• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup 2019

Ancient Mariner

People are starting to notice Silvera. Time to sign him for a few more years. If we wait til the end of the year we will not be able to afford him.

Wombat

The lot of the Coastie’s should be made to fkn walk home after taking 93+ mins to beat a pack of part timers who haven’t played for a fortnight ...although to be fair Hume didn’t do bad

Hume were awesome. Thats the best NPL team I have seen. We were clearly better but we still need to work on alot of things.

Wombat

I wonder if we will hear anything about the dumb "wogboys" throwing bottles at the Mariners players as they came of the park.
Disgraceful scenes.

Ancient Mariner

We look toothless with Matty up front.
Majok is a liability.
Murray at least plays like a striker and is the best of the three in that position.
I would prefer Nisbet as a DM if Kim is not available.

We are starting from a very low base and it is still pre season. We still have a fair way to go. Train wrecks are not fixed in 5 minutes.

Oar, Silvera and DDS will be the attack and hopefully they will develop better understanding with more time together and, more hopefully, we can find a finisher to link with them.

Wombat

We look toothless with Matty up front.
Majok is a liability.
Murray at least plays like a striker and is the best of the three in that position.
I would prefer Nisbet as a DM if Kim is not available.

We are starting from a very low base and it is still pre season. We still have a fair way to go. Train wrecks are not fixed in 5 minutes.

Oar, Silvera and DDS will be the attack and hopefully they will develop better understanding with more time together and, more hopefully, we can find a finisher to link with them.

I thought Stensness was pretty good.

I didnt think Matty or DDS were very good but everyone else was reasonable.

I probably enjoyed the performance of Fox and Silvera the most.

Ancient Mariner

I thought Stensness was pretty good.

I didnt think Matty or DDS were very good but everyone else was reasonable.

I probably enjoyed the performance of Fox and Silvera the most.

The defence is improving, we did look more comfortable at the back tonight. Rowles and Fox look to be the probable starters for me at this stage.

MagpieMariner

We've now equaled the number of wins we got last season.
I was thinking we should have won more easily, then I remembered Hume are not only a good team but they've just finished a full season, whereas we are close to a brand new team just into our preseason.

turbo

Just got finished watching my recording so I’m behind the thread and didn’t catch up yet. My thoughts:
- Terrible and inconsistent officiating, they were allowed to hack us all night and I think we ended up with more yellows. Wtf. That said very lucky Majok didn’t get sent off. And their almost penalty didn’t attract a yellow but ours did? Which brings me to..
- Majok didn’t look dangerous, almost gave a penalty and red card in seperate incidents. Lucky redemption in the goal but he has a long way to go.
- Simon, if the Brisbane game showed his strengths this one highlighted his weaknesses. Should have had 2-3 in the first 20ish minutes and put the game to bed. Could have easily had 4 tonight but ended up with none. Murray did more and got involved more in his first 5 minutes and unlucky not to get an assist when DDS missed.

Overall I liked a lot of what I saw tonight despite the lack of finishing. Our attack looks genuinely interesting to watch for once and Oar, DDS, Duric, Silvera all look great across the 4. The defending looked overall pretty composed even though the faces are still changing regularly at the moment.

Can we extend Oar and Silvera’s contracts now please?

Forum Phoenix

Alms is a coward. Scared of the Turk crowd so let them hack us all night. Pathetic officiating. Crowd behaviour was very poor also. Terrible sportsmanship. Glad we beat them.

That starting 11 hasn't played many minutes together and it showed imo.

Duric is still very hot and cold. That early turn at the top of the box was quality and I think if we can bring out his best he may be awesome for us this year... but honestly, I think Nisbet would have done better for us tonight.

DDS does some great work but was awful in front of goals, he should of had a hatrick.

Oar played well. but should also have scored. Why he doesn't go across the keeper on that break is beyond me. Our best attackers really are making some poor decisions.

Matty was ineffective.

Murray looked more assured than our other forwards.

Fox and Rowles were very solid.

Silvera needs to be brought central and given permission to run the play, when he's central and linking play he was exactly what we need. Until then our transition and link play was very disjointed. Like no one has a clue most of the time. Sign him on a long term deal now please, the quality is clear. (We should bang on about this at Shaun in the CCM fans and the club thread.)

We need to sign another striker.

Hume are a good side who know each other. But we started to run over them second half. Like Mick said, I think it was the fitness required for the pace of that game showing through. That's the one area I'm very happy with where we're at. Defence looking reasonably solid too, though Ziggy had some stumbles. But our mids and forwards still need work. But I think Kim will make a big difference to the midfield once he's back. (what's wrong with him?)

However, it's bloody great to be going into the semi's of the cup and helping give our pre season a level of focus and subsequent team bonding can only help.

Michael

Yeah I didn’t want to get political lastnight after the bottle throwing, because overal our migrant created clubs should be celebrated.
But f**k me! 95% of their supporters instantly take it as an excuse to cover their faces and player gangster hooligan for a couple hours. What a bunch of plebs.
As soon as I saw the Turkish flag on my screen followed up by face covered bum bag around the shoulder wearing 20 somethings I knew something would happen in some capacity, surprised the camera caught it.
Will be shocked if anything is made of it in the media or by FFA.
The club should 100% be doing something about it.

Ozhammer

Yeah I didn’t want to get political lastnight after the bottle throwing, because overal our migrant created clubs should be celebrated.
But f**k me! 95% of their supporters instantly take it as an excuse to cover their faces and player gangster hooligan for a couple hours. What a bunch of plebs.
As soon as I saw the Turkish flag on my screen followed up by face covered bum bag around the shoulder wearing 20 somethings I knew something would happen in some capacity, surprised the camera caught it.
Will be shocked if anything is made of it in the media or by FFA.
The club should 100% be doing something about it.
Bang on Mick, there is no place for crap like that in the modern game and it just goes to prove why the FFA were right to take great care in eliminating the ethnicity aspect when establishing the HAL.

There are a number of NPL clubs that trade on their roots and whilst the history of the game here in Aus needs to be acknowledged, it can never be an excuse for the sort of behaviour we saw last night. I personally wouldn’t feel safe going to a game with fans who behaved like Hume’s ultras did after the final whistle. Hume need to show some character by assisting the FFA in dealing harshly with any fan proved to be involved in those disgraceful scenes.

On top of that, it is such a shame that Hume’s efforts on the pitch last night are likely to be overshadowed by the behaviour of a small part of its fan base.

AuzDutchy

It seemed to me that Staj had swapped Oar and DDS, playing DDS on the wide left and Oar more centrally as a 10.

My question is why ? why swap a classic winger with a classic 10 ? you could see it wasnt working and whenever DDS got on the ball he made stuff happen with his excellent passing range

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I have to ask how many of those Hume quasi hools show up at regular season home games?, probably none ...I reckon their just like the scummers on derby day at Gosford , all of a sudden the jets fan base doubles.... maybe the FFA or Hume can pick out some faces from Fox sports video, either way that behavior is just f**ked, stripping Hume of points sucks BUT the FFA has to do something about this shit , if they’ll step on people waving flags and chanting at normal HAL games, they better do something about bottle chucking
.....either way ,I remember when Broadmeadow was all sharpies and Chopper Read

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred