• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Former Mariners in the NPL

Big Al

Yeah I had better things to do too, but watched 10 minutes while waiting for the BBQ to get up to heat.
He didn't do much in the bit I watched.
Came back in after putting the meat in and he was lining up a free kick with another bloke.
The other bloke took it. Would have been 2 points if they were playing league.
Don’t burn the snags for Hoole

shipwreck

Only fraud bigger than this guy, Mulvey upon saying (insert dodgy manc accent) "Prior to getting injured Andrew was our best player by far in pre season"

Wow

JoyfulPenguin

I don’t see it as a shame at all. His attitude and personality deserves to be put on blast.

On paper when an ex aleague player with 136 games on his CV, especially at the age of 25, drops to NPL you should 100% see the massive gap in quality no matter if it’s that players first 58mins down in npl.
The only comparable player to hooles situation is Oxborrow. He only has 49 aleague appearances and when he gets on the ball, and even off it, 9/10 times you’ll see a very large gap in quality over the NPL players.
His attitude and personality definitely need to be pointed out and shamed. He has terrific technical skills that plenty of players work their entire lives never to achieve, such a shame that someone who is simply held back his attitude is in possession of them.

Michael

His attitude and personality definitely need to be pointed out and shamed. He has terrific technical skills that plenty of players work their entire lives never to achieve, such a shame that someone who is simply held back his attitude is in possession of them.

Whilst I don’t agree with your opinion of his technical skills, nothing against you JP I just really hate Hoole. I do agree with your sentiment. So many people dream for years to be in hooles position and his piss weak god complex attitude has killed him time and again.

Another slight comparison to hooles situation is Kekeris... the Olympic coach has slowly brought him into the starting side, I think today was his first or 2nd start. Which is smart because he may have been hugely affected by being let go and being so young.
I watched abit of him today and he looked extremely sharp on the ball and most the time looked 5 yards to fast for his team mates. Still has a positive future if he stays focused.

marinermick

Hoole played his first game for Briadmeadow Magic. He is in the team with his brother, the Virgili brothers and Mitch Oxoborrow; a team that should carve the comp.

They played Edgeworth Eagles and drew 0-0.

From all reports Hoole was absolutely woeful.

Michael

Hoole played his first game for Briadmeadow Magic. He is in the team with his brother, the Virgili brothers and Mitch Oxoborrow; a team that should carve the comp.

They played Edgeworth Eagles and drew 0-0.

From all reports Hoole was absolutely woeful.

The Newcastle NPL is very under rated by the vast majority. It’s a league full of ex NYL players, very nearly a 50/50 split of scummers and coasties in that regard. Being a coastie, it’s good to watch the streams because you’re usually watching someone you know or know of. Whilst there isn’t as many ex full timers as the Sydney or Victorian NPL’s I think that makes it better to watch. It’s such a fast skilful comp. Usually pretty exciting. Broadmeadow and Lambton usually have the best first grade sides closely followed by Hamilton. The reason Magic don’t run over the comp with the bigger name players is because the other sides are mostly well coached and fitter and faster than magic. Edgeworth for example don’t have the best players at all, but are so well coached and so physical and usually have Danny Mcbreen on the end of things.
Weston for example are killing it this year with their young exciting side with some ex ccm NYL boys.

Wombat

Weston......now that is a go ahead team and area.

I used to do a lot of business in areas like Kurri Kurri and Cessnock and be pretty depressed after driving home quickly.

At least the homes are not all Green fibro anymore so that's a positive

marinermick

I played junior and senior PL in Newcastle and Weston were always a tough side to play. Played against Richard Johnson against Weston who went on to play for Watford and had a couple of Socceroos caps. Proud football area that goes back to the number of English miners that were there.

And Michael I agree about the quality of the NBN League but in all honesty someone like Hoole should be killing it, not ambling around like a passenger.

Last edited:

Michael

I played junior and senior PL in Newcastle and Weston were always a tough side to play. Played against Richard Johnson against Weston who went on to play for Watford and had a couple of Socceroos caps. Proud football area that goes back to the number of English miners that were there.

And Michael I agree about the quality of the NBN League but in all honesty someone like Hoole should be killing it, not ambling around like a passenger.

I 1000% agree
Refer back to my big rant in this thread on the weekend.
I strongly believe he’ll get a leg or ankle broken if his attitude doesn’t change.

Wombat

Their youth were average against our boys but got a 1.1 draw this weekend. The girls got flogged 5.1 and some of them should not be playing Reps. Not sure its a strong club but perfect for stationary bike rides beside the pitch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max Clark