• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Formula 1

tuftman

Bex said:
tuftman said:
Dibo, Alexander Wurz is probably the best case of what you just pointed out. Considered by many to be the best test driver in the paddock, he was given the Williams race seat in 2007 and aside from a podium in the usual battle of attrition that is Canada, Nico Rosberg thrashed the pants off him. Being able to improve and develop a car is one thing, being able to defend your position on worn/wrong tyres, or being able to pressure someone into mistakes, or just scare them off the road is something completely different

IMO, Damon Hill is another example. Sure, he did win a title, but the car was an absolute weapon, due in a large part to Hill's testing and development work. In spite of that, Jacques Villenueve, who was then in his rookie F1 year, pushed Hill in the championship right to the last race after having a slower start to the season.

Villenueve then won '97, and proceeded to achieve sweet f**k all since then. Kinda tells me that the Williams FWwhatevers where the real reason behind the WDC's

happy

No Schumacher comeback in F1. He cancelled his comeback today due to a injury.

Michael Schumacher abandons plans for Formula One comeback
Ben Smith

Schumacher has abandoned his comeback after failing to shrug off an injury suffered in a motorbike accident

Schumacher has abandoned his comeback after failing to shrug off an injury suffered in a motorbike accident

Michael Schumacher has abandoned plans to return to Formula One because of a neck injury.

The seven-time world champion had been due to replace Felipe Massa at Ferrari for the European Grand Prix in Valencia on August 23.

The German driver suffered the injury after a crash during a motorbike test in Spain in February when he damaged his back and neck.

The 40-year-old said last week that he was still experiencing some soreness. The neck, is the key area of stress in a Formula One driver's body because it has to be strong enough to withstand the G-forces during cornering and braking. Schumacher had initially been typically forthright about the injury and began work to strengthen his neck and back muscles. However, despite intensive treatment and gym work, Schumacher says the injury has not improved.

"Yesterday evening, I had to inform Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo and Team Principal Stefano Domenicali that unfortunately I'm not able to step in for Felipe," he said. "I really tried everything to make that temporary comeback possible, however, much to my regret it didn't work out. Unfortunately we did not manage to get a grip on the pain in the neck which occurred after the private F1-day in Mugello, even if medically or therapeutically we tried everything possible.

"The consequences of the injuries caused by the bike-accident in February, fractures in the area of head and neck, unfortunately have turned out to be still too severe. That is why my neck cannot stand the extreme stresses caused by Formula 1 yet. This are the clear results of the examinations we did on the course of the past two weeks and the final examination yesterday afternoon. As there were no improvements after the day in Mugello, I decided at short notice on Sunday to do that thorough examination already yesterday.

The German driver said the decision had been an extremely difficult one to make and he apologised to everyone at Ferrari and to fans of the sport.

"I am disappointed to the core," he added. "I am awfully sorry for the guys of Ferrari and for all the fans which crossed fingers for me. I can only repeat that I tried everything that was within my power. All I can do now is to keep my fingers crossed for the whole team for the coming races."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article6791049.ece

Wondering who will get the cockpit now ???

scottmac

Suspended
Spewin! this was going to be big and a possible revival for the sport. Dissapointed, but as always unless Schuey could put in total 100% effort, he wouldn't do it.

tuftman

Bex said:
Or perhaps Nelsinho Piquet???

I was thinking the same thing, he was pretty clearly treated a bit ordinarily at Renault(probably to do with not being managed by Briatore-wouldn't be the first either), but he obviously has talent and his Dad was no slouch either so its not like he'll be lacking in advise and expertise in his camp (For the uninitiated, Nelsinho's father, Nelson Piquet Sr. was a 3-time World Champion himself)

happy

According to some German papers Luca Badoer will most likely get the cockpit.

The reason why Schumacher had to cancel the comeback is that the injuries he suffered earlier this year aren't healed. He said that this was the worst accident in his entire life. He suffered some fractures in the head and neck area.

Bex

I was thinking simply in terms of Nelsinho's match fitness. If its just a one or two race cameo, Luca Badoer won't have time to get used to the different demands of a race weekend. Furthermore, Luca wasn't exactly a standout when he did race F1 all those years ago so I can't see him being any improvement over Nelsinho. At least Nelsinho will have the qualifying and race start tactics/skills fresh in his mind.

dibo

I reckon Badoer will do really well on Fridays and Saturdays but then go backwards faster than Cadel Evans on a climb come Sundays.

Bex

I think Badoer will struggle with the qualifying session; he has never experienced qualifying in that format and he wasn't that fast in qualy when he raced. Now, the qualy sessions are so close he could end up 10 positions behind Raikkonen.

Ravana

Is anyone else sick of the Hamilton worship by litchard? he seems to go the extra mile with his prasie of him

dibo

dibo said:
I reckon Badoer will do really well on Fridays and Saturdays but then go backwards faster than Cadel Evans on a climb come Sundays.

I was half-right - poor bugger didn't even qualify that well...

tuftman

He'll get the teams full support at Monza I think. Italian driver, Italian team, Italian Race..its the kinda thing that would make Enzo smile

Bex

Could be a good opportunity for Fisi to make a good case for a drive next season; especially with rumours of Raikkonen heading back to McLaren his heart may not be in it with Ferrari. I don't think he would get the Ferrari drive though unless he pulls something VERY special out of the hat.

serious14

*is worried for Red Bull and their engine situation - with Monza being an engine killer and all that gear*

Bex

Vettel has the most to worry about with engines after two engines let go in Valencia. However, Christian Horner is on the record saying that Vettel will be okay provided they limit his running on Fridays at Spa and Monza. Wouldn't surprise me if they use a new engine at Monza since its such a hard track on engines.

I would imagine if we're going to see more engine failures it will be in the last few rounds when they're using engines that already have miles on them; particular at the tougher engine circuits like Japan and Abu Dhabi.

Ravana

what you reckon bout this Piquet delibrate crash thing?

I highly doubt it, how would you organise something like this without anyone knowing?

All radio is monitered by FIA

Vettel will have a hard time with engines now, but I wonder why it is vettel having the engine trouble and webber not so much? The car computers wont let the driver over rev, so i wonder why is seb get all the bad luck?

Also good to know refueling will be gone next season, bloody fuel rigs suck anyway

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred