• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Former Mariners in the NPL

JoyfulPenguin

Former Mariners Transfers
Cameron Windust: Central Coast Mariners to Marconi Stallions (NPL NSW)

Jacob Melling: Charlestown Azzuri (NNSW NPL) to Woongarrah Wildcats (Central Coast Premier League)

Josh Rose: Edgeworth Eagles (NNSW NPL) to Woongarrah Wildcats (Central Coast Premier League)

Matt Lewis: Blacktown City (NNSW NPL) to Woongarrah Wildcats

shipwreck

When the f**k did the Woongarrah wildcats become a team on the coast?

Looks like they'll have some team....

Michael

Killarney has won the last 7 premierships.

The last 3 GFs have been Terrigal vs Killarney.

Money got pumped in and they got promoted from div1, went back down and now they are back up they are buying survival. Not really dominant.
90% of the paid players actually left when they got relegated, Div 1 is quite weak these days. They actually got back up on merit. They’re paying to try blow the comp out of the water, which as I’ve said before is hilarious. As far as I’m aware and I could be wrong but Kilarney famously don’t pay players and arguably have had better 1st grade line ups than CCU in the past.

CCF really need to do better to police clubs paying players, I know it would be hard but when literally everyone knows it’s happening, it needs to be atleast investigated. They’ve signed a striker from Vic NPL ffs ???

It’s always happened to some extent but never this ludicrous (even when Gosford did it a few years ago, many of those players just wanted to win with their best mates), the exact amount spent will come out one day. And as the clubs that don’t pay players have stated, use your sponsor money to invest in making your junior program the best it can be to grow the sport on the coast.

Stuartmcateer

90% of the paid players actually left when they got relegated, Div 1 is quite weak these days.
Div1 has been weak for a long time.

Outside the top 3 or 4, the BPL isn't even that strong.

There aren't enough players of the standard required on the coast to have 20 clubs with 2 grades (plus 21's for BPL).

Also doesn't help having CCU rip players out of the local comps (both junior and senior) to play in the 3rd tier of the NPL.

Michael

Div1 has been weak for a long time.

Outside the top 3 or 4, the BPL isn't even that strong.

There aren't enough players of the standard required on the coast to have 20 clubs with 2 grades (plus 21's for BPL).

Also doesn't help having CCU rip players out of the local comps (both junior and senior) to play in the 3rd tier of the NPL.
I mean, a huge factor of that is the better coastie’s go play somewhere in newy or Sydney for some cash and the younger ones in the mariners academy etc

turbo

And as the clubs that don’t pay players have stated, use your sponsor money to invest in making your junior program the best it can be to grow the sport on the coast.
With most clubs around the $400 mark or more for adults this season and kids $200 - $250 the idea of anyone paying senior players in a central coast based comp is sickening. The players that make up the bulk of your player base rarely give a crap about grade and aren't choosing a club based on it.

Insertnamehere

With most clubs around the $400 mark or more for adults this season and kids $200 - $250 the idea of anyone paying senior players in a central coast based comp is sickening. The players that make up the bulk of your player base rarely give a crap about grade and aren't choosing a club based on it.
Eesh.895 for u10 academy in brisbane. FQPL4 at that too, so nowhere near NPL.

turbo

Eesh.895 for u10 academy in brisbane. FQPL4 at that too, so nowhere near NPL.
I'm not referring to any academy program just the basic grassroots club membership to play in the CCF local comp for Gosford / Kariong / Wyong etc.. on a Saturday morning and train with a volunteer coach who may or may not know anything about football. SAP or private academy fees would be extras and CCU's program for example looks to be $360 per school term on top of rego. Not sure what they charge for their junior sides but can't imagine its much less if less at all than what you're quoting.

For the seniors ~400 you get a patch to run around on once a week and some space to train. Some old balls most of which don't hold pressure and a couple of new ones for matches. Usually a ref but probably not a liney and not a lot else tbh. For 6-7k per senior team it doesnt feel like we get a lot back tbh but maybe that's me being salty about crossing the $400 point.

Last edited:

Michael

Exactly right

priorpeter

I'm not referring to any academy program just the basic grassroots club membership to play in the CCF local comp for Gosford / Kariong / Wyong etc.. on a Saturday morning and train with a volunteer coach who may or may not know anything about football. SAP or private academy fees would be extras and CCU's program for example looks to be $360 per school term on top of rego. Not sure what they charge for their junior sides but can't imagine its much less if less at all than what you're quoting.

For the seniors ~400 you get a patch to run around on once a week and some space to train. Some old balls most of which don't hold pressure and a couple of new ones for matches. Usually a ref but probably not a liney and not a lot else tbh. For 6-7k per senior team it doesnt feel like we get a lot back tbh but maybe that's me being salty about crossing the $400 point.
$495 at gosford this season. Thought about lacing the boots up for an illustrious* comeback, saw the rego fees, and put the boots back away.

* Comeback may or may not have been illustrious. I guess we’ll never know.

marinermick

$400 works out to be $22 per match. When you add on training that works out be $11 per session and roughly $6-$7 per hour.

What other sport is this cheap?

And I am not talking about league or AFL that have few grassroots participants and can pump their billion dollar tv deal into subsidising rego fees.

Stuartmcateer

$400 works out to be $22 per match. When you add on training that works out be $11 per session and roughly $6-$7 per hour.
Except when the grounds get closed everytime it even looks like rain. ?
What other sport is this cheap?

And I am not talking about league or AFL that have few grassroots participants and can pump their billion dollar tv deal into subsidising rego fees.
It's all relative and should be compared to other types of entertainment/ exercise.

How much is a gym membership that most people don't keep using? Or a night out at the movies?

Also for kids if you pump them into a musical instrument what is the cost of the equipment and lessons?

I think most people are looking at it from the viewpoint that paying first grade players/coaches in a local comp shouldn't be subsidised by a levee on the community football part of the club.

turbo

$495 at gosford this season. Thought about lacing the boots up for an illustrious* comeback, saw the rego fees, and put the boots back away.

* Comeback may or may not have been illustrious. I guess we’ll never know.
450 if you get in before the early bird cut off, includes ref fees too. And that's still expensive, at 495 entire teams will walk and the club loses more money even 450 has my current 35s team considering it. I'm hoping the hike is temporary and they can get their house in order and put some downward pressure on it for next season.

marinermick

Except when the grounds get closed everytime it even looks like rain. ?

It's all relative and should be compared to other types of entertainment/ exercise.

How much is a gym membership that most people don't keep using? Or a night out at the movies?

Also for kids if you pump them into a musical instrument what is the cost of the equipment and lessons?

I think most people are looking at it from the viewpoint that paying first grade players/coaches in a local comp shouldn't be subsidised by a levee on the community football part of the club.

The examples you provided are all more expensive per hour.

Agree totally about subsidising grade and to be fair most clubs don’t subsidise their first grade program. At Ourimbah first grade brings in more in sponsorship than the cost of running the grade squad, including the cost for the first grade coach. Add in what they bring match day ifor canteen and fund raising and that number increases further. Senior players and the first grade coach are also active in training and developing juniors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred