• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Andy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jun/04/manchesterunited.realmadrid

Cristiano Ronaldo appears to have made up his mind to leave Manchester United and fulfil his "dream" of joining Real Madrid. The Portugal international has informed his agent, Jorge Mendes, that he wants to play in Spain and his decision has already been outlined to Madrid, encouraging them to step up their attempts to prise him from Old Trafford.

Ronaldo is being offered a salary in the region of 150,000 a week after tax and has told his closest associates that the financial rewards, as well as the opportunity to play for a club of Madrid's prestige, are too good to turn down.

The double footballer of the year had stated on Saturday night that he would announce his decision "in two or three days" but journalists arriving at Portugal's Euro 2008 training base yesterday were informed that he would not speak to the media until Friday at the earliest. Instead, one of his associates briefed the Portuguese journalists that Ronaldo, as suspected, was hoping United would relent on their refusal to entertain the idea of negotiating a world-record transfer.

Relations between the two clubs have been severely strained and the latest developments will cause intense dismay to Sir Alex Ferguson, who has been increasingly vocal in his criticism of Madrid. There is also a growing sense of foreboding about Ronaldo's motives, specifically the manner in which he has repeatedly adapted his line in a string of media interviews.

Ferguson had wanted the player to hold a press conference, or, at the very least, put out a statement, committing himself to the club, but Ronaldo has made it clear he plans to do nothing of the kind.

Mendes is believed to be in almost daily contact with Madrid and looking at ways to soften United's resistance. Whether that is possible remains to be seen as United have threatened to report the Spanish champions to Fifa and Ferguson has said he would rather let Ronaldo rot in the reserves than sanction the deal.

Contrary to reports, Ferguson has no plans to fly to Portugal, preferring to go on holiday to France and leave the matter to his chief executive, David Gill.

The money would be good for manure but this could really f*ck them up if it happens, and I truly hope it does.

Andy

marinermick said:
that is only 7.8 million pounds a year

that doesn't sound alot compared to what others are getting

Who is getting more than 150,000 a week?

Andy

marinermick said:
Andy said:
marinermick said:
that is only 7.8 million pounds a year

that doesn't sound alot compared to what others are getting

Who is getting more than 150,000 a week?

lampard and terry for starters

Terry only gets 135,000 and Lamps just got offered a new contract for 130,000

marinermick

my apologies, after doing some reserach found this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/jul/28/newsstory.sport1

for some reason i thought those two were getting 20 million pounds a year

Kareem

+ note: the figure for C.Ronaldo is after tax with Terry and Lampard's before tax!
i dunno wat to believe.
If C.Ronaldo wants to leave he would go for 60-70 mill (15-25 mill more than Zidane)(Inflation).
Until reading this article i thought Ronaldo genuinely wanted to stay at Old Trafford - so i dunno now
I personally dont like the player but I would be stupid to think he wouldnt improve the team...however I get these ill feelings reminiscent of the Galactico's. I personally would rather Ribery (30 mill), Benzmea (25 mill) + Diego (15 mill).
Thats 70 mill and job done in transfer market- much better put money than Ronaldo IMO.
1) Ribery wouldnt be far off from Ronaldo's ability.
2) Ribery, Benzema and Diego dont have galactico characteristics
3) Karim Benzema is going to become BIG!!! Better than Henry- GW
However 2 negatives to my idea
1) Not as much star power for Madrid- which they sadly would e not only oncsidering perofrmance but also merchandise sales
2) Buying Ronaldo would mean stuffing up Man UTD which is too good an oppurtunity to pass :p

jarrad

Ronaldo: 'I'll leave by next year'

The Portuguese superstar has been heavily linked with move to Real Madrid, who have been hounding for his signature over the last few months.

The 23-year-old is yet to dismiss the possibility of a switch to the Santiago Bernabeu, although United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is confident the incumbent PFA Player of the Year will remain at Old Trafford.

But according to The Sun, the former Sporting Lisbon sensation and his agent Jorge Mendes are planning an exit strategy that would take effect next summer.

Ronaldo reportedly told his nearest and dearest: If I dont leave Manchester United now, I certainly will in a year.

Paolo

my mothers cousins brothers bestfriends cleaner knows the janitor at old trafford and he said that ronaldo will be staying. Close thread

S

soccersensei

Just the usual games I'd say...
Be highly surprised if he exits any time soon, why would he? Still so young, on top of the world and nothing to be gained by rushing off to Spain at this point, there's still plenty of time for that dream. You'd think when perhaps Sir Alex goes he would see it as the opportune moment maybe to make the change... but now, as a player, I struggle to see the logic.. BUT it's certainly in his agents interest to ensure everything possible is being done by Man U to secure his future (ie: spending every last penny) by courting other offers and not overly stepping out to quell such "rumours"

Sym

Maybe he wants to win more trophies as a player
Champions league premiership done with Utd
Maybe he wants to move to another club and do it again ?

I dunno

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
maybe the "ahem" journo at the Sun has his head firmly rammed in his own buttocks

jarrad

Ronaldo has said that he wants to win everything he can.
By moving to Madrid or Barcelona he has a chance to win
the La Liga seeing as he has allready won the premiership
and the champions league with Manchester.

As a player, being the best, he wants to win everything
he is able to. Consisting of the European championship,
The World cup and club championships alike.

If Ronaldo were to move over to Spain now, with either
Real Madrid or Barcelona, and he was to win the La Liga
next year. I think the year after he would head over to Italy
with Milan, Juventus or Inter to win the Serie A, although
after he wins everything he can, it is likely he will go back
to Manchester, or when Fergie leaves, follow him wherever
he goes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics