• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Favourite city that you haven't been to.

adz

Staff member
Right, I know we're a well travelled bunch on here, so time to ask, what's your favourite city that you haven't been to??  Australian or overseas, whichever.

For many a reason (history, location, architecture, culture) mine is Gotham City. I reckon that you could make a handy living as a petty criminal in Gotham. Batman is only interested in the hard core crims so that's keeping him busy, but you could probably get away with a bit as long as you stay under his radar.

Honorable mentions to Bangkok, Singapore, and New York. Same reasons as above.

marinermick

for me it must be the whole planet that is a city in star wars (cannot remember the name)

or Rizer, the pleasure planet, on star trek

FFC Mariner

Buenos Aires

Boca v River Plate local derby. The English newspaper The Observer put the Superclsico at the top of their list of 50 sporting things you must do before you die.

Redline

northernspirit said:
marinermick said:
for me it must be the whole planet that is a city in star wars (cannot remember the name)

its called corosont... id go with that too

It's actually called Coruscant. *rolls eyes at these non-geeks who can't get a planets name right * :lol:

I'd actually have to go with Sparta. Incredible culture.

marinermick

Countryhick said:
northernspirit said:
marinermick said:

its called corosont... id go with that too

It's actually called Coruscant. *rolls eyes at these non-geeks who can't get a planets name right * :lol:

I'd actually have to go with Sparta. Incredible culture.

there is actually nothing at the town of sparta

it is more southern greece where you have places like myceane, naphlao and olympia where there are cool places

marinermick

Countryhick said:
That's why it's a city that I haven't been to. Cause there's nothing there.

don't worry, i went to sparta for the same reason and was disappointed

they have the leonidis statue in the north in thermopalye (sic) but that is all that is there as well

Redline

Did anyone else see the show a few weeks ago "Life after people"? It said that the longest surving man made structures were the Great Pyramid of Cheops, which would survive long enough to be covered in sand drifts.

I'd love to go to New New York and see Fry and Leela and Bender lol

skilbeck

Constantinople in the reign of Justinian, or cordoba under the umayyads, almohads or alromavids (sic), maybe babylon when the hanging gardens existed.

why no mentions of mogadishu :p

FFC Mariner

skilbeck said:
Constantinople in the reign of Justinian, or cordoba under the umayyads, almohads or alromavids (sic), maybe babylon when the hanging gardens existed.

why no mentions of mogadishu :p

Mogadishu is Boxing Day mate.

FFC Mariner

skilbeck said:
nope mogadishu actually looks like a nice place compared to newcastle

mogadishu.jpe

Correct, this pic of Hunter St in Newcastle does look a bit ordinary doesnt it?

Paolo

Tamworth....have heard great things and would like to witness a Mushies game live. Also the giant golden guitar to emphasis the cities awesomeness interests me

Redline

keensy said:
Tamworth....have heard great things and would like to witness a Mushies game live. Also the giant golden guitar to emphasis the cities awesomeness interests me

The Mushies are a great team, though not as good as they used to be all reports. Though he would like to be able to deny it, I know for a fact that Serious is from there. Yee ha!

Paolo

Countryhick said:
keensy said:

The Mushies are a great team, though not as good as they used to be all reports. Though he would like to be able to deny it, I know for a fact that Serious is from there. Yee ha!
The following picture disagrees....Northern Inland Premier League Champions ole!

The mushies also have a talented young player and famous forumite playing for them
mushiesfi7.jpg

p.s serious being from Tamworth is a negative...

Redline

He may not have been born there, but the majority of his life has been lived there as far as I am aware.

And thats where I met him...so that alone makes him from Tamworth :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred