• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

true believer

Legends! We are BACK in the studio this this afternoon and well, look, we thought we’d make up for missing last week by bringing you a chat with the Mariners’ all time leading goal scorer and 6x golden boot winner, Matt Simon ?
Questions? Discussion points? Flick ‘em through!
is yengi a bigger driver than mauk ?
considering kuol gets a yellow card for being within 5 metres of a any opposition player .
why wasn't yengi given a yellow for 7 fouls against the bling ?

Forum Phoenix

Matty, if you could press a magic button and change one thing about the A league - what would it be?

PS. My fam and I sat next to your mother on your Mariners debut.

Her words, bellowed across the ground were “We love you Matty Simon and your beautiful face!”

Respond.

Wombat

Who has been your toughest opponent? You and Muscat had a few battles. Who else tried to kick you up in the air more than normal?.....and who did you enjoy clattering the most?

finally retired

Matty...no one has ever doubted your own passion when it comes to the Mariners and to football. This season's squad seem to have the same passion as yourself. What has been done differently this season to bring that passion out in the rest of the squad?

Coast Football Ramble

Pete, Luke, Jimmy, and Morrow are back after a sneaky week off to review the Mariners' last couple of results against City and the Vuck.

This week, we're joined by the GOAT from East Gosford - the Mariners' all time leading goal scorer and 6x CCM Golden Boot Winner Matthew Blake Simon joins us for a chat. Who is better - Messi, or Matt Simon? Where does he keep his sauce? What did he say whilst standing over Zygmunt Gordon?

We also look ahead to the clash with Adelaide - we look very much forward to seeing Stefan Mauk again - as well as recapping our Academy results, Central Coast United results, Luke finally puts together his Grievances Xi, and of course we answer your questions.

#UpTheSauce

0.00 - 28.00 - Fred's Question/City & Vuck Review
28.30-44.45 - Matt Simon
44.45-59.20 - Luke's Grievances XI
62.45-71.00 - Other Australian League Things/Adelaide Preview
71.00-85.25 - Fan Questions

pjennings

Great pod again guys. Loved to hear from the GOAT!!

I'm pretty sure that the indirect was for

An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:
---
  • touches the ball with the hand/arm after releasing it and before it has touched another player

Last edited:

ccf

The indirect free kick was awarded as the Goalkeeper held the ball for longer than 6 seconds. Refs have been letting keepers hold it for longer but not this time :)

Jimmy

The indirect free kick was awarded as the Goalkeeper held the ball for longer than 6 seconds. Refs have been letting keepers hold it for longer but not this time :)

I didn't get to mention, the last time it happened in the league, it was the same ref who called it up.

TC Redline

Pete, Luke, Jimmy, and Morrow are back after a sneaky week off to review the Mariners' last couple of results against City and the Vuck.

This week, we're joined by the GOAT from East Gosford - the Mariners' all time leading goal scorer and 6x CCM Golden Boot Winner Matthew Blake Simon joins us for a chat. Who is better - Messi, or Matt Simon? Where does he keep his sauce? What did he say whilst standing over Zygmunt Gordon?

We also look ahead to the clash with Adelaide - we look very much forward to seeing Stefan Mauk again - as well as recapping our Academy results, Central Coast United results, Luke finally puts together his Grievances Xi, and of course we answer your questions.

#UpTheSauce

0.00 - 28.00 - Fred's Question/City & Vuck Review
28.30-44.45 - Matt Simon
44.45-59.20 - Luke's Grievances XI
62.45-71.00 - Other Australian League Things/Adelaide Preview
71.00-85.25 - Fan Questions

Awesome pod again gents and it’s awesome having Matty back at the club. Just on Luke’s grievances XI and got me thinking of the amazing goal keepers this club has had and in fact nearly every aleague club at the moment has an ex Mariner keeper too. This may be a good debating item on the next pod. I started rating our best keepers and they had to play say 40 plus matches and removing Kennedy as not only the worst keeper but worst player we have had. So the keepers to rate are Izzo, Reddy, Vukovic, Ryan, and Bira. Mine would be controversial as I discount Ryan‘s ability as a shot stopper at his time with us given he had Wilko and Patrick who in my view is the best ever Aleague import at any club and then Sainsbury after Wilko left In front of him. I also cant ever remember Ryan ever saving a pen for us and every time someone broke through 1 on 1 it was pretty much a goal. However Ryan was by far the best sweeper keeper I have seen in a long time. So i will split this into 2 ratings which are shot stopping and then secondly sweeping ball distribution. So for shot stopping here is my list that the pod boys wont like is 1 Reddy, 2 Vukovic, 3 Birra , 4 Izzy, 5 Ryan, ( yes I know Reddy is a nutcase but wow did he keep us in so many games Back then). Sweeping and distr. 1 Ryan By a country mile , 2 Reddy, 3 Birra who is improving dramatically with sweeping but ball distribution still not flash, 4 Vukovic 5 Izzo both Vukovic and Izzo struggling in coming out but Izzos ball distribution was awful. Anyway in my combined rankings of Mariners performances that would make Reddy ( the pod casts favourite player) our number1. Will let you guys rip that one apart haha.

Last edited:

pjennings

Thanks Liam for your input!!

For pure shot-stopping I would rate Izzo a lot higher, possibly at the top. As a sweeper he was wasn't great and he couldn't set a wall and trust it to save his life.

Danny is number 2 behind Maty as a sweeper keeper with Birraz 3rd. Reddy comes too often when he doesn't get it for my liking. His distribution was also questionable which often left us open for him to show off his shot-stopping.

My 5
Maty, ahead of Danny, followed by Birraz with Izzo and Reddy fighting for the next. Given his toxic affect on the team Reddy loses that battle.

That was the thing about Maty, he was part of young group that believed in each other and was integral to both our defence an attack. If he couldn't get the ball safely to Sainsbury or Patty he would get it to Hutch or Monty. If they were taken he would pick up a run from Pedj, Josh, WeeMac or Ollie or even land it on Macca's chest. We conceded less in his time because we spent so little time in our half because of his freakish ditribution.

Big Al

Thanks Liam for your input!!

For pure shot-stopping I would rate Izzo a lot higher, possibly at the top. As a sweeper he was wasn't great and he couldn't set a wall and trust it to save his life.

Danny is number 2 behind Maty as a sweeper keeper with Birraz 3rd. Reddy comes too often when he doesn't get it for my liking. His distribution was also questionable which often left us open for him to show off his shot-stopping.

My 5
Maty, ahead of Danny, followed by Birraz with Izzo and Reddy fighting for the next. Given his toxic affect on the team Reddy loses that battle.

That was the thing about Maty, he was part of young group that believed in each other and was integral to both our defence an attack. If he couldn't get the ball safely to Sainsbury or Patty he would get it to Hutch or Monty. If they were taken he would pick up a run from Pedj, Josh, WeeMac or Ollie or even land it on Macca's chest. We conceded less in his time because we spent so little time in our half because of his freakish ditribution.
Absolutely agree about Izzo. Good shot stopper horrible brickie

Wombat

Absolutely agree about Izzo. Good shot stopper horrible brickie

My top 5 Mariners Keepers.

1. Ryan
2. Birras
3. Vuko
4. Reddy
5. Toss up between Izzo, Pasfield, Van Stratton and Crawley.

Worst is Trott but we also had Nash, Kennedy, Pearce and Redmayne (when he was useless) so we have had some shockers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami