• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Dream team

serious14

Kareem said:
I dont know wat gave you the impression that I was saying my team was better than anyone elses

"MIne is best team out there IMO..." - I think that pretty much gave it away.

And is this not a discussion of the merits of said team??  Will you defend the weakness of the left side of your defence, or the current shakiness of Cech??  The general uselessness of Gerrard next to someone as good as Fabregas??  Etc. and so forth......

Kareem

serious14 said:
Kareem said:
MIne is best team out there IMO...

How did your dream goalkeeper go the other night??  How are Terry and Gerrard going at Euro?? How well is Ramos going for Spain??
1) 2 years ago the 3rd best player in the world (ETO'o) missed out on the world cup- was he any worse a player??? NO! (in retailiation to Terry and Gerrard not at EURO's)
2) GK's can have an off day- i can find u some stoppage of most GK's (the good one's anyway) making howlers. But meh- i'm glad Turkey scored anyway :D
3) Ramos is obviously out of form- everyone can see that- it can happen to even the best of players :S

priorpeter

Kareem said:
wat gave you the impression that I was saying my team was better than anyone elses

But Kareem, your team is always the best... Everything about you is always the best... Gosh ain't you just the best!!

it can happen to even the best of players
Even you??  :eek:  :eek: Surely not!!

[/sarcasm]...

Kareem

serious14 said:
Kareem said:
I dont know wat gave you the impression that I was saying my team was better than anyone elses

"MIne is best team out there IMO..." - I think that pretty much gave it away.

And is this not a discussion of the merits of said team??  Will you defend the weakness of the left side of your defence, or the current shakiness of Cech??  The general uselessness of Gerrard next to someone as good as Fabregas??  Etc. and so forth......
1) left side of defence seems fine to me- and before you bring in how Ramos is playing- he aint usually like that and I think everyone can agree that on his day he is one fo the best RB's in world- he is in half the teams on here!
2) Are you joking about Gerrard? You have gotto be? What you dont like Liverpool- neither do I and i still like him, heck I hate Man UTD and I still respect Ronaldo is the World player this year. Gerrard is widely considered to be one of the best midfielder's in the world and add in the presence he has at his club (ie. for the last couple of eyars before Torres came he was LIVERPOOL)- i think he deserves to be considered a worldclass midfielder. The best??? difference of opinion but top 10 midfielder's? Easily!

serious14

Kareem said:
Are you joking about Gerrard? You have gotto be? What you dont like Liverpool- neither do I and i still like him, heck I hate Man UTD and I still respect Ronaldo is the World player this year. Gerrard is widely considered to be one of the best midfielder's in the world and add in the presence he has at his club (ie. for the last couple of eyars before Torres came he was LIVERPOOL)- i think he deserves to be considered a worldclass midfielder. The best??? difference of opinion but top 10 midfielder's? Easily!

No you git, read what I said.  I think Gerrard is a fine player, but I said "the general uselessness of Gerrard next to someone as good as Fabregas".  When Gerrard is deployed next to someone as good or better than him, then he suffers big time.  Look at what happens when both Lampard and Gerrard play together for England.......

Bear

*insert 72 pages of kareem backing every comment he makes with a story about why he made the previous comment*

Yawn, f**k im tired

tuftman

atm the side i would have              Casillas
                    Dani Alves      Nesta            Vidic          Lahm

Frings                  Pirlo

C.Ronaldo              Kaka                      Ribery

Ibrahimovic

Casillas is the form gk atm, Dani alves is class Nesta and Vidic are in the top echelon of CB's,Lahm is there as much as anything for his attacking prowess coming from deep Frings is the muscle, providing foil for Pirlo to pull the strings, Ronaldo, Kaka and Ribery in the last 12 months have been possibly the 3 best players in the world and Zlatan is likely to explode with a plethora of devastating goals at any minute

serious14

Ahhhhhhh, Mr. Mitchell, nice to see you've finally found your way here.  Brendo never really had much to say that made sense from a footballing perspective.  ;)  Nice team by the way - just be careful about relying on Zlatan up front too much, he's a bit inconsistent.  :p

tuftman

Yeah i wouldnt relying on Zlatan over a 38 game period im just hoping the Zlatan that turns up is the  goal machine we all know he can be.........otherwise id choose Torres or David Villa or perhaps Luca Toni when he isnt playing for Italy

Kareem

Mick's new thread got me thinking about this again
http://marinators.net/forum/index.php?topic=3742.0;topicseen
Was going to do this there, but that might be inappropriate
so here goes
Me 12 months ago
Kareem said:
----------------------Cech---------------------
Alves-----Toure--------Terry----------Ramos
-----------------Essien-----------------------
------------Fabregas-----Gerrard----------
Messi----------Kaka------------Ronaldo
my new team

I really like the 4-2-3-1
as long as the 3 are attacking players
and you play a hard man + a creative man in the 2

Casillas
Maicon-Terry-Vidic-Ramos
        Essien - Iniesta
Messi-----Kaka-----Ronaldo
            Torres

NB:
So close to pulling out Kaka, pushing Iniesta up, and having Pirlo in there...

Basically
Iniesta (despite being a catalan :p) >>> Fabregas
Vidic is good (despite being Man Utd)
Maicon has had a great year
Torres well, I couldnt leave him out.

Kareem

oh and real madrid dream team

Casillas
Ramos  Albiol      Pepe  Clichy
    Essien/lass  Fabregas/De La Red
Ronaldo      Kaka      Ribery/Robben
              Benzema/Higuain

/= for players who may/may not be bought
Definately dont want Xabi Alonso, as De La Red is new Alonso IMO
Basically saying this formation IMO could see Madrid score goals, and not concede that much...

But obviously our president wants this...
            Casillas
Ramos-Albiol-Pepe-? (maybe clichy)
          Xabi Alonso
Ronaldo                  Ribery
            Kaka
      Higuain      ?

? striker= benzema, villa (unlikley now), Ibra
i hope this doesnt happen

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors