• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Football Clubs (and Countries) you hate

serious14

Pretty self explanatory - rational and irrational reasons (or lack thereof) are more than welcome.  ;D

I'll kick things off:

Clubs

Liverpool (duh)
Chelsea (pack of utter, utter c*nts)
Leeds (even more so)
Tottenham (could you get a more delusional mob of twats than this lot??)
AC Milan (Gattuso, you f*cking c*ntstain)
Roma (words cannot quantify my hate for that piece of shit Totti)
Rangers (if they are the people, then I fear for the people)
Sydney FC (the very definition of "arrogance")

National Teams

Iran (as if that needs to be explained)
Uruguay (Recoba's arrogance is that of Sydney FC x 100000)
USA (Recoba x 1000000)
Croatia (breed your own players ffs)
Italy (your legs generally work better when you stay on them dickheads)

:fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:

Arabmariner

Clubs

Celtic ( filthy green soap dodgers)

Rangers ( filthy blue soap dodgers)

Dundee FC ( part of me wants them back up so we can beat them in derbies....but the bigger part of me wants the c**ts to get relegated again,go broke and die!!)

Aberdeen ( sheep shaggin b*****ds)

Newcastle Jets (no explaination needed here)

Sydney FC ( as above )

Countries

France (The weakest race on the planet.Will have a whine and give up when the going gets tough whether it be football or anything else (WW2).Tossers.

England (I actually don't hate them.I just like the banter.)  :p

skilbeck

Clubs:

Rangers FC
Linfield FC
Chelsea FC (All 3 represent the same thing in different countries, that being C18 linked, racist and sectarians with blood as blue as their shirts)
Newcastle Jets
Sydney FC
Real Madrid
Lazio
Tottenham
Arsenal
West Brom
Birmingham
HSV
Kilmarnock
Inverness
Hearts

Countries
Northern Ireland
England
USA
Germany
Turkey

FFC Mariner

Arabmariner said:
FFC Mariner said:
Clubs:

Chavski
Derby
Sheffield United
The Scum

National Teams

USA (Bruce Arena )
Just curious......why Derby ?

Oh thats easy.

Last game of the season, away at the old baseball ground, needed a win to go up and pip Leicester at the post (although we only found that out after the game).

The final day of the season saw Leicester at home against Burnley, with Fulham away against Derby County. Fulham had clawed their way back to being level on points with Leicester, meaning that if Leicester won, they were promoted. If Leicester drew with Burnley, a win would be enough for Fulham at Derby and if they lost, a draw would be enough for Fulham. Derby, who had been the English champions just eight years previously, had struggled all season and needed a point to guarantee avoiding relegation. To reiterate how strong the Second Division was at the time, however, their team contained the likes of Kenny Burns, Archie Gemmill, Paul Futcher and Bobby Davison, and they were managed by Peter Taylor, who had been Brian Cloughs foil to a Football League championship and two European Cups at Nottingham Forest. What followed was arguably one of the most infamous English football matches of all time.

When people talk about atmospheres at modern football matches ever being intimidating, they dont know what theyre talking about. The atmosphere at The Baseball Ground on that Saturday afternoon in May 1983 was poisonous. Derbys old ground was always an intimidating one for away clubs, with tall, narrow stands on all four sides and the feeling that the crowd was only inches away from the field of play. On this particular day the crowd was swollen by Derbys need to stay up, and Derby played above themselves. With fifteen minutes to go, Bobby Davison volleyed in the only goal of the match. What happened next, however, would leave the end of the season in chaos. The crowd invaded the pitch to celebrate the goal before being temporarily penned back in by policemen with dogs. With time running out, however, the fences behind the goal were opened and the crowd spilled out, standing on the touchline. With five minutes to play, Fulham were attacking on the left wing when Robert Wilson was kicked by a supporter. The referee called a halt to proceedings with two minutes to play when the crowd invaded the pitch, thinking that the referee had called for full time when he had actually blown for a free kick.

Ironically, the events of the last five minutes at The Baseball Ground were largely irrelevant. Leicester drew 0-0 against Burnley to secure their place in the First Division, meaning that Fulham would have needed to score twice in the last five minutes to stay up. However, it was an impossible atmosphere for the last ten minutes of the match and there is no question that Fulhams players were badly treated, with many of them being assaulted as they left the pitch. Fulham appealed to the Football League for the match to be replayed, and Derby, safe in the knowledge that results elsewhere had gone their way and they hadnt needed any points to stay up in the first place. The following week, the Football League decided to uphold the result, promoting Leicester and keeping Fulham down. As with so many other teams at the time, Fulham had serious financial problems, and their promising 1983 team soon broke up, with Malcolm MacDonald leaving as manager in 1984. It would take them until 2001 (and after several more scrapes with insolvency) before they finally made it into the Premier League. Leicester would go on to last until 1986 before being relegated again.

The only real time I have seen Fulham fans go "mental". Everyone was "out for the day" as they say and we had endured a 90 minute shower of urine filled cups, coins (and even a pigs head was lobbed). After the game, people were tearing down fences and gates to get at them and the police actually ran outside the ground until the dogs were off their leads and the horses came in (A terrifying sight).

By the time we got back onto the trains, British Rail then did something dumb. The train we were on stopped at Leicester of all places. Train emptied, station trashed - not pretty.

Since then, just about every Fulham fan who was there that day has wanted nothing but bad things for Derby.

Atomic

That's an amazing story FFC...

Can someone fill me in as to why there is so much hatred for the USA? I would've thought they were a bit of a non-entity in the big scheme of football rivalry's.

Arabmariner

FFC

Fair enough.That's a good enough reason to hate them.

Last day of the season in 1983 was May 14th.While you were going through all that crap we were winning the title for the only time in our history at the home of the tossers down the road.

Very different memories of that day you and I!!

Also just from memory didn't the chavs escape relegation from Div 2 on the last day that year aswell ?

Forum Phoenix

Atomic said:
That's an amazing story FCC...

Can someone fill me in as to why there is so much hatred for the USA? I would've thought they were a bit of a non-entity in the big scheme of football rivalry's.

Thats a great story. And Derby were second on your list!
What's the story behind number your number 1 pick?!!!!

FFC Mariner

Atomic said:
That's an amazing story FFC...

Bruce Arena for mine.....complete tosspot

FFC Mariner

Bruce Arena, if he lived in a village of ignorant twats, people would point him out and say "he is an ignorant twat"

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world-cup-2006/forget-england-we-want-to-play-the-yanks/2005/12/06/1133829597323.html

Arena, whose team has achieved a FIFA world ranking of eight due largely to a system widely regarded as flawed, told Sports Illustrated's website: "The last time around [in the World Cup], the easy games were China and Saudi Arabia. This time around you'd probably say Australia and Trinidad & Tobago are the weak ones."

Arena seemed to grudgingly concede Australia and Trinidad & Tobago had some claims to being there, adding: "But Australia has basically all of its players in Europe, and Trinidad have a guy [in Yorke] who was arguably the top striker in soccer.

ryan

Clubs

Manchester United - obviously, will never be as good as Liverpool no matter how many titles they win
Newcastle Jets - of course
Tianjin Teda - awful play acting turned the ACL game into a farce

National Teams

Whoever we play next

tuftman

Clubs
Newcastle and Sydney(obvious reasons)
Chelsea-(their carry-on after the Barca game, to use Didier Drogbas words, "was a f**king disgrace"
Liverpool- Just can't stand them, dunno why, probably to do with their ridiculously one-eyed fans
Real Madrid- Purely for their outlandish spending, would be egg on their face if they still fail
Inter- Just not a fan of Moratti

National Teams
Italy- Gattuso, who hacks people down, and is a world class diver.
        Totti- He scored the penalty, nuff said
        Grosso- He 'won' the penalty, nuff said

Uruguay- Their divine right to play in the World Cup? Yeah, look how that turned out..c*nts
Croatia- What serious said
England- "This year is our year to win the World Cup/Euros" Only to predictably tumble out in the quarters

RADINHO

Clubs -

Liverpool (rubbish football + cant win EPL)
Man U (arrogant) 
Newcastle Jets (no explanation needed)
Wyoming FC (dirty club)

Countries

Saudi Arabia (knocked Iran out of 2010 World Cup)
North Korea (knocked Iran out of 2010 World Cup)
Japan (Australia's Main Asian Rival)
Italy (Divers!!!)
USA (dont like bob bradely)
EGYPT (just to upset Kareem ;) )

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member