Competitive concussion thread

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by true believer, Aug 21, 2017.

1. true believer

true believer Well-Known Member

im easy . i put 10 bucks on mcgregor v mayweather by disqualification by either fighter at 9 bucks
    cheers

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

I would LOVE McGregor to win but it just seams impossible. He fights with his right hand down.

Still he showed great hands against Alvarez.

The DQ for the Paddy is quite a smart bet. The only time mayweather should have been DQ was against Ortiz who would have beaten him imho. He dog shotted Ortiz to survive......a real low act.....but you do what you have to do and Ortiz was a scary MF!!

3. true believer

I lot of old school guys would keep their left down if they had good hand speed and jab.

4. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Asking to be knocked out.

Anyway enjoy this TB. The beast Ortiz is featured as well!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. true believer

the good old days

oooh yeah

great fights

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

LOL.
    Thank you for the Boxing/concussion thread.

7. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Just don't get off topic

Still not sure if I'll go watch this farce. Curiosity has me interested but you can also get the highlights on the news.

The only reason I'll probably watch is I don't see Connar mucking around. Think he'll be all in early going for the 'Money' shot. Would love to see him run and jump and unless a straight on hit that floors Mayweather. Will look like a possible flying knee but will just be a dummy for the straight fist. Happy Gilmore does boxing

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

The owner of the Elly (east Gosso) tells me they are full for this circus. So its going to be a bonanza for the local pubs and clubs.
    My wife wants to pay for it on Foxtel but i'm leaning towards a tables at the Tallies (Ourimbah).
    I think its going to be a joke fight but a massive money spinner. I give Conor a 10% chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rowdy

Rowdy Well-Known Member

That's what is known in the 'industry' as a 'Superman Punch' :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Saw the burgers they are having in the local paper. Good size tellys there to in a confined space in the dining area. Would be good for those that booked.

11. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Elenora is my son's go to pub for the UFC. They have a sports bar as well. Food there is excellent too!

Sidelines at Erina and Foghorn pub also have it on. Gosso Leagues and the RSL both have it. Gosso Hotel and The Settlers at West Gosford.

12. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Used to go to Trivia there and food was good but expensive for midweek and Trivia was to hard.
    Now hit the ourimbah rsl $12 special and they give you $5 club cash for playing. They haven't advertised the fight so probably don't have it

13. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Well UFC and Macgregor are 20/20 cricket. Fast full of power and excitement.

Mayweather was SFC experienced, strong defence, composed in for the long haul and boring. He only unleashed after it was clear macgregor was fatigued.

Good on connar for taking it to him but never looked the goods to get through the defence. He was exciting and watching mayweather curl up likeba crab or turtle deserved a naughty crack on the back of the head.

Just holding his hands up for 6 rounds is more than connar has ever needed to do.

Glad no one got my money but wasn't the farce it could have been and floyd was definitely worried early about that left hand but just had nothing else.

The balaclava got some boos at the gosford rsl

14. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Enjoyable fight.
    Conor put on a good show for the first 3 rounds.
    He gasses easily and was always going to be found out it the later rounds with his no hands (but great slipping) defence. Mayweather struggled with his style until he got tired. My wife who is normally a good judge actually thought Conor was going to win after 3 rounds. I explained that once Mayweather warmed up and closed the distance it would be all over.
    I'm just happy that it was a decent contest and not a joke.
    Bit annoyed I didnt take the $1.23 on offer but with McGregor being so dangerous and Money being old I didnt fancy the risk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. true believer

just for dibo

[MEDIA]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Ok TB got to have one for Wombat now

• Like Like x 1
  17. sydmariner

sydmariner Well-Known Member

he even knocked ou jonney noxville in jackass the movie.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

The most unlikely fighter but Butterbean had concussive punching power.

19. sydmariner

sydmariner Well-Known Member

20. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Huge fight today between GGG and Canelo Alvarez. Anyone got a stream of it?