• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA set to survive Tanner's razor gang

Jesus

Jesus
Glad to see rudd cutting Howards vote buying from the federal budget.Why the government can announce funding just prior to an election eludes me. Budgets in election year should be basically the same as the prvious year, and then the new/re-elected government can adjust it afterwards.

Glad that league and union got cuts

S

soccersensei

Hilarious " 13 million saved on" rugby  fishing halls of fame and 5 million at Flemmington is indeed a cut back on irresponsible spending. As to a "25 million dollar QLD football academy"
Yeah because QLD really seems to struggle producing rugby players?

38 million into alternative energy sources, which will help save the planet and lower the cost of living for all families across the nation perhaps...??

Who the f**k are these people!?

(thanks for that Midfielder)  :goodpost:

FFC Mariner

A certain Mr Jones was going off something shocking on AM Radio in Sydney this morning about this.

"Outraged" that Rugby and NRL got chopped while Sokka (as he charmingly called it) and VFL (as he called it) were prioritised.

Complaining that the Gov were covering our losses (which they are).

Glad I tuned in for the traffic at 8am now.

Maybe its because our game is taking its rightful place (as No1 football code) and his game is sinking to its place (3rd/4th).

Love it. The little fascist was almost in tears

hasbeen

Let's hope FFA funds don't get hammered by the budget, otherwise they'll have their hands in our pockets again. The FFA levy already went up by over 60% this year for all players. God knows why we're expected to bail them out in the first place, it's not as if we actually get anything in return for the $20 handout we're giving them. 

Jesus

Jesus
Rudd is semingly going to pay for most of the costs of the youth league for the FFA.

The FFa are also in negotiations with the feds about the womens league funding.

midfielder

Jesus said:
Rudd is semingly going to pay for most of the costs of the youth league for the FFA.

Greenpoleffc  said
Re: FFA set to survive Tanner's razor gang
Reply #23 on: Today at 08:37:54 AM  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A certain Mr Jones was going off something shocking on AM Radio in Sydney this morning about this.

"Outraged" that Rugby and NRL got chopped while Sokka (as he charmingly called it) and VFL (as he called it) were prioritised.

Complaining

Jesus, does this mean the 32 million is still OK, i.e. 16 million fot the youth & 16 million for the Womens.

Greenpoleffc maybe rugby lost it because of Mr Jones and its pay back time.

S

soccersensei

Jones is the worse kind of bigoted asshole. An intelligent one.
It's a great topic for him as it suits all his agendas politically and demographically...
I dance and revel in his pain.

serious14

dibo said:
serious14 said:
dibo said:
*interest rate rises are meant to burn. they make you hurt when you reach for your wallet in myer,

Interest rate rises or not, Myer always hurts your wallet.

i just bought a laptop from there not even an hour ago - intel core 2 duo t9300 (2.5GHz), 2GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 9500m GS with 512GB RAM on board, 200GB HDD, 802.11a/b/g/n network card, bluetooth, digital tv tuner, dvd supermulti drive, vista ultimate, free mouse, bag, router... $1799.

no pain at all my friend!

I got my Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 2Gb Ram, ATI Radeon 2500 (512Mb), Bluetooth, Wireless, Vista, blah blah blah from Thailand for $999.

Even less pain right there.  And this was last July.  :p  The amount of taxes, tariffs, surcharges, fees and all the rest that we pay in this country is disgusting.

dibo

serious14 said:
dibo said:
serious14 said:
dibo said:
*interest rate rises are meant to burn. they make you hurt when you reach for your wallet in myer,

Interest rate rises or not, Myer always hurts your wallet.

i just bought a laptop from there not even an hour ago - intel core 2 duo t9300 (2.5GHz), 2GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 9500m GS with 512GB RAM on board, 200GB HDD, 802.11a/b/g/n network card, bluetooth, digital tv tuner, dvd supermulti drive, vista ultimate, free mouse, bag, router... $1799.

no pain at all my friend!

I got my Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 2Gb Ram, ATI Radeon 2500 (512Mb), Bluetooth, Wireless, Vista, blah blah blah from Thailand for $999.

Even less pain right there.  And this was last July.  :p  The amount of taxes, tariffs, surcharges, fees and all the rest that we pay in this country is disgusting.

what model was that?

and when you fancy forgoing healthcare, education, roads, sewers, sanitation etc., then complain about taxes.

serious14

dibo said:
what model was that?

and when you fancy forgoing healthcare, education, roads, sewers, sanitation etc., then complain about taxes.

Acer Aspire 4920G - some of those parts (more RAM, speedier processor) weren't with the standard edition of that model, I got them swapped out over there under the Service Warranty - their tech guys are disturbingly good.

And I meant import taxes Mr. Marx, calm down.  :p

serious14

The hilarious thing about all this funding ruckus is that the money didn't actually exist - it's not like it was in there bank accounts and the government went "oink, taking that back".  It was a promise from the government that isn't here any more (to the joy of some  :p), so quite frankly, it was foolish of those executives (David Gallop is a fool anyway, so no surprises there) to plan spending money that was in no way shape or form guaranteed to them......

midfielder

soccersensei said:
It's a great topic for him as it suits all his agendas politically and demographically...

Spot on Mate, so true what you say.

Jesus

Jesus
midfielder said:
Jesus said:

Greenpoleffc  said
Re: FFA set to survive Tanner's razor gang
Reply #23 on: Today at 08:37:54 AM  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Complaining

Jesus, does this mean the 32 million is still OK, i.e. 16 million fot the youth & 16 million for the Womens.

Greenpoleffc maybe rugby lost it because of Mr Jones and its pay back time.

The 32 million was a rudd election promise. The things being cut howard put in the budget pre-election.

The 32 million is not being taken away.

However, the new 16million is for the youth league i believe. The other 16million was continuing from previous howard funding being recommited by rudd.

In other words howard but 16 mil in the budget. Rudd is keeping it, but adding a bonus 16mil for the youth league.

S

soccersensei

Good, as it should, as finally we are building a sporting code in Australia which isn't surrounded by constant drug use, brawling and rape charges.

P

Pete

serious14 said:
The hilarious thing about all this funding ruckus is that the money didn't actually exist - it's not like it was in there bank accounts and the government went "oink, taking that back".  It was a promise from the government that isn't here any more (to the joy of some  :p), so quite frankly, it was foolish of those executives (David Gallop is a fool anyway, so no surprises there) to plan spending money that was in no way shape or form guaranteed to them......

The reason the NRL and ARU went out and spent money that was promised, is because in the past, the money would have been handed over no troubles.

If they want to build a bloody shrine to their legends let them build it from their own capital base, not the taxpayers, ffs!
Late Edit: And maybe, the FFA's funding request had more substance to it by wanting to develop youth and improve the sport rather than sinking a shitload of $$ into some museum...

P

Pete

midfielder said:
soccersensei said:

Spot on Mate, so true what you say.

And, dare I say, an asshole that's seen a lot of traffic!

If I ever see creeps like that in the Mariners dressing room, I'm calling the cops.

Omni

FFA don't need the money, they're paying people to do jobs that Mariners Volunteer force would have done for free.

And the prices for the GF, hardly in need of money, jerks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred