• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Feb 10 v Curriculum FC

Avoca

Still proud of the boys. Credit to the Cows, who had a couple of freakishly decent goals.

Corsair

That’s being very picky and specific, I don’t rate roux at all but you cannot hear anyone shout time. As a defender safety first. What would you say if he had no call and brought the ball down only to be robbed of and we concede?
We've stepped up this season, the whole back line is quality and he's NPL. Sorry that's my opinion.

Ancient Mariner

The squad is obviously still recovering, but are getting back to playing some good football.
I thought there were some good unexpected positives from tonights game as well as a couple of worrying points.
I will post more when I get a chance to watch the replay. Probably on the weekend before Sunday.
Still looking forward to a bright future.

Kilsin

I'm going to need therapy after that game...glad to get something out of it but should have won! So many missed chances...great to see lot's of attacking football from the boys though, and loved Muller!

On to Sunday where I can cheer them on in person, need a big game and 3 points! COYY

scoober

We've stepped up this season, the whole back line is quality and he's NPL. Sorry that's my opinion.
I agree he wouldn’t get an npl contract but to put the blame on him is ridiculous.
I don’t see you blaming bozanic for the first goal where he headed the ball to the top centre of the box instead of out wide?
I don’t see you blaming Farrell for the second goal by heading down not up?
So I get your opinion but it has no context to the whole game.

Ironbark

Gotta say - and obviously I'd rather we'd won and believe we deserved to - I was pretty pleased with that performance.

There are errors now that we weren't making before the covid disruption.
We also have some new player combinations and the building presence of our strongest players.

What I was pleased with was the fight. This is a team of players who back and fight for each other, 2-0 down or otherwise.

Felt the quality was in there too and the team flow was good in patches. Once we're rolling properly again there's a damn good team there

Ancient Mariner

Farrell made some mistakes but he had some excellent well above his years moments too
No arguments. All young players will make mistakes as they step up a level. I was just making the point that Storm was not alone in making a mistake in what was otherwise a satisfactory performance.
The time given early to young players on the field in this comp will be more valuable than sitting on the bench until they are "ready". Look at how Rowles has developed. He used to make mistakes.
There are a quite a few in this squad who will definitely go on to rep. No worries.
I am starting to find watching them develop more satisfying than expensively bought silverware.
I wouldn't be anywhere else.

Kilsin

There you go, we have copped four world class goals in two games.
I was just joking to a mate about that and if that's what teams need to produce to get past us or even grab a draw then we're in a good place. Looking forward to the team getting more minutes in their legs and finding good connections on the field with each other, hopefully, lots more good things to come!

Ironbark

No arguments. All young players will make mistakes as they step up a level. I was just making the point that Storm was not alone in making a mistake in what was otherwise a satisfactory performance.
The time given early to young players on the field in this comp will be more valuable than sitting on the bench until they are "ready". Look at how Rowles has developed. He used to make mistakes.
There are a quite a few in this squad who will definitely go on to rep. No worries.
I am starting to find watching them develop more satisfying than expensively bought silverware.
I wouldn't be anywhere else.
Totally agree

booney

Strange game.We looked the better team for most of the game,more creative and some excellent passing moves in the second half.Going down 2 nil from set pieces in the first half when we had dominated seemed wrong to me but that volley for the first goal was a cracker.

Young Farrell had a mixed first half-silly fouls and poor positioning -but had a much better second half.Miller terrorised their defence with his strong runs and is a big improver.

Cummings worked hard and will score quite a few goals as he becomes acclimatised.Muller looked very good and nearly scored a worldie.Nkololo did some good things in attack but was slow to react when the ball came to Noone but he is not a defender so can be cut some slack( Birra did give him a mouthful).Noone probably would not be able to reproduce that shot if he attempted it fifty times but there you go.

The two penalties appeared to be justified and well well taken by Ollie and Moresche.However I did feel deflated that we only got one point after some very good play from our team.The Bulls were physical but to their credit came to play .

Wombat

Honestly you could criticise Farrell for giving away the free kick that lead to the Oar goal for the same reason, (because to me it looked like a pretty silly foul). Again, luck just wasn't on our side. Not Storm's fault we lost.
You could. It was silly BUT when you are a tackler (and Farrell is one of the best we have) you sometimes get it wrong, but the player was heading away from goal so it wasn't smart. It was actually probably Faz's worst game for us by some distance but he still did some excellent things.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred