• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Favourite City that you've been to

serious14

Right, I know we're a well travelled bunch on here, so time to ask, what's your favourite city that you've been to??  Australian or overseas, whichever.

For many a reason (history, location, architecture, culture) mine is Rome, closely followed by Shanghai (again, the architecture and layout, the buzz of "omg this city is on the cusp of becoming something amazing, a nearly unbeatable nightlife) and Paris (is Paris the Shanghai of the west, or is Shanghai the Paris of the east??  ;)).

If I had to put an Australian city high up the list, it would be Melbourne by far.

Honorable mentions to Bangkok, Singapore, and New York.

Auburn Mariner

Overseas, San Francisco by miles. Colourful, vibrant, great Public Transport, being there when the Niners qualified for their first Big Dance, Pac Bell Park, cool climate, great restaurants, a casual indifference to the rest of America, Berkeley, Stanford, San Marin County, open-minded.

In this country, geez, Melbourne by a nose over Perth.

Worst place I have been to, easy, the City of Angels. Smog-blanketed hovel.

Bear

I know its not a city as such, but the birthplace of William Shakespeare, Stratford-upon-Avon. Most amazing place on earth. If we are talking proper citys, from the eyes of a 10 year old boy in his 1st trip overseas, cant go past London.

~Floss~

Hmmm... maybe not my favourite overall, but the first one to pop into my head. (I may add more later):

Las Vegas: only bearable in small doses, but it's a complete sensory overload, and if you laugh at some of the crazy s**t that "could only happen in america" you just walk around shaking your head.

ryan

Having not travelled as much as I would like I would say Queenstown NZ. Brilliant party town and so much to do to get the adrenalin pumping.

marinermick

In this order:
1. Barcalona - vibrant, amazing buildings (gaudi!), neucamp, paella, food, food and food
2. Athens - cheap, unbelievable history, cradle of democracy, great food and very hot women
3. Paris - so enchanting, well laid out, art everywhere and a surprise around every corner
4. Mumbai - chaotic, busy, smelly, noisy, full of pollution but thoroughly engrossing
5. Florence - food and art, art and food, food and art

Part_Timer

altho its not a city, a town as great as this place deserves to be on the list

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blair

Vienna for mine its not a huge Australian place to go in Europe but is so nice i would live there its musicly rich in culture and history is every were you may not no but Austria was once the biggest empire in Europe with help of Hungry.
:thumbup: Thumbs up for Vienna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kareem

in australia - Melbourne- been there 4 times, I just love it- so vibrant
In travelling the world I have been to
Cairo x 2 + Hurghdada (Egypt), Jeddah + Makkah (Saudi Arabia), Singapore (only the airport lol), Dubai (UAE)
in terms of just sheer awesomness and lifestyle
DUBAI

Holiday destination
Cairo

Religious
Makkah- went there whilst visiting family in Jedda- not at Hajj time (which was this week)- but still pretty amazing

Beaches + Coral Reefs
Hurghdada- lol has nothing on the barrier reef according to my dad but I have never been to another coral reef so I cant comment

All this by the age of 13
lol my life is kinda dull last 5 years :p

Auburn Mariner

Kareem,

Interesting you mention Makkah. Muslim colleagues of mine have been to BOTH Makkah & Medina and reckon that Medina runs rings around Makkah. The photos they have shown me of the Hajj in both places are quite unbelievable, my Paki mate has a night-time photo of Medina and it looks spectacular.

And no, I am not joking or taking the piss.

Auburn Mariner

Dubbo is a lot of fun, but it has serious racial problems, especially in West Dubbo. NSW country towns west of the Great Divide that are worth visiting are Armidale, Orange, Tumut & the Blowering Valley, the Murray Valley Golf tour from Corowa-Moama.

Kareem

Auburn Mariner said:
Kareem,

Interesting you mention Makkah. Muslim colleagues of mine have been to BOTH Makkah & Medina and reckon that Medina runs rings around Makkah. The photos they have shown me of the Hajj in both places are quite unbelievable, my Paki mate has a night-time photo of Medina and it looks spectacular.

And no, I am not joking or taking the piss.
i was 6
so I dont remember much of the visit
I dont at all remember Jeddah (except getting a birthday present- a toy plane :D)

I remember Makkah- the night time, the traffic, losing my sandals, being there with my grandfather once, and my uncle the 2nd time (went 2 times in the 2 weeks I was in Saudi Arabia)

Only thing I remember of Medina- my mum saying "this is where the Prophet (PBUH) is buried. I actually cant remember seeing anything

My mum, uncle, grandfather, your muslim colleagues are all better judges than me as they actually can remember lol

my 13 year old visit was egypt + dubai only (6 year old was saudia arabia + Egypt)

northernspirit

mines not so much a city but it was such a pristine spot i cant think of anything else that compares.. london / berlin / rome etc didnt impress me as much as heidelberg

loyalist

Auburn Mariner said:
Dubbo is a lot of fun, but it has serious racial problems, especially in West Dubbo. NSW country towns west of the Great Divide that are worth visiting are Armidale, Orange, Tumut & the Blowering Valley, the Murray Valley Golf tour from Corowa-Moama.
Incorrect. None of those have large golden guitars which symbolises true greatness

bulldogmariner

Munich closely followed by London as fav World City.
Swiss Alps as fav place closely followed by Scottish highlands
Fav place in Oz is Sydney and Sunshine Coast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred