• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Gold Coast cap crowds to 5,000

northernspirit

Surely this is a breach of the licence contract, if this is the commitment of Jabba the hut he can f**k off. If this shit continues id rather see GCU axed and Canberra given the licence.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/115523,please-explain-mr-palmer.aspx

EXCLUSIVE: FFA chiefs have demanded answers from Gold Coast United owner Clive Palmer after the club made controversial ticketing changes for home games.

United today confirmed they would be capping crowds at 5,000 per game in a bid to save money. Three-quarters of the stadium will now be out of bounds meaning empty seats all round on TV coverage.

But the move has also eliminated all the cheaper seats available at the ground with prices now starting at a hefty $42 for the cheapest adult seat, at a time when other clubs are cutting prices.

Additionally the crowd cap will mean public transport will no longer be included in the ticket price, sending the cost of a matchday soaring, especially for Brisbane-based fans.

Members will now also no longer be able to sit in their original seat and are to be moved to the grandstand, wiping out any home end support.

Now the FFA have accused Gold Coast of lying to them in their original bid which won them the franchise.

"The FFA is reviewing its options in response to what the club is doing in regard to capping ticket sales," FFA football operations supremo Archie Fraser told au.fourfourtwo.com.

"We have written to the club this afternoon and pointed out that what it has proposed does not fit into the parameters of their original ticketing program that was submitted to the FFA.

"Capping ticket sales is not in the best interests of the club, the Hyundai A-League, football or the people of the Gold Coast.

"The FFA wants to work constructively with the club through this issue for the best outcome for all."

Gold Coast United did not respond to enquiries about the new arrangements, but furious fans are said to close to boycotting the next home gaime this weekend against North Queensland Fury.

Gold Coast United Supporters Club secretary Terry Hands said there were a range of problems now facing the club.

"Obviously there is the issue of ticket prices, there is the stadium agreement situation, both factors, but I think it is the issue of community engagement that is the number one issue when you look at the forums and the like," he told au.fourfourtwo.com.

"The club has to get out there and make itself known. I speak to a lot of people and believe me, there are still those unaware of Gold Coast United.

"The message has got to start getting through. People know about the Titans, they know about an AFL team which has yet to start here but not enough people are identifying with Gold Coast United."

He added:"Hopefully the players will respond to last week by putting in a performance and getting the result but what does it do for them to see so many empty seats?

"I think there are a lot of people taking great delight in the situation at the moment but a lot of those people also recognise the importance for clubs to succeed in the A-League, for the good of the league itself."

midfielder

They can piss off then .... palmer only wants to have a football team for mining tals to Asian mining companies... he is only going to be trouble ... give the lience to Canberra instead...

dibo

clive palmer makes con look like a loyal, humble and devoted servant to the game.

Paolo

Won't have to worry about crowds reaching the 5k anymore...$42 starting price, f**king kidding right?

Arabmariner

I get the feeling he wants out and this is a deliberate attempt to get himself kicked out !

Would he be better off financially getting kicked out than if he pulled the pin himself ?

David Votoupal

Will a book be written about GCU in the years to come? Or will it be taught in business school? This crowd-capping crap is bizarre in the extreme.

northernspirit

Arabmariner said:
I get the feeling he wants out and this is a deliberate attempt to get himself kicked out !

Would he be better off financially getting kicked out than if he pulled the pin himself ?
hopefully your right, they need to be axed before more harm is done to the league - the league is struggling as it is and doesnt need this to make things worse

The FFA has to bear alot of the responsibility for all of this though, too much emphasis is put on the financial side and not enough on the football side... surely part of the bidding process has to be demonstrated ideas on marketing and brand building, not just showing a huge wad of cash.

FFC Mariner

"I think there are a lot of people taking great delight in the situation at the moment but a lot of those people also recognise the importance for clubs to succeed in the A-League, for the good of the league itself."

As someone who takes delight in these arrogants f**ks being shown up for what they are, I would suggest the FFA rip his license off him for the breach and I'm sure S Coast/W Syd will be happy to step up early.

There is a squad of players that will be free and Smeltz would love living on CC I reckon

David Votoupal

northernspirit said:
GCU - NZ Knights v2

Except nobody ever thought the Knights were a good idea (Wellington became a different matter), and many were clamouring for a GC side.

The clubs up in SEQ have real problems connecting with the large football community up there. Long story.

northernspirit

true, problem is once youve lost them its really hard to get them back
look at northern spirit in the nsl, in the case of GCU they never came to start with

sheer arrogance of clive just expecting to sit on his fat ass and automatically 10,000 people will come to games with no groundwork underneath, they needed to take the approach that we have on the CC

David Votoupal

Our problem is that unlike other countries we don't have rusted on support for clubs built up over the generations that will stick by them through thick and thin. Will we ever build that up?

Arabmariner

David Votoupal said:
Our problem is that unlike other countries we don't have rusted on support for clubs built up over the generations that will stick by them through thick and thin. Will we ever build that up?
Not in my lifetime and I suspect probably not in yours either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred