• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Football superstar

Alicia

Speaking of Sydney FC  ::)  I was sent a membership pack from them today.  I couldn't believe it.

My uncle suggested I cut it up into pieces and mark it return to sender.

I said I would be more upset if it had come from the scummers and that i'd drive to scumcastle just to slam it on their desk and tell them to get stuffed!

S

soccersensei

The show needs a lot of work, very flawed... poorly shot and edited, with a boring format. My 11 & 13 year old particualrly the 11 year old who'll even watch 30 odd minutes of "Major league Soccer" before he loses interest, doesn't even last 10 minutes through the show. Talk about missing a key demographic. Last weeks show, didn't actually show any football whatsoever till there was only 7 minutes to go. I actually think this initiative is a good one, kudos to bling *Pounds head against table*  and I think it's actually good for footballs profile in large. But ffs, I just wish they'd at least catch some of the magic & dynamic energy of football - All these extremely short snippets of wide shots or "too close ups" that allow very little enjoyment and barely any ability to define whether the players are actually any good and how they are stacking up against each other and no opportunity to form an opinion or attachment... which is surely where all the fun is - Instead it's just Kosmina telling us who's good. Honestly it's like being invited to a pool party and not being allowed in the pool. Instead "Kossie wank" is the only one whose allowed to swim and we're supposed to be grateful when he splashes us. 
:naughty: :tv: :naughty:

Sean

soccersensei said:
The show needs a lot of work, very flawed... poorly shot and edited, with a boring format. My 11 & 13 year old particualrly the 11 year old who'll even watch 30 odd minutes of "Major league Soccer" before he loses interest, doesn't even last 10 minutes through the show. Talk about missing a key demographic. Last weeks show, didn't actually show any football whatsoever till there was only 7 minutes to go. I actually think this initiative is a good one, kudos to bling *Pounds head against table*  and I think it's actually good for footballs profile in large. But ffs, I just wish they'd at least catch some of the magic & dynamic energy of football - All these extremely short snippets of wide shots or "too close ups" that allow very little enjoyment and barely any ability to define whether the players are actually any good and how they are stacking up against each other and no opportunity to form an opinion or attachment... which is surely where all the fun is - Instead it's just Kosmina telling us who's good. Honestly it's like being invited to a pool party and not being allowed in the pool. Instead "Kossie wank" is the only one whose allowed to swim and we're supposed to be grateful when he splashes us. 
:naughty: :tv: :naughty:

Yeah I agree. I dont mind the show, but its not what i expected it to be. Last year there was a great program or documentary on Nike Australia's next Ronaldinho competition. Similar format to this Football Superstart show. The football and skills of the young lads put through the drills was well covered as the talent of these kids was the prime focus, and some of the stuff they pulled off was baffling! - it was a great show and wouldve been great for any young kid watching it. i really thought this show wouldve been like this as it was also a fox product, but im wrong so far.

Some of the kids on this show are tools and I hope that Carlos wanker with the rats tail doesnt win.
Also I think that Adam kid will win it (dont know if he has been eliminated lately as i only watched the opening two episodes). Coventry apprentice, and notice how Kozzie has his eye on him all the time.

Aden

marinermick said:
tonight's show the superstars played the mariners and won 3-1

didn't recognise one player for us - must have been our youth team or academy

our keeper got chipped twice - hehe
Deej said:
Would have been kids in the academy team (some Lightning guys I expect), I thought I recognised Redders in goal though

i know some of the lightning boys were in there i reconized brady smith as well as xavier Forsberg the central defender .. And im positive  redders was in goals with trotts jersey on

Bear

MarinaTed said:
They said international (or national?) keeper if that helps any.

Redders is the u20 Australian keeper, so it was prob him

Aden said:
.. And im positive redders was in goals with trotts jersey on

Quite odd, considering he has his own shirt with his own number

goingtoadisco

i did not think there was any youth signings yet . so i doubt that will be our team.

what did you guys think of that penalty that the mariners scored ? from the footage it looked like a pretty clear penalty kick as the "football superstar" pretty much pushed that maroners player over.

Deej

Jocwa08 said:
if that was our youth team im pretty worried.
especially redders in goals.

I wouldn't worry yet that would have only been a few of the boys from the acadamy.  Our youth team will attract some Sydney players too, Brown and Tobin are looking for players now.

Redders had no defence in front of him LOL I doubt Danny could have done much with a couple of the goals

Ted

Jocwa08 said:
if that was our youth team im pretty worried.
especially redders in goals.

yeah, there were several lightning players along others trialing for the Mariners.

The keeper did have a shocker though.

fedelta

soccersensei said:
particualrly the 11 year old who'll even watch 30 odd minutes of "Major league Soccer" before he loses interest

Your son and I have something in common.  ;)

Rhys and Rocchi and still there so I'm happy.  ;D

Keeper had a shocker as many have said..shithouse positioning..

Paolo

If you don't want to watch but are interested in who wins, the wiki page has the winner...worthy winner, was head and shoulders above the rest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Superstar#Winner

Sean

keensy said:
If you don't want to watch but are interested in who wins, the wiki page has the winner...worthy winner, was head and shoulders above the rest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Superstar#Winner

um doesnt show who wins. can you pm it to me?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred