• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

turbo

What's the betting these people flog the stadium off to some mob?
The stadium is a unique resource, I can't see them selling it without a lengthy public process. They've got other assets like childcare centers that would be far easier to sell off if they need a short term cash injection. Can always open more of them later on if they want to.

Huddo

The stadium is a unique resource, I can't see them selling it without a lengthy public process. They've got other assets like childcare centers that would be far easier to sell off if they need a short term cash injection. Can always open more of them later on if they want to.

I dunno, it seems all options are being looked at.

Pirate Pete

I knew someone who worked in a council childcare centre.
I thought they were all sold when lawrie was mayor

Forum Phoenix

These questions are in the others CCM thread. But less time consuming for him to answer live if still possible.

This is Pirate Pete:
A couple of other things too Shaun.
Although I'm not sure if you're able to or don't want to comment.
WSW seem to be spending a lot on players this season.
Is there any policing of the salary cap?

Someone mentioned the other day that the council are selling tickets to boxes for sporting events at the stadium. What's the go with this?
https://www.centralcoaststadium.com.au/corporate-info

Forum Phoenix

This is from Coastalraider:

Hi Shaun,

Just to go over a couple of things in other threads - obviously you are bound by confidentiality etc, but has the upswing in performance helped at all with potential sale of the club, or is Mike starting to reconsider with the new league ownership etc?

And most importantly, given the current state of any potential sale proceedings, how does that affect our immediate contract negotiations? There are obvious upgrade/extensions desirable for many players and the coach, is this something that can be done now or is it also in a holding pattern until a sale is completed?

And also congrats to you and the head office team, its been a very lean few years, I firstly hope you are all enjoying the moment, and secondly hope there is a viable path to keep this squad together so we can all enjoy competitiveness for a lot longer yet.

turbo

I knew someone who worked in a council childcare centre.
I thought they were all sold when lawrie was mayor
Might be the case and I’ve got it wrong. Still the overall point is the same - there’s easier assets to price and flog off than a stadium with no easy reference point for market pricing.

Pirate Pete

Might be the case and I’ve got it wrong. Still the overall point is the same - there’s easier assets to price and flog off than a stadium with no easy reference point for market pricing.
They did mention the council building in Gosford.
Would anyone want it though. I'm no expert but I would have thought businesses would be locating outside of Gosford. Erina or places with heaps of parking

Ancient Mariner

And me. Mind you it does not matter looking at my record of tipping. I tipped Mariners twice for a win, they lost both times. I tipped against them twice, they won. I have been tipping against them since and will carry on doing so until the end of the season. We will be undefeated from here on in. ;-)

Josho Howe

Just finished up recording. Had a good chat with Stefan about his career so far and how much he's enjoying being here. Had Shaun as well who talked about the stadium rights and more. Am biased of course, but it's another good one!

Edit - A shameless self plug incoming. I appeared as a guest on the Destruction In The Box podcast as l talked about CCM's early season success and got to judge Victory on a Victory fan podcast! If you hear enough of me on CFR fair enough. If you wanna hear me talk us up even more, it's there if you want it.

Last edited:

true believer

Just finished up recording. Had a good chat with Stefan about his career so far and how much he's enjoying being here. Had Shaun as well who talked about the stadium rights and more. Am biased of course, but it's another good one!

Edit - A shameless self plug incoming. I appeared as a guest on the Destruction In The Box podcast as l talked about CCM's early season success and got to judge Victory on a Victory fan podcast! If you hear enough of me on CFR fair enough. If you wanna hear me talk us up even more, it's there if you want it.
then post the url ! hopefully you put the slipper into the FFA

Forum Phoenix

Always plug away Josh!

Ancient Mariner

Great pod as usual.
A couple of things.
1) Apologies to Pete for addressing him as Jimmy in a PM, living in the past.
2) Are you guys ok for funding. I do not buy my tickets on line hence I get a free ride. Any Way others can contribute?
3) If you look at the bottom end of the tipping comp you will find me. I made the comment on another thread that early on I found that when I tipped us for a win we lost. I quickly figured I was a jinx hence I have been tipping teams whose loss can give us the most benefit and forgoing personal glory. A should out would be nice to let some of my friends know that I am not really a shit judge of form.
4) I think it is about time to get Anton on the pod again.
5) And how about giving Rowdy another guest run. Maybe when your voices are stuffed after a close game when you do not need to get a word in edgewise.

Keep it up.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Nice one chaps ...must say the two recent guest players , Casella and Nigro are very erudite indeed...hardly a “obviously” or “basically” in either chat...excellent

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred