• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Fave EPL team

Whats your fave english premier league team

• Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Man Utd

• Everton

• Liverpool

• Chelsea

• Tottenham

• Newcastle

• West ham

• Aston Villa

• Other

• Total voters

Aden

TUFTY-mitchell said:
serious14 said:
TUFTY-mitchell said:
serious14 said:
TUFTY-mitchell said:
and the guy i was watching it with blew up because Eduardo was 'diving'.

Hey!!!   You thought he was diving as well.   Just because we didn't see the replay until half time.  ;)

nooooo, i thought he was diving till i saw the oxygen tank, and Fabregas was a shade of white not seen on the spectrum before.......was a good game but, McFadden penalty and freekick. Remember u picked McFadden to have the most impact on the game, from the prem league site poll...

That seems like yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago.  Faaaark.

Ah well, Man U to do a double of sorts again this season.  Ole!!!!

yeah it does aye, i remember watching that game then Torres vs Middlesbrough(long ball at its ugly best) Blackburn vs CSKA FC Chel$ki Abramograd, then the Superclassico, that was after watching us lose to Sydney 5-4........Blackburn to win a trophy of sorts this year lol a man can dream

i hope blackburn win something aswell  have a soft spotfor the good old rovers. was the first team i ever went for before arsenal. so goodluck wih your season

FFC Mariner

Looks like FFC did their bit to settle down sectarian tensions at the friendly against Celtic.

FOOTBALL star David Healy was slammed yesterday after he mimed playing the flute in front of Celtic fans.

The Northern Ireland striker made the gesture during a friendly game with Fulham in London.

Anti-sectarianism charity Nil By Mouth have called on both clubs to take action after the incident.

But Healy's agent Steve Hughes played down the situation, which he described as "good natured".

Rangers fan Healy, 28, reacted after taunts from Celtic supporters at the game on Saturday.

Healy mimed playing a flute as he warmed up before coming on as a substitute in the second half of the match.

Yesterday, one Celtic fan told how Hoops supporters had been firing chants at the striker.

He said: "The minute Healy appeared on the touchline, he was getting abuse from the Celtic fans.

"Generally, it was the usual kind of stuff you would expect at a football match.

"The next moment, Healy turned round and pretended to play a flute.

"Some of the fans who saw this were absolutely furious and were shouting at the stewards to come over and do something."

But Hughes insisted the atmosphere between the striker and the supporters was good natured.

He said Healy had only pretended to play the flute after he was asked what he had been doing on July 12 - the anniversary of the Battle of the Boyne and one of the main dates for Orange parades.

And he said the former Leeds United player had even signed autographs for fans.

He added: "David says he has got some special Adidas boots made for him to commemorate all his goals for Northern Ireland.

"They have the Northern Ireland flag on the back with the goals on it.

"David was wearing these and was getting a bit of stick from two or three of the fans. I think one of them asked what he was doing on the 12th and if he was playing the flute.

"I think that's when David turned around. But it was all good natured and the lads who were shouting at him actually gave the stewards their programme and he signed it for them."

Celtic yesterday refused to comment on the incident at the game, which they lost 3-1. Fulham were unavailable for comment.

But Nil By Mouth said they want both clubs to look into the incident.

A spokesman added: "We would expect both clubs to act in the circumstances."

A source at the charity said: "We would be keen on seeing more evidence as to exactly what led up to this incident. Obviously, we are completely opposed to anything that could incite sectarianism".

Healy is a life-long Rangers fan and travelled to Manchester in May to watch the UEFA Cup final with his international strike partner and new Ibrox signing Kyle Lafferty.

Healy, who also played for Preston North End, is a regular for Northern Ireland and has scored a record 34 goals for them.

England star Paul Gascoigne was slammed for a flute-playing gesture during his time at Rangers.

He first did it during a pre-season friendly against Steaua Bucharest in 1995 then repeated it against Celtic in 1998.

He was fined 40,000 - and even received death threats.

Arabmariner

Greenpoleffc said:
Looks like FFC did their bit to settle down sectarian tensions at the friendly against Celtic.

FOOTBALL star David Healy was slammed yesterday after he mimed playing the flute in front of Celtic fans.

The Northern Ireland striker made the gesture during a friendly game with Fulham in London.

Anti-sectarianism charity Nil By Mouth have called on both clubs to take action after the incident.

But Healy's agent Steve Hughes played down the situation, which he described as "good natured".

Rangers fan Healy, 28, reacted after taunts from Celtic supporters at the game on Saturday.

Healy mimed playing a flute as he warmed up before coming on as a substitute in the second half of the match.

Yesterday, one Celtic fan told how Hoops supporters had been firing chants at the striker.

He said: "The minute Healy appeared on the touchline, he was getting abuse from the Celtic fans.

"Generally, it was the usual kind of stuff you would expect at a football match.

"Some of the fans who saw this were absolutely furious and were shouting at the stewards to come over and do something."

But Hughes insisted the atmosphere between the striker and the supporters was good natured.

He said Healy had only pretended to play the flute after he was asked what he had been doing on July 12 - the anniversary of the Battle of the Boyne and one of the main dates for Orange parades.

He added: "David says he has got some special Adidas boots made for him to commemorate all his goals for Northern Ireland.

"David was wearing these and was getting a bit of stick from two or three of the fans. I think one of them asked what he was doing on the 12th and if he was playing the flute.

"I think that's when David turned around. But it was all good natured and the lads who were shouting at him actually gave the stewards their programme and he signed it for them."

Celtic yesterday refused to comment on the incident at the game, which they lost 3-1. Fulham were unavailable for comment.

A source at the charity said: "We would be keen on seeing more evidence as to exactly what led up to this incident. Obviously, we are completely opposed to anything that could incite sectarianism".

Healy is a life-long Rangers fan and travelled to Manchester in May to watch the UEFA Cup final with his international strike partner and new Ibrox signing Kyle Lafferty.

Healy, who also played for Preston North End, is a regular for Northern Ireland and has scored a record 34 goals for them.

England star Paul Gascoigne was slammed for a flute-playing gesture during his time at Rangers.

He first did it during a pre-season friendly against Steaua Bucharest in 1995 then repeated it against Celtic in 1998.

It was old and it was beautiful..............! :innocent:

Teddy Bear

Greenpoleffc said:

And queue the skillmeister's favourite topic. The polite discussion of fenians being better than huns etc etc :p 

Blackadder

Pfft EPL just for overpaid Primadonas  :vomit:

Coca-Cola Championship on the other hand  ;D

Queens Park Rangers...go you Supa Hoops  8)

Arabmariner

Blackadder said:

QPR eh? I remember them when they were a good team in the old 1st Div....Gerry Francis etc.
Unfortunately for anyone round here to care they will need to get into the top 3 or 4 in the premier league and then you'll find you have lots of new buddys who have supported them all their lives even though they've never seen them.......!!! ;)

Power to the wee teams. ;D

Blackadder

Ahhh memories of the Glory days of 1st division football.
Made myself the promise when the mighty hoops return to the now EPL, will be getting myself off to Loftus Road :D
Supporting a team through the tough times, just makes the good all that much Sweeter :)

Arabmariner

Blackadder said:
Supporting a team through the tough times, just makes the good all that much Sweeter :)
Bloody right it does!

I'm still celebrating DUFC winning the league in 1983!! :eek:verhead:

"Supporters"............of these big club$ would not understand! ::)

*he swerves to avoid the spittle in the torrent of abuse coming his way* ;)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
QPR.....I vaguely remember them showing up on the match of the round 2nd half deal that the ABC had going sometime late last century ( late 60's/early 70's)...and one of their blokes, might have been gerry francis actually, had the longest throw in i'd ever seen....mind you i was 8 y/o..what did i know...LOL

having said that.......
GLORY, GLORY, MAN UNITED, GLORY, GLORY, MAN UNITED!!!!!!!

FFC Mariner

Joey Barton: "The first day's the toughest, no doubt about it. They march you in, hand you your uniform and force you to pose for the photographer while loads of fat, tattooed, skinheads shout abuse at you. That's when you know it's for real. A whole life blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it. That's when it hits home. That's when you realise you've signed for Newcastle."

Mariner Girl

Blackadder said:

So, what do you do if they are promoted - overpaid primadonas LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred