• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Finals: Mariners v tap water drinking junkies

booney

Congratulations to Monty and all our coaches for their efforts this season.Also Shaun and the admin staff have done a great job,particularly Iain Shand.Our players have given us many moments of joy and everyone did some great things this year but Rowles,Miller and Birraz were outstanding ( and special mention to Beni).

Congratulations to our fans and fellow forumites -opinions may differ but in the end going to games and posting on the forum show an interest in the club and the code in general.

I do feel grumpy about losing to the diving team,especially the three Spanish assassins but like us at least Adelaide give young players a go.Perversely though I would like the lost in the wilderness Melbourne club make the GF as Connor Pain and Lachlan Wales are in the team.

Ads

Haha. That would be a big move and a fire lighter to keep the momentum of the F3 derby.
Could be a master plan and scripted by the league.

Wonder if Dwight York appointment was encouraged by the league with a little handout to start the trend of bigger names in the league?

Next thing you know we will have Armini, Wales and Caceres back for another Mariners reunion marketing spin.

Michael

Yeah big shame. Though i don’t blame Windrust, yes just caught out by Rowles passing the ball straight to the opposition.
I don’t blame him either, was just unfortunate he was the one to miss the intercept. Massive fan of the kid, ready made replacement for when Kye eventually gets a move overseas.

also, I can see why many are saying Ruon should’ve been thrown in… but he only played 30mins in about 6 weeks. Cam had been playing NPL regularly and had a couple decent games in the lead in. Monty trusted the young lad and he was fitter and sharper. I thought he did just fine in the circumstances.

Tevor

I don’t blame him either, was just unfortunate he was the one to miss the intercept. Massive fan of the kid, ready made replacement for when Kye eventually gets a move overseas.

also, I can see why many are saying Ruon should’ve been thrown in… but he only played 30mins in about 6 weeks. Cam had been playing NPL regularly and had a couple decent games in the lead in. Monty trusted the young lad and he was fitter and sharper. I thought he did just fine in the circumstances.
I agree that Windust was the right choice and he should be a good prospect for next season. I don't think Monty was out coached, both teams had a plan and their first goal was what we have done numerous times this season and scored when not really having the momentum and against the run of play. If we had snagged an early goal then totally different game. Everything fell right for their game plan and the Ref was an advantage for them after hitting an early lead and they hacked at our ankles and pulled off late tackles all match unpunished by Elder. Monty gave all our attacking weapons plenty of time but with their six at the back it was a tall order. Football can be a cruel game and we just didn't have that little bit of luck like they did.

bikinigirl

dammit @bikinigirl look what you started ?

. hey i didn't start it, Fulham did

... oh, you mean the rumour - yeah okay, i did start that

. apologies to anyone who took my baseless bullshit for anything but ... i didn't really feel like talking about the game and thought i'd get in early with the off-season crap

. i thought it would be better to start with something that nobody could consider as a possibility to ease the transition from last night with a little chuckle ... apparently i was wrong

. but geez i'm glad i didn't start some baseless rumour about the very real possibility of losing some of our core

Rising Sun

. hey i didn't start it, Fulham did

... oh, you mean the rumour - yeah okay, i did start that

. apologies to anyone who took my baseless bullshit for anything but ... i didn't really feel like talking about the game and thought i'd get in early with the off-season crap

. i thought it would be better to start with something that nobody could consider as a possibility to ease the transition from last night with a little chuckle ... apparently i was wrong

. but geez i'm glad i didn't start some baseless rumour about the very real possibility of losing some of our core
I know someone who is a lip-reader and they said that Penha was just discussing with Matty whether he thought it would be better to live at Terrigal or Point Frederick when he moved down here when they were "chatting" in the tunnel the other week

Insertnamehere

I think we needed to start with an experienced squad inc RT and Niz and make swaps for them at the half if the tank was low.

But we were hampered with injuries at the wrong time. RT and Muller all year. Niz, Lewis, Hall and Moresche in the last few weeks.

Reds did just that. Start experience see how it panned out

Big Al

Bloody hell off season sucks.

A couple of tweeks and we’ll be good again next season.

A LW an experienced Mid (although probably won’t be a priority as the club will invest in Ballard and Steele now they’ve had a good season) and maybe a CB (if Kye goes overseas - he should) and we are good to go (obviously RB too but we’ve apparently already secured that replacement).

Flick Cy and Muller if we can and see what other holes develop.

booney

Ballard and Steele really stepped up in Ollie's place.While they lack the physicality of a Jedi or Stensness Ballard paticularly is very skilled and reminds me a bit of the Dutchman Tommy H.

Muller had some good moments but should be moved on.If Cy could add some robustness to his play he could have an excellent second season.Likewise Moresche( if he makes a full recovery) who tended to pull out of tackles and 50/50 chances earlier on but who did become more physical as the season progressed.

If Rowles is going I hope it is to a good league( Scotland has been mentioned) but Belgium,Holland or Bundesliga 2 would be fine.Japan and South Korea also would be good moves but as Europe is the epicentre of the code a move there would be better.

ryan

Tam out Rowles in (that’s just a guess based on the tweet). I think he’d suit Ange style. No idea who plays for Celtic apart from Rogic who has now left
Rowles out Tam in for us. As much as i'd miss Kye, i'd be ok with having Tom back.

turbo

This is where the marquee money should be going. Bring back roos in their late prime.

Rather than some semi washed, pay day seeking mid 30yo
I don’t think Rogic would bring the kind of interest they’re after. Quality player and would make the league better, but is he the draw card to bring new eyes to the league? The personality to spearhead the marketing push? That’s what the APL funded players need to be and I’m not convinced.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami