• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Ironbark

The rationale I believe is the Wellington phoenix rose from the ashes of the New Zealand Knights (sort of) and I believe FP also returned in some sort of glorious rebirth to the forum?

Also love fire chicken label which I believe is now legal name

Luke

Well done Luke. It’s gold,
I stole it from twitter but I will happily take credit ?

Also while I am here, I don't post much but I lurk after every episode is posted to stroke my own ego with the nice compliments you guys give us.

In all seriousness, thanks heaps to everyone that listens and the feedback. We have great fun making the podcast and trying to give a fans perspective on everything.

Keep posting questions and talking points because it deffinitely fuels us and gets the conversation started. Always great to hear peoples differing opinions and it's nice to be positive for the first time in forever.

Coast Football Ramble

Here we go!

We recap our win over the Fire Chickens
We catch up with Nick Montgomery
Shaun joins us for a chat
And, of course, we answer your questions!

Also would like to give a personal shout to @Ancient Mariner - had meant to give you a shout out during the pod tipping conversation, it slipped off the run sheet and was kicking myself post-pod! Will try and make amends next pod.

#UpTheSauce
-Pete

Soundcloud:
Spotify:

Tevor

Here we go!

We recap our win over the Fire Chickens
We catch up with Nick Montgomery
Shaun joins us for a chat
And, of course, we answer your questions!

Also would like to give a personal shout to @Ancient Mariner - had meant to give you a shout out during the pod tipping conversation, it slipped off the run sheet and was kicking myself post-pod! Will try and make amends next pod.

#UpTheSauce
-Pete

Soundcloud:
Spotify:
Great insight into what Monty is dong with the Academy, we are lucky to have such a passionate and loyal person on board and we are definitely seeing the fruits of his labour and also the punts he is taking on young talent. Look forward to seeing more come through over time.

Good plug for the Trust as well and could be perfect timing with the team having some success and peoples interest being peaked at the right time.

Everything seems to be aligned for a more stable and successful future.

Ironbark

Talking to some of the youth players the philosophy appears consistent across the academy and senior team of cohesiveness, discipline in defence, creativity in attack and superior fitness. Love it.

pjennings

On the point that Shaun made about the number of games we have played. Maybe a better way to look at the table is points per game. (where we top the league as well).

TeamMPWDLGFGAGDPTSCurrent PPG
CCM86021477182.25
SFC5311853102.00
BNE74121385131.86
PG53021512391.80
MAC84221293141.75
WSW7331963121.71
WUN512289-151.00
NUJ822479-281.00
MCI6204610-461.00
ADL7214814-671.00
WEL6114610-440.67
MVC6114512-740.67

Huddo

I'd like a talking point, please.
Obviously staj has a game plan, but Sunday after the 60th minute seemed like the perfect time to blood Hall with a bit more time, 2-0 up, against a tiring 10 man team that had i think until that point one shot on goal in the second half.
If that's not a good time to blood him when do we? ( i have faith in staj, just quering the interchange on this one. Thought Stajs thinking may have to do with nigro struggling, not wanting to tinker too much with the Defensive line.)

Not going to say I predicted this one but....

Last edited:

true believer

Not sure what you’re going for here but...

CCM 2 - 3 Kurt Ams
i think before anything libelous is online .the club needs to act first .
or provide cover for the poddie .we need to put it on the league to suspend fielding and ams for the season.
if they don't then legal action should be up front and in all likelihood the implication of the helen reed affair.
its a shit storm the A league will not like to have and if we let this go they will f**k us forever .

Ancient Mariner

In your next pod guys I would like you to consider how last night's game would have been without VAR.
I am sure that we would have been complaining about two contentious penalty, but in normal way after getting what appeared to be a couple of bad calls.
The use of VAR made the officiating of the game an absolute joke and surely brought the game into more disrepute than any number of referee errors could possibly do.
Surely, it has to go.

pjennings

In your next pod guys I would like you to consider how last night's game would have been without VAR.
I am sure that we would have been complaining about two contentious penalty, but in normal way after getting what appeared to be a couple of bad calls.
The use of VAR made the officiating of the game an absolute joke and surely brought the game into more disrepute than any number of referee errors could possibly do.
Surely, it has to go.
Absolutely. We would be pissed off with the result but live with it. Errors in real time are one thing. Players make them all the time. Going back and making the wrong call is unforgiveable.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
The next poddy should Get put on a usb or two and express posted to the f**knuckle brothers from the Adelaide debarcle

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami