• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Foxtel's A-League Coverage

Insertnamehere

Excellent news, thanks for the heads up gents.

About a month ago, I subscribed to Foxtel Now. I intended to watch it via Chrome web browser. I have a computer attached to my TV which enables this. I can also watch on my computer in the study to keep the girlfriend happy.

I was not impressed by the video quality, especially for football. The resolution is rather good (HD), but the frame rate was not. The video was a bit jerky. Rather irritating for watching football.

I invested in a Chromecast Ultra, much better result. Smoother playback. This requires running the Foxtel Now app on my phone and casting the match to the Chromecast. No big deal.

Until such time as the Kayo smart phone apps are released, I suspect the video playback for Kayo on Chrome will be the same as Foxtel Now.

It's certainly going to be better than a dodgy stream, but that's free and Kayo isn't.

14 day trial and a away game this weekend, what is there to lose?
The nerds on whirlpool were generally more positive about the resolution than that of Now. Being a beta it can only get better. I’ll wait till it’s out of beta. YouTube and a VPN provides HAL at 720 for now.

Scotty

I have created a comparison between Kayo and Foxtel Now in terms of image quality.

Compare the two images below:

Kayo - https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3n8b9p91e3xmwc/Kayo.jpg?dl=0

Foxtel Now - https://www.dropbox.com/s/d71ksc76ga8d3p9/FoxtelNow.jpg?dl=0

The images were taken while playing back an on demand A-league match on Chrome (Windows). I paused the video at the same point in the match and took a screen shot.

The difference is remarkable. Kayo is far superior.

Be aware that this is an on demand stream. With Live TV streams, the difference is less so, but still in Kayo's favour.

Well done Kayo!

priorpeter

iOS (iPhone/iPad/Apple TV4) and Android apps are now available for Kayo. Good time to jump on board a free trial at least.
Resolution is up to 1080, obviously depending on your connection speed. 7.5Mbps should be enough to get you 1080p. 4Mbps should still get you 720p.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

it's not just image quality - Foxtel Now is really just watching Foxtel, online. Kayo is a new online platform they've built from the ground up.
Jump in live or watch the game from the start. Key events like goals are bookmarked in the timeline that you can see. You can also have multiple 'channels' on the screen at once - watch the HAL and the cricket at the same time and switch audio when something interesting happens.

It's much more progressive than I expected from Foxtel.

Ancient Mariner

Just started Kayo through Apple TV. Pissed off FOX, Netflix and Stan. All Fox sports channels $25/month and in HD rather than the shit quality I had before.
Add in Freeview, SBS on demand, ABC Iview, I have all the tv I can handle without getting ripped off for crap.

Insertnamehere

Just started Kayo through Apple TV. Pissed off FOX, Netflix and Stan. All Fox sports channels $25/month and in HD rather than the shit quality I had before.
Add in Freeview, SBS on demand, ABC Iview, I have all the tv I can handle without getting ripped off for crap.
Yeah it's defs a winner. I've continued to pay after the trial.

JoyfulPenguin

Kayo is great, finally Fox realising that people just want the sport not their product.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb