• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Finals: Mariners v tap water drinking junkies

Ozhammer

Whilst we can be understandably disappointed with tonight’s result, we can surely only be happy to be relevant in the league once again.

Tonight’s performance was nowhere near our best but injuries definitely stretched our small squad in the end and every player has grown this season, which can only bode well for the future.

As one challenge comes to an end, so the next one starts and retaining as much of this squad as possible (with a couple of exceptions perhaps) must now become the immediate focus for the club. Hopefully Monty and Ken can prevent the heart being ripped out of this team and add upgrades where they are needed, with our new owner helping that process by allowing the full cap to be spent.

We already know Miller and Smith are leaving and that Ollie also seems on his way out too, so hopefully we can replace each of them with at least equal and preferably better quality. As the CCM brand is no longer tarnished, that will hopefullly make the process of recruitment less difficult but when teams have success it is only natural that others covet their jewels, so that will no doubt present its own challenges.

All in all, it has been a great season to be a Mariners fan and it was always going to take more than one or two years to build a side to challenge for honours, so we all need to remain patient.

Well done Monty, Serge, JVS and all of the coaching staff for your hard work off the field. Well done Sean, Ken and all the office staff for all of your hard work behind the scenes. And well done to all of the players for continuing to restore pride to our club and our region.

COYY ??

samster

Whilst we can be understandably disappointed with tonight’s result, we can surely only be happy to be relevant in the league once again.

Tonight’s performance was nowhere near our best but injuries definitely stretched our small squad in the end and every player has grown this season, which can only bode well for the future.

As one challenge comes to an end, so the next one starts and retaining as much of this squad as possible (with a couple of exceptions perhaps) must now become the immediate focus for the club. Hopefully Monty and Ken can prevent the heart being ripped out of this team and add upgrades where they are needed, with our new owner helping that process by allowing the full cap to be spent.

We already know Miller and Smith are leaving and that Ollie also seems on his way out too, so hopefully we can replace each of them with at least equal and preferably better quality. As the CCM brand is no longer tarnished, that will hopefullly make the process of recruitment less difficult but when teams have success it is only natural that others covet their jewels, so that will no doubt present its own challenges.

All in all, it has been a great season to be a Mariners fan and it was always going to take more than one or two years to build a side to challenge for honours, so we all need to remain patient.

Well done Monty, Serge, JVS and all of the coaching staff for your hard work off the field. Well done Sean, Ken and all the office staff for all of your hard work behind the scenes. And well done to all of the players for continuing to restore pride to our club and our region.

COYY ??
Echoes my feelings very well

Everyone wrote us off as usual, we scored more goals than ever and all whilst developing young Australian talent.

Shaun, Ken & Monty & everyone else should be incredibly proud of their work

Forum Phoenix

Re Rowles. Sad, but he thoroughly deserves it.

Fortunately in Hall and Tongyik (back to form) we have potentially a fantastic pairing if we can lock them for the next two years. (I can't remember when they're contracted to? - Both coming off I thought?) Then Windrust as back up only need one more quality CB back up.

Meerkat

P
I've gotta say when Hall went down with his knee I had a sinking feeling for our finals hopes. We were always going to need him to make it any distance into the finals. Got worse when Moresche went down too. I kind of expected to win this and then lose the semis being home and away with our already thin depth being so depleted.
No disrespect to Windust of course who I think has been decent and will be a future star. But without the dynamism of Hall/Rowles as a pair, and Moresche has been an added zing going forward, we were just that little bit short. Alas.

Overall well done to all involved - Viva la CCM!
Agree with all of the above.
I was hoping for something magic.. but I felt the candle flame of hope flicker and dim with those two massive losses. Dan particularly.

Kilsin

Really proud of the boys and very grateful for Monty, looking forward (optimistically) to next season, hopefully, we can hang onto the spine of our team and challenge for the premiership and finals, although I fear we will lose Kye OS as per the rumours on twitter.

FFC Mariner

Not sure we were "out coached" more that we are really 1 dimensional and easy to work out.
With the squad we have you can't expect total football.
We missed:
A true leader at the back, a Wilko or a Jedi. We can't afford that.
Someone to lead the line. Cumdog isn't that kind of player, he is the little man in the traditional combo (add a fit, younger Simon and see what you get)
A fit Niz.
So close down our fullbacks. Extra man in the middle and we are struggling.
Disappointed in Marco. He ought to be our creator and isn't.
Do we need a real #10?

Wombat

I think RT should have started this game but I understood Monty's decision to stick with Cam but unfortunately, it hurt us and combined with Roycey (Rowles Royce, its a better nickname than bread) having a poor game it ultimately was the difference. Birraz's howler at the end was just the cherry on top for Adelaide.
Everyone at the Mariners should take a bow. Adelaide are one of the better sides in the Comp and were allowed to hack us a fair bit.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
SO...there you go , still better than the f**king spoon IMHO ..P- even had the game up quick for me (sound was f**ked, but it is them) MoM for mine was Maxxy B ....and might i add Carl Blurt or vart or whatever his f**king name is shits me to tears ....Upwards and Onwards Coasties ...great times is coming

turbo

. any truth to the rumour that de Silva wanted back in ... but we had already signed Penha, bumping Steeley out?

:unsure:

... off-season has started
Everything I had heard pointed to Penha to Sydney. DDS would be an upgrade on Cy no questions there. From what we've seen I think Steele is still a sub or squad player at this stage. Not sure Nisbet and Ballard is the answer for a first choice core on a 4-4-2 either. Bit for management to ponder and succession plan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami