• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup Final

Shaun Mielekamp

Morning everyone

At 11am today there will be a draw to see who hosts the cup final.

Many of you may have seen the recent media and requirement for the club to bid for the rights. In all fairness I am comfortable with this decision so that the final is a fair and equitable as it can be, especially considering there could be an Asian Champions league qualification slot as the prize.

Just to clarify why we had to submit a bid. The FA has the right to determine where the cup final is to be held. If there was a significant reason that one venue option stood out more than others then the FA had the opportunity to simply declare the preferred location. This could have resulted in what many had predicted would mean if Victory wins then the final goes to Melbourne. Whilst there was a chance that we were able to secure the final without a draw the FA confirmed today that it will be a draw. I hope this all makes sense for everyone.

If Melbourne is drawn out as the host location and Wellington win then the FA has decided that the final will be played in Gosford.

Here is the press release that has just gone out from the FA:

LIVE DRAW TO DECIDE FFA CUP FINAL 2021
HOST CITY
A live draw will be conducted at 11am AEDT on Thursday, 27 January to determine
the host city for the FFA Cup Final 2021.
Central Coast Mariners became the first side to qualify for the Final last week when they defeated
Sydney FC 1-0, while the second spot will be decided this Saturday when Melbourne Victory face
Wellington Phoenix in Geelong.
The venue for the Final is down to two locations - Gosford or Melbourne - with Phoenix unable to
host the decider if they are victorious in their Semi Final.
There is also an added incentive to win the FFA Cup 2021, with a play-off spot in the AFC Asian
Champions League on the line.
The three possible scenarios for the host city are:
• If Gosford is drawn, then the FFA Cup Final will go to Gosford.
• If Melbourne is drawn, then the FFA Cup Final will go to Melbourne on the condition
that Melbourne Victory beat Wellington Phoenix.
• If Melbourne is drawn, and Melbourne Victory lose to Wellington Phoenix, then the final
will be played in Gosford.
You can watch the live draw via the official My Football YouTube channel.
Details for the FFA Cup Final 2021 host city draw:
Date: Thursday, 27 January 2022
Time: Approximately 11am AEDT
How to watch: LIVE on My Football YouTube

Rising Sun

Morning everyone

At 11am today there will be a draw to see who hosts the cup final.

Many of you may have seen the recent media and requirement for the club to bid for the rights. In all fairness I am comfortable with this decision so that the final is a fair and equitable as it can be, especially considering there could be an Asian Champions league qualification slot as the prize.

Just to clarify why we had to submit a bid. The FA has the right to determine where the cup final is to be held. If there was a significant reason that one venue option stood out more than others then the FA had the opportunity to simply declare the preferred location. This could have resulted in what many had predicted would mean if Victory wins then the final goes to Melbourne. Whilst there was a chance that we were able to secure the final without a draw the FA confirmed today that it will be a draw. I hope this all makes sense for everyone.

If Melbourne is drawn out as the host location and Wellington win then the FA has decided that the final will be played in Gosford.

Here is the press release that has just gone out from the FA:

LIVE DRAW TO DECIDE FFA CUP FINAL 2021
HOST CITY
A live draw will be conducted at 11am AEDT on Thursday, 27 January to determine
the host city for the FFA Cup Final 2021.
Central Coast Mariners became the first side to qualify for the Final last week when they defeated
Sydney FC 1-0, while the second spot will be decided this Saturday when Melbourne Victory face
Wellington Phoenix in Geelong.
The venue for the Final is down to two locations - Gosford or Melbourne - with Phoenix unable to
host the decider if they are victorious in their Semi Final.
There is also an added incentive to win the FFA Cup 2021, with a play-off spot in the AFC Asian
Champions League on the line.
The three possible scenarios for the host city are:
• If Gosford is drawn, then the FFA Cup Final will go to Gosford.
• If Melbourne is drawn, then the FFA Cup Final will go to Melbourne on the condition
that Melbourne Victory beat Wellington Phoenix.
• If Melbourne is drawn, and Melbourne Victory lose to Wellington Phoenix, then the final
will be played in Gosford.
You can watch the live draw via the official My Football YouTube channel.
Details for the FFA Cup Final 2021 host city draw:
Date: Thursday, 27 January 2022
Time: Approximately 11am AEDT
How to watch: LIVE on My Football YouTube
I am assuming that the only thing preventing the naming of the date is the risk of covid cancellation of the 2nd semi? I.e. if that game goes ahead this Saturday then the final will be the following Saturday Feb 5th?

dibo

If you rate Wellington and Victory as even chances to progress. Wellington getting a win gives me a little hope but I still think Victory will be the favorite. Would be amazing going in to the final knowing we've wrapped up an ACL spot and home final so obviously I'm all in on the nix.
Not quite - it'd be a 2/3 chance if Wellington has a 1/3 chance of beating Victory.

If we get Gosford out of the hat it's 100% in Gosford, and there's a 50% chance of that (assuming nobody mucking around with balls in the freezer or under a hair dryer, etc.).

the remaining 16.67% chance would be if you think Wellington's got a 1/3 chance of beating Victory (33% of the remaining 50%).

#maths

adz

Staff member
balls in the freezer or under a hair dryer

giphy.gif

marinerbhoy

Well it’s the result we all knew would happen. It will be incredibly risky to book flights when games are postponed so easily at the last minute. Well done FA. I am seriously questioning the validity of all of this.
*yes I understand it can still be in Gosford, but I can’t see a Wellington win, and neither can FA IMO.

Tevor

perfect winning record away from home though, could be a good thing! Also, up the Nix anyway!
We play rubbish in Melbourne, probably more than 10 years since a win down there against anyone. I can see our ACL spot and trophy chance slipping away. With sick players we needed to be at home IMO for that bit of advantage.

Yorkshire Mariners FC

I think we are all still scared from having the grand final hosting rights taken away from us at the last moment circa season 3. Plus our lack of FA cup home games of any description. It will be a tall order now.

Rising Sun

It will be incredibly risky to book flights when games are postponed so easily at the last minute.
Good point. But given that it sounds like this will be a channel 10 game and with a fair amount of promotion around it, I suspect FA may put a high bar on what is required for a postponement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred