• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup Final

booney

I went on the Victory forum earlier today-surprisingly lots of positive comments about our team and not too much boasting.Many of their forumites had Bozanic as MOTM and some even suggested it was unfair that Cummings could not play.

Maybe their more football savvy and fair minded fans use their forum.Many also feel their GK Kevala is a possible weak link.

Tevor

It needs to be said what a great game Dan Hall had.
He played like a seasoned professional.
His defending was first class against very good opposition and some of his tackles were just sensational.
If Miller does go Hall would be the logical replacement with Ruon coming back in, and we still have an incredible backline.
Nigro must have been kicking himself after last nights game,he wasn`t even sighted last night (unless he was injured)... :popcorn:
Nigro was on their bench if I recall.

Tevor

I went on the Victory forum earlier today-surprisingly lots of positive comments about our team and not too much boasting.Many of their forumites had Bozanic as MOTM and some even suggested it was unfair that Cummings could not play.

Maybe their more football savvy and fair minded fans use their forum.Many also feel their GK Kevala is a possible weak link.
Yeah their keeper showed some frailties in the second half and Popa gave him a massive death stare. The commentators picked up on it.

We definitely didn’t disgrace ourselves and were no push overs.

MrCelery

Personally I thought Olly's goal was the best of the match from a technical point of view.

Davidson's was a spot kick under no pressure apart from getting the angles right. There was a gaping hole next to Olly for him to exploit. Which he did with aplomb.

Ikonimidis’ was well hit, but he had a quarter of the field to himself, and ages of time, to set it up. And he only just squeezed it in.

Olly's was under massive pressure, through a jungle of players and involved both feet, with a sublime curling placement with the outside of his left boot. Very difficult to do.

He's a dead-set Mariners legend.

PS. Loved it when on the odd occasion the Yellow Army outsang the Mexicans. Loud and proud on TV!

booney

Personally I thought Olly's goal was the best of the match from a technical point of view.

Davidson's was a spot kick under no pressure apart from getting the angles right. There was a gaping hole next to Olly for him to exploit. Which he did with aplomb.

Ikonimidis’ was well hit, but he had a quarter of the field to himself, and ages of time, to set it up. And he only just squeezed it in.

Olly's was under massive pressure, through a jungle of players and involved both feet, with a sublime curling placement with the outside of his left boot. Very difficult to do.

PS. Loved it when on the odd occasion the Yellow Army outsang the Mexicans. Loud and proud on TV!
Quite right-Olly was under a lot of pressure and had bodies all around him.On the Victory forum some acknowledged the skill involved in his goal.

Wombat

Such a shame....?.... (and I'm truly sorry to anyone that enjoys this c**ts contributions (no, couldn't give one f**k)) f**k even I've said that before & nearly everyone else, there's a plethora of forumites that have left and here we are still, imagine if you were here for 4 GF's, watching Kwasnik (the legend) punt it over the southern goals onto the road repeatedly...... see ya.

Not really acceptable dialogue Scott. Dobbie has been a good contributor. Keep it Civil son.

Wombat

My favourite chant was " Your just a shit North Terrace" to the South Stand.......they didn't like that at all.

marinermick

For anybody that hasn’t seen the replay or post game Davidson said he saw Birraz cheating and covering more middle on Brimmers free kick in the first half and when they got that chance he said let me have this one as he’s doing it again and he caught him out. You can see Birraz move two steps to the left and Davidson hit it right back where Birraz should have been

Such a shame he was the culprit but he will learn from it. You must trust the wall but don’t ever get beaten on your side.

Very clever from Davidson and great insight

Davidson is the best fullback in the league. He pretty much had Nizzy in his pocket all night and a big reason our attack was stunted (no pun intended).

priorpeter

The travelling support was incredible. So many made the effort at short notice and while we could never match the numbers of the north end, we didn’t give up singing. Everyone owes Pete Prior a beer. Again he was the heart and soul of our active support.

Thanks for the kind words Mick, regrettably I will have to decline any beers as I am never drinking again ?

Every single person in the away bays last night was phenomenal - loud and proud. That’s what away days are all about!

marinerbhoy

I haven’t looked through the thread so this has probably already been said, but I want to say a big thanks the Shaun and his team for putting on a cracking day yesterday. So much care and effort was placed into the day just to make sure we had a memorable time. We’re very lucky to have our CEO.

LFCMariners

The bad:

- Didn't win
- Losing to the Turds
- Seeing them get 15k to the final and thinking how we could've got near or maybe even equal to that if the final had been in Gosford
- Never looked like the stronger side at any stage in the game or had the momentum
- Could easily have been awarded a penalty in the second half for Broxham's man-handling in-goal at the free kick, which could've changed momentum had the penalty been scored- but not a peep from the officials about it
- Listening to the commentators crap on about how hard it's been for the Turds and their fans over the past couple of seasons. Good heavens one of the Big 4 has a couple of shit seasons where they don't win anything or even run last- how would the A-League ever survive?

The good:

- Discovering we are a) Bruce's favourite team and b) Tardchie's 2nd team, which makes me dislike him slightly less than I did before. I could even be charitable enough to say that the peroxide hair suits him and makes him look like a playboy tennis superstar, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
- CCM didn't fall in a heap after conceding, and in managed to stay in the contest mathematically for the full 98 minutes of play
- The away bay, solid support and were audible at least once in one of the loudest away venues in the league
- Lost to a better team and we can't blame a moment of madness, a comical error from our players or a refereeing blunder for failing to hoist the trophy at the end
- The team (again) showed a resilience that went missing for nearly a decade, and was a key characteristic of that successful Mariners culture we saw time and again between 2005 and when Arnie left
- If the Turds finish in the top two (looks likely at this early stage of the season) then we'll get Asian football anyway
- The squad can take a lot out of last night in terms of belief that they can match it with anybody in the league on their day. There will be games where CCM have momentum in their favour or are out-playing an opponent like the Turds and with the attitude we saw last night, it should pay off in terms of goals and converting L's or D's to W's
- Of the 4 Finals CCM have lost, the F3Debacle of 2008 was easily the worst and irks me to this day for several reasons, followed by Orange Sunday Volume 1 (so frustrating considering how good Brisbane were that season). Yet last night is arguably the least disappointing.

See you all soon as we look towards a crowded fixture list this month!

dibo

They were brought in following the Thierry Henry handball vs Ireland - what's the f**king point of them if they're not even able to advise on infringements?

Also, they're in the wrong corner - they should be on the left side to monitor the goal line on the other side of the goal from the AR.

Pointless, poorly thought through waste of a uniform.

FFC Mariner

The bad:

- Didn't win
- Losing to the Turds
- Seeing them get 15k to the final and thinking how we could've got near or maybe even equal to that if the final had been in Gosford
- Never looked like the stronger side at any stage in the game or had the momentum
- Could easily have been awarded a penalty in the second half for Broxham's man-handling in-goal at the free kick, which could've changed momentum had the penalty been scored- but not a peep from the officials about it
- Listening to the commentators crap on about how hard it's been for the Turds and their fans over the past couple of seasons. Good heavens one of the Big 4 has a couple of shit seasons where they don't win anything or even run last- how would the A-League ever survive?

The good:

- Discovering we are a) Bruce's favourite team and b) Tardchie's 2nd team, which makes me dislike him slightly less than I did before. I could even be charitable enough to say that the peroxide hair suits him and makes him look like a playboy tennis superstar, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
- CCM didn't fall in a heap after conceding, and in managed to stay in the contest mathematically for the full 98 minutes of play
- The away bay, solid support and were audible at least once in one of the loudest away venues in the league
- Lost to a better team and we can't blame a moment of madness, a comical error from our players or a refereeing blunder for failing to hoist the trophy at the end
- The team (again) showed a resilience that went missing for nearly a decade, and was a key characteristic of that successful Mariners culture we saw time and again between 2005 and when Arnie left
- If the Turds finish in the top two (looks likely at this early stage of the season) then we'll get Asian football anyway
- The squad can take a lot out of last night in terms of belief that they can match it with anybody in the league on their day. There will be games where CCM have momentum in their favour or are out-playing an opponent like the Turds and with the attitude we saw last night, it should pay off in terms of goals and converting L's or D's to W's
- Of the 4 Finals CCM have lost, the F3Debacle of 2008 was easily the worst and irks me to this day for several reasons, followed by Orange Sunday Volume 1 (so frustrating considering how good Brisbane were that season). Yet last night is arguably the least disappointing.

See you all soon as we look towards a crowded fixture list this month!
Correction, 3 losing finals (SFC, Scum and last night) - our very first interstate final too :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred