• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Jesus

Jesus
He always wanted to play for real.
Real can offer money and prestigue that man utd can not.
He may never get another chance. Things can change mighty fast for footballers.

Bear

Jesus said:

What prestigue can Real offer that compares to "current european champions"?

Iv heard this a lot from people, but what really makes Real better than Man Utd?

Paolo

Bearinator said:
Jesus said:

Iv heard this a lot from people, but what really makes Real better than Man Utd?
real madrid has a good history whilst man united only.......oh wait

Jesus

Jesus
Bearinator said:
Jesus said:

Most succesful team in european history. As well as the money and the teams standing in the community.

serious14

Since 1992:

Man U - Domestic Titles, 10.  Domestic Cups, 6.  European Cups, 2.
Real Madrid - Domestic Titles, 6.  Domestic Cups, 1.  European Cups, 3.

Throw in the prestige of the treble and you could probably say that _in recent times_, Man U out does Real Madrid.

Jesus - Man U comes in at #1 on the list of richest football clubs, Real Madrid comes in at #2.  If Cronaldo goes there, he's only going one way - doooooowwwwwn.  :p

loyalist

his careers over for me if he moves to madrid
next club after that will be accrington stanley

Jesus

Jesus
serious14 said:
Since 1992:

Throw in the prestige of the treble and you could probably say that _in recent times_, Man U out does Real Madrid.

Jesus - Man U comes in at #1 on the list of richest football clubs, Real Madrid comes in at #2.   If Cronaldo goes there, he's only going one way - doooooowwwwwn.   :p

But man u are own by individuals. And hence have problems real madrid dont have. Since real is owned by its members, 70 odd thousand i believe, it has advantages in taking loans. No bank will even take real or barce to the brink with their loan, because it is bad business, and the clubs are so integrated into the regions.
But that membership ownership also gives it a prestigue that being owned by a couple of fueding yanks will never give you.

Since 1992 is a weird way to look at it. But they still have not won in europe more times than real. PSV has a tonne of domestic titles since 1992, but they are not considered that hot because their success in europe is not the best.

Kareem

serious14 said:
Since 1992:

Jesus - Man U comes in at #1 on the list of richest football clubs, Real Madrid comes in at #2.   If Cronaldo goes there, he's only going one way - doooooowwwwwn.   :p
may i add, that some believe La Liga to be a more difficult league...
and i think many madrid fans like myself know that we havent been the best in recent times...(i look at past 5 years...since 1992 i still think we have been better)- but there is no doubting our place in history as most successful club of all time- which is the prestige I think we are talking about here...
PS. Man UTD are better than Madrid atm, I can hack that!

Paolo

centralcoastyouth said:
his careers over for me if he moves to madrid
next club after that will be accrington stanley
i have had heard gosford city are looking to bring him to the club later in his career

Andy

Article with quotes
Manchester United must face the real possibility that Cristiano Ronaldo has played his final match for the club after the Portuguese winger publicly declared his intention to join Real Madrid at the end of the European Championship.

Speaking from Portugal's training camp in the Swiss city of Neuchatel on Wednesday, Ronaldo made a keenly awaited statement on his future. The 23-year-old stated that he wanted to leave Old Trafford to sign for the Spanish champions if they made good on their promises of world record transfer fees and wages. Spanish media reports have placed the value of a Madrid offer to United at 100m and the player's salary at 15m a year.

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo in an interview with the respected Brazilian website Terra. "However, it does not depend on me."

The issue of Ronaldo's future has been the dominant feature of Portugal's European Championship training camp, overshadowing the team's preparations and seeing questions raised about the player's state of mind. Hoping to prevent inquests at national team press conferences and post-match mixed zones, Ronaldo insisted that he would not speak about his choice of club again during the tournament.

"It is important to send a message," he said. "From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."

United have repeatedly stated that they will not allow Ronaldo to move this summer, but the club may now have to improve the five-year contract they agreed with the forward in April 2007. Given the scale of Madrid's offer, the player can expect to comfortably exceed the net 10m that Michael Ballack receives from Chelsea each year.

jarrad

Source - Goal.com

Reports emanating from Spain claim that the Portuguese star Ronaldo, who is currently in Switzerland on international duty, has agreed to join the Spanish champions on a five-year deal.

It is believed that Ramn Caldern is ready to fulfill Ronaldo's wishes by rewarding him with 9.5 million per season.

The Manchester United player confirmed to Terra yesterday that he would like to play for Real Madrid as long as the Merengues were ready to offer him and Manchester United what has been reported.

With Ronaldo and Real allegedly in the same page, the Spanish outfit must now begin negotiations with The Red Devils, which won't easy as Alex Ferguson wants to keep the number 7 in his ranks.

It is reported that Real Madrid are willing to put together an offer of 100 million for the Portuguese, which, if completed, will be the most expensive transfer fee in football history.

If I were Fergie i'd let him go for sure. Think how many class players that money could buy him.
He'd be crazy not to accept the offer. As for Real this is just stupid, do they think bringing a Ronaldo into the side will mean they can just go out and win everything. ManU didn't win everything just because of Ronaldo, they won because they have a strong team and apart from Casillas and Ramos I don't see Madrid as being that strong. Rather than just buying the one Ronaldo they could have bought numerous class players.

Jesus

Jesus
Real have a good team, they need a ronaldo to give them that extra dimension. He will also bring alot of money with him.

Sym

Haha Casillas and Ramos the only class at Madrid

Better tell Cannavaro,Raul,Robinho,Robben,Guti,Van Nistlerooy,Saviola,Sneijder and more to f--k off then

W

Wilson

In late developing news it appears Budgewoi FC have entered the race for Ronaldo's signature
They just need to install 460,000 more poker machines!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred