clive is a fat capitalist pig who will be the 1st up against the wall come the glorious day (ok after Rupert and the Queen but at least 3rd).

Con is simply a spiv, Clive embodies all that is evil in our economy.

A bully with some very dubious past associations.

f**k him, f**k his club, f**k his players.

This "statement" sounds like a spoiled brat whining because he cant have his own way.

Hopefully the FFA, Qld Govt/Skilled will stand tough

Jesus

Jesus
FFC Mariner said:
Clive is a fat capitalist pig who will be the 1st up against the wall come the glorious day (ok after Rupert and the Queen but at least 3rd).

Con is simply a spiv, Clive embodies all that is evil in our economy.

A bully with some very dubious past associations.

f**k him, f**k his club, f**k his players.

This "statement" sounds like a spoiled brat whining because he cant have his own way.

Hopefully the FFA, Qld Govt/Skilled will stand tough

Explain how this is different to Con?

Jerem

Jesus said:
"Let's be honest here, what is not in the best interests of the club, the Hyundai A-League, football or the people of the Gold Coast, is a club that is operating within a structure that is not viable," he said.

i havent read the entire thing, but this one intrigues me, there seems an implication that the clubs structure is not viable, in that case lets rewind and say how did these clowns get the license?? i have a growing feeling FFA should take it back and to west sydny

Forum Phoenix

This is football Clive not Mining.
Football clubs all over the world are run on non viable financial structures and very often lose money.

Some of those clubs however have the good fortune of being run by people who are passionate football lovers and will keep them afloat - without screwing over the fans.

serious14

This looks f*cking _embarassing_ on TV.... whoever's genius plan it was to put the crowd on the broadcast side - brilliant.

:-\

serious14

So they want to save money..... but they've got security/police patrolling the empty side of the stadium??  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

This absolute farce has gotta be demoralising for the Gold Coast players, surely??

Ben

serious14 said:
This looks f*cking _embarassing_ on TV.... whoever's genius plan it was to put the crowd on the broadcast side - brilliant.

:-\
pretty sure clive made them sit on the side that would be off screen so it looked worse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred