• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup Final

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

They were brought in following the Thierry Henry handball vs Ireland - what's the f**king point of them if they're not even able to advise on infringements?

Also, they're in the wrong corner - they should be on the left side to monitor the goal line on the other side of the goal from the AR.

Pointless, poorly thought through waste of a uniform.
Agree wholeheartedly - never understood why they're on the same side as the AR.

Somebody on a ref's forum told me (not sure how informed this is) that if they were on the other side it would have thrown the ref off their diagonal run.....which makes zero sense (but wouldn't surprise me if it was the reason). For one, no reason for the ref to alter the diagonal for an official who rarely has an input. Two, makes no sense to have them on the AR side - because they're basically just duplicating the AR's view - that means if that side view is blocked, 2 officials have a blocked view. Three, not like refs these days run a diagonal anyway - pretty sure top-tier refs seem to be taught to run up and down the middle; so many penalty decisions are incorrect because these refs (same in the EPL) seem to always stand at the top-centre of the PA, when you should usually be off the the left somewhere.

I actually think they used to be able to rule on penalty decisions (well, advise the referee) - but I did check the LOTG. Might have changed...

Forum Phoenix

It`s the first few games of their first A-league season.
Let`s cut them some slack,they`ll improve so much this season,just like Stensness did.
Even though some on here would have cut him in his first few weeks... :popcorn:

I wasn't one. Defended Stens. And the slack is already pre cut, like I said... "I like them".

But for now, I do think we need Nisbet back beside Olly to start.

Avoca

Having known a few journalists, a large percentage of game reviews are pre-written. Usually there are two skeleton copies, & one version is fleshed out at the conclusion of the match.

From the media’s perspective, Melbourne’s journey from wooden spooners to finalists fits the predetermined “narrative” perfectly.

There’s a reason why the stars and planet’s align for certain sporting fraternities, & not others.

I was dumbfounded when an excited Archie compared the excitement to “David & Goliath”, after the event.

No, you actually cheer for the underdog, Archie, not the malicious giant.

It’s a biblical story, where our pint-sized hero, David, cuts off the beast’s head. You never side with a rich, plastic, bully. Ever.

FA...Football Australia? No. FM... Football Melbourne.

LFCMariners

Having known a few journalists, a large percentage of game reviews are pre-written. Usually there are two skeleton copies, & one version is fleshed out at the conclusion of the match.

From the media’s perspective, Melbourne’s journey from wooden spooners to finalists fits the predetermined “narrative” perfectly.

There’s a reason why the stars and planet’s align for certain sporting fraternities, & not others.

I was dumbfounded when an excited Archie compared the excitement to “David & Goliath”, after the event.

No, you actually cheer for the underdog, Archie, not the malicious giant.

It’s a biblical story, where our pint-sized hero, David, cuts off the beast’s head. You never side with a rich, plastic, bully. Ever.

FA...Football Australia? No. FM... Football Melbourne.
Bookmark this post, but I'm making another call early:

This years' GF is going to be Melbourne City v the Turds. At the MCG.

Melbourne coming out of lockdowns to pack the iconic sporting venue with passionate fans who are the lifeblood of Australian football, the reigning Champions vs. the original Melbourne team who've had an amazing turnaround season after the dreaded wooden spoon and their poor fans having to suffer the awful, awful, horrible indignity of finishing last and not winning any trophies for 3 whole seasons- and now here they both are. A Melbourne derby for the biggest game of the season. What an amazing turnaround. A new chapter in football history: the battle for bragging rights and Melbourne supremacy that will be talked about for years to come and a sure sign that Melbourne is back on the sporting map.

This will be The Narrative (TM, FA, 2022)

booney

Melbourne coming out of lockdowns to pack the iconic sporting venue with passionate fans who are the lifeblood of Australian football, the reigning Champions vs. the original Melbourne team who've had an amazing turnaround season after the dreaded wooden spoon and their poor fans having to suffer the awful, awful, horrible indignity of finishing last and not winning any trophies for 3 whole seasons- and now here they both are. A Melbourne derby for the biggest game of the season. What an amazing turnaround. A new chapter in football history: the battle for bragging rights and Melbourne supremacy that will be talked about for years to come and a sure sign that Melbourne is back on the sporting map.

An early call as you said but a prediction which has a good chance of being accurate.If this does come to pass it will be interesting to see how much notice the AFL obsessed Victorian media will take of this match.

Tevor

I wouldn't be game to say this will not happen. I feel there is a real desire for Popa to win his fist GF as it has alluded him so far. Maybe this MV side with its balance can provide him the chocolates.

Ben10

Echoing some sentiments already noted, but some important things learnt from the game:

- Monty was out coached but he will be better for the experience. No one knows the boys better than him so very easy to judge after the fact. The impacts of covid are telling and disheartening as it's beyond everyone's control.
- Niz into the middle with Oli. I just don't see RT as a CDM, sorry. Niz also will also give us way more going forward and they can both play as box to box 8's (once fully fit). He's done his time as the utility player, play him as a CM or another club just might.
- Kye and Dan were just fantastic, honestly without that pair at the back it could've been 2 or 3 by half time.

Overall great work from the team and all involved, hopefully we get another go at them in the finals and can use this as motivation. Up, up.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Such a shame....?.... (and I'm truly sorry to anyone that enjoys this c**ts contributions (no, couldn't give one f**k)) f**k even I've said that before & nearly everyone else, there's a plethora of forumites that have left and here we are still, imagine if you were here for 4 GF's, watching Kwasnik (the legend) punt it over the southern goals onto the road repeatedly...... see ya.
Geez , harsh much , you don’t like what Dobs says, fkn block him , that way during a drunken tirade you won’t boil over

style_cafe

I was extremely disappointed that the narrative didn`t include anything about the Mariner`s dragging themselves off the bottom of the table and making the Cup final with a team predominantly made up of former Academy player`s.
Not one word about that!
All we got was Archie banging on about MV and getting halfa-chubby in the process.
It was so embarrassing Djite had to interrupt him and say how much he liked the Mariners.... :popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb