Foxtel's A-League Coverage

Discussion in 'Australian Football' started by Scotty, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Insertnamehere

Insertnamehere Well-Known Member

The nerds on whirlpool were generally more positive about the resolution than that of Now. Being a beta it can only get better. I’ll wait till it’s out of beta. YouTube and a VPN provides HAL at 720 for now.

2. MagpieMariner

MagpieMariner Well-Known Member

I'm connected via Foxtel Now to my daughter's account. Best of both worlds for me, I watch the footy and she pays for it. :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Scotty

Scotty Active Member

I have created a comparison between Kayo and Foxtel Now in terms of image quality.

Compare the two images below:

Kayo - https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3n8b9p91e3xmwc/Kayo.jpg?dl=0

Foxtel Now - https://www.dropbox.com/s/d71ksc76ga8d3p9/FoxtelNow.jpg?dl=0

The images were taken while playing back an on demand A-league match on Chrome (Windows). I paused the video at the same point in the match and took a screen shot.

The difference is remarkable. Kayo is far superior.

Be aware that this is an on demand stream. With Live TV streams, the difference is less so, but still in Kayo's favour.

Well done Kayo!

• Like Like x 3
  4. priorpeter

priorpeter Well-Known Member

iOS (iPhone/iPad/Apple TV4) and Android apps are now available for Kayo. Good time to jump on board a free trial at least.
    Resolution is up to 1080, obviously depending on your connection speed. 7.5Mbps should be enough to get you 1080p. 4Mbps should still get you 720p.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

it's not just image quality - Foxtel Now is really just watching Foxtel, online. Kayo is a new online platform they've built from the ground up.
    Jump in live or watch the game from the start. Key events like goals are bookmarked in the timeline that you can see. You can also have multiple 'channels' on the screen at once - watch the HAL and the cricket at the same time and switch audio when something interesting happens.

It's much more progressive than I expected from Foxtel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Well-Known Member

Just started Kayo through Apple TV. Pissed off FOX, Netflix and Stan. All Fox sports channels $25/month and in HD rather than the shit quality I had before.
    Add in Freeview, SBS on demand, ABC Iview, I have all the tv I can handle without getting ripped off for crap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Insertnamehere

Insertnamehere Well-Known Member

Yeah it's defs a winner. I've continued to pay after the trial.

8. JoyfulPenguin

JoyfulPenguin Well-Known Member

Kayo is great, finally Fox realising that people just want the sport not their product.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Well-Known Member

Now all that is needed is for them to get rid of Speed and Harper from commentating.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2