• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Comeback Nik For Mariners?

Hagar the Horrible

Spud said:
valentius borealis said:
thomas477 said:
Perth will be willing to take the chance
You're not wrong there. He was their top goalscorer in the final season of the NSL, in a team that also contained Mori and Despotovski.

And that was how long ago?

Since then he's had a very poor record, with few games spread over 3 seasons. Quite a dangerous player when he's on the pitch and fit, has a great boot which would knock back goalies two feet on impact, but the record he has over these last 3 seasons speaks louder than any past history or odd glimpses of brilliance. Needs to prove he's capable, and can play for MOST of the season, not a cameo.
Everybody knows that taking Mrdja would be a gamble, due to his injury troubles in the past 3 season. I just think that if he was to leave, Perth would be the club most likely to take that gamble, given his pre-injury history there, despite him being much maligned (ala Kwasnik) prior to that breakthrough season of 2003-04.               

Nik ain't heading back to Perth, I know he has stated that many times!!
He has already been offered a contract by another A-league club but
I can confirm that he is meeting with Lyall/Lawrie this week to make a decision either way.

PS. above information from the gfs mouth

S

soccersensei

Well I sincerely hope we keep him. He has more to prove and play for than anyone else in Australian football and I want to see him demolish Aloisi's ambition on golden boot next season!

C, MON NICKKKYYYY BOYYYYY!!!!

Deej

MarinerMart said:
I can confirm that he is meeting with Lyall/Lawrie this week to make a decision either way.

I've heard he's been offered a contract from another club too, with his injuries it would be interesting to know what he's been offered?

P

Pete

If he's been offered another contract by another club, I'd be miffed if the Mariners were forced into making a better deal with him.

The club has shown tremendous patience with him over these last 3 years, and it would be almost disloyal of Nik to then turn around to them and say 'top this'.

I can appreciate he still feels he's a professional footballer and he has to look after getting the best deal etc. but if he's just going to gazump the Mariners in negotiations the club may as well cut their ties now and set about finding a replacement.

DJ said:
MarinerMart said:

I've heard he's been offered a contract from another club too, with his injuries it would be interesting to know what he's been offered?

Yeah it would!
Pity i don't have that much info but.
I do hope that we can keep him because a fit Nik with Sash backed by our new look midfield will be a very exiciting prospect.
I guess only time will tell!

midfielder

No one will take a risk on Nik unless its on a payment by match.

If he is fit I would rather he played for us. But on a match by match basic so as not to eat up the salary cap.

midfielder said:
No one will take a risk on Nik unless its on a payment by match.

If he is fit I would rather he played for us. But on a match by match basic so as not to eat up the salary cap.

But how would you work that with the salary cap?
If we say he was getting $10K a game, would you leave space for 21 games plus finals? 250K?
If you didn't and only had $150K space left in the cap would his season then be over after 15 games?
Not sure those contracts would work well with a cap.

midfielder

MarnierMart you mean apart from cheat.

You can put a match payment / season payement limit in.

You say if you play all season you will get say $ 80, 000, and or $ 4, 000 per match.

If during the second game Nik breaks down and is out for another season, then the two games is $ 8, 000, leaving $ 72, 000 to spend on finding a new player, essentially you put a ceiling on annual payments but only pay on being in the run on team.

Wombat

Great player and is definately the best combination with Sasho...BUT...the man must have a heart the size of a pea.
Clearly our best striker but this must be his last chance!!!

Jesus

Jesus
Mrdja wuld not agree to that, and i think you will find the PFA and FFA would consider it below the minimum wage.

Azza

Rowdy said:
John Citizen said:
Niks knee injury is caused from bone bruising, it takes a (very) long time to heal due to lack of blood flow to the area. It must be hard for a player to sit on the bench for virtually three years straight. Give the guy a chance Im sure he is going to be busting at the seams to get back on the field and show what he can do. Good luck to him :thumbup:

Mr Citizen, I like so many others on here rate Mrdj highly but feel it's a bit like a broken record, that record ironically is by;
Artists: "Operator Please"
the track: "Just a Song about Ping-Pong".  :p  ;D 
I HATE THAT SONG

FFC Mariner

Maybe not............

They get him back to full fitness, best striker in the HAL (which he is by far) and then out of the corner of his eye he spots Boogs moving in for the kill. Knee height, from the side.

If he is in a poo brown shirt, he is a target (who ever he is)

dibo

Greenpoleffc said:
Maybe not............

They get him back to full fitness, best striker in the HAL (which he is by far) and then out of the corner of his eye he spots Boogs moving in for the kill. Knee height, from the side.

If he is in a poo brown shirt, he is a target (who ever he is)

more likely a certain A. Durante, formerly of Newcastle now resident across the ditch, might like to exchange some mid-shin pleasantries...

skilbeck

Whats the likelyhood of Nik becoming a scummer? if anything id be more concerned about Gumps becoming one

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred