• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Emo-haters

ballantyne

You guys grizzling about emos really crack me up. Particularly those who quote Half Man Half Biscuit in their signature. What you really mean is "young people". Depending on the era, you could substitute hippies, punks, sharpies, mods. What you're really saying is you've forgotten what it was like to be 20, but you can remember the lyrics.
Wake up guys, you sound like your dads!
Jonathan (age 43)

brett

It's true, the word emo in our standard use of it could be traded with many things. More accurate than 'young people' would be 'non-participators'.

There ARE some cracking stereotypical emos in the Bay. But really it has just developed into the term used for those who don't join in.

I don't think anyone uses it too specifically or takes it too seriously. I'm happy with the term.

Brett (age 21)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
this would be the "non-participating young people " who clog up the bay, madly texting their friends 4 seats away and completely ignoring the action on the field...those young people?

a complete waste of ticket money if i ever saw one.

:vhappy: RECKY (45)  :thumbup:

FFC Mariner

Waste of ticket money??

Waste of oxygen more like, they would be far more at home at Erina Fair dressing like all their friends so they can express their individuality.

Thurbs (very late 30's).............like 15 years late lolol

skilbeck

Ive got no concern with emos turning up to the game just to occupy seats. They are only wasting their own money and make our attendances look good. The problem is they occupy the bay and dont stand up or join in on the chants. My friends and I have made a point of occupying the front few rows in the Wellington game in order to "force" the people behind me stand up for instance. The problem is also going to be massive when we start selling out games and its really becomes competitive to get tickets, and if emos deny proper football fans as well as new converts to the game decent seating this would be bad for the game and bad for the mariners

Skilbeck (22)

dibo

ballantyne said:
You guys grizzling about emos really crack me up. Particularly those who quote Half Man Half Biscuit in their signature. What you really mean is "young people". Depending on the era, you could substitute hippies, punks, sharpies, mods. What you're really saying is you've forgotten what it was like to be 20, but you can remember the lyrics.
Wake up guys, you sound like your dads!
Jonathan (age 43)

i'm the one quoting HMHB (mostly because it's a great song title), and i've no problem with emos per se (everyone's 15 once) and i'm not sure where i've singled out emos myself.

i do have a problem with people hanging out in bay 16 and doing nothing.

for the forum generally, the word 'emo' has in a way become a placeholder or substitute for 'non participating waste of space' because it's much easier to type. too many of them wear bad t-shirts and stovepipe jeans to matches and stand around doing nothing, that's the problem.

if they wore yellow and participated then they could listen to any old rubbish and write appallingly bad poetry and i wouldn't give a shit.

aaron (age 27) :piralaugh:

adz

Staff member
We should embrace the emos and sing some stuff that maybe they will join in with

http://youtube.com/watch?v=32DvD7DBS3M

Adz (age 8 + 3/4)

brett

Adz, I have a better fringe than the gents from Linkin Park.

Try this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1-AYhozNbao

adz

Staff member
grate stuff

image.gif

what about a chant from this emO.C. classic

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SiO_7LhPZFM&feature=related

FFC Mariner

forzamariners said:
imho they are just the new breed of casuals

forza (18)

As an ex casual, thats just bollocks  :). Casuals were first and foremost the youth culture of the day that sprang out of football. The game was massive for us.

:soapbox:

Sacko

Casuals wore casuals so they could blend in with the weekend shoppers on away trips before smashing the home team's firm in their own pub (allegedly). Although when you went up north it was obvious that you were from a London firm as the locals were all dressed like pikeys!

Bear

Sacko said:
Casuals wore casuals so they could blend in with the weekend shoppers on away trips before smashing the home team's firm in their own pub (allegedly). Although when you went up north it was obvious that you were from a London firm as the locals were all dressed like pikeys!

Allegedly ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred