• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

adz

Staff member
I listened to the podcast as josh said.
If you did you would be able to reference my comments .......... I assume you have reasonable comprehension skills ......... more than you have displayed so far this thread. :doh:

Well there you go. @Coast Football Ramble Obviously you haven't listened to the podcast..!

giphy.gif

Coast Football Ramble

I listened to the podcast as josh said.
If you did you would be able to reference my comments .......... I assume you have reasonable comprehension skills ......... more than you have displayed so far this thread. :doh:

Judging by the amount of people who've agreed with my last post I'm clearly not the only one who can't fathom what you're talking about.

I listened to the pod as I was recording it on my laptop. Are you able to comprehend that?

Josho Howe

If sitting on the fence is negative ........ and mostly answering direct questions with just cliches ............. you actually avoided answering their questions more than you answered.
Like you say “what’s the point of pretending .......”:popcorn:

If you're talking about the FNR thing l did, l literally can't go on a live radio station and say how shit we are and l have got no hope. I had to at least be a little bit positive and l felt like l answered the questions they asked me in a fair manner.

If you want, you can ask to be on the show and give your opinion? Have a good day

true believer

I hope you shirt front Josh like Okon shirt front Harry about the jacket comment.

I'll be up the back of bay 16 if you want to come for a chat.
-Jimmy
i wouldn't shirt front anyone (unless they tried to steal my beer ) we have all suffered terribly these past 5 years .
i feel for you guys doing the podi .
i'll come by for a chat , wombat can pick me out .

Last edited:

Offsider

If you're talking about the FNR thing l did, l literally can't go on a live radio station and say how shit we are and l have got no hope. I had to at least be a little bit positive and l felt like l answered the questions they asked me in a fair manner.

If you want, you can ask to be on the show and give your opinion? Have a good day

So there you have it ............ you just justified my opinion and reply. I agree you can’t go to a live station and say “ how shit we are etc ” ....... but you tried to.:redcard:
They asked you some very direct questions that I am sure many would like management answers to .......... you shouldn’t have tried to answer them :redcard: ........... you should have vetted the questions and asked them not to put them, they threw you under the bus. You were asked very direct questions that required factual answers. Not to answer with the facts was not good .......... nobody was any the wiser after your answers ???.:redcard:. The problem as I see it is: they must have thought you knew the answers but either you didn’t or wouldn’t.

:soapbox: Don’t worry ........ I can understand nobody ringing in to your program to give their opinion .............. if anybody was actually listening they would risk getting the same result I just did.

:piano:Yes .......... my opinions at times may appear negative, but if you take your blue and yellow blinkers off you might see that I don’t say negative things like “ how shit we are ........and I have got no hope “.......... and I certainly wouldn’t go on live radio and try and hide the fact that I think my team is shit.

I am a Mulvey fan and I have hope that charlesworth has turned the corner and will support the new ffa regime and be competitive otherwise we will be in the second division when it is brought in. I also have an interest in seeing the new npl signings and the youth players stepping up. Just because I don’t put a value on league table positions doesn’t make me negative nor does the injury list ensuring another spoon worry me like it will you when the reality hits you.

Oh wait !!! ........ one last thing .......... there is no way I would “ask” to be on “the show”. I appreciate your efforts of what you are trying to do with it ............... trying to turn the “pigs ear into a silk purse” ........ but it is not going to happen with the team this season. :doh:

That was fun .....

Offsider

Also @Offsider HINT: the podcast is called Coast Football Ramble Podcast, and you are giving Coast Football Ramble shit about not listening... to their own podcast?

Thank you ............ keep reading the posts and you will see that the “shit” you refer to is in fact owned ...........:redcard:.

Your inexperience is noted.:doh:

Antlion

This is fair and appropriately harsh to Josho I'd say.
He was paid big money to give his personal opinions on a show and should have spent months in media training and days in preparation rather than simply turn up and answer questions honestly and to the best of his ability whilst using his judgement as if he was paid nothing at all with little preparation time...oh wait
So there you have it ............ you just justified my opinion and reply. I agree you can’t go to a live station and say “ how shit we are etc ” ....... but you tried to.:redcard:
They asked you some very direct questions that I am sure many would like management answers to .......... you shouldn’t have tried to answer them :redcard: ........... you should have vetted the questions and asked them not to put them, they threw you under the bus. You were asked very direct questions that required factual answers. Not to answer with the facts was not good .......... nobody was any the wiser after your answers ???.:redcard:. The problem as I see it is: they must have thought you knew the answers but either you didn’t or wouldn’t.

:soapbox: Don’t worry ........ I can understand nobody ringing in to your program to give their opinion .............. if anybody was actually listening they would risk getting the same result I just did.

:piano:Yes .......... my opinions at times may appear negative, but if you take your blue and yellow blinkers off you might see that I don’t say negative things like “ how shit we are ........and I have got no hope “.......... and I certainly wouldn’t go on live radio and try and hide the fact that I think my team is shit.

I am a Mulvey fan and I have hope that charlesworth has turned the corner and will support the new ffa regime and be competitive otherwise we will be in the second division when it is brought in. I also have an interest in seeing the new npl signings and the youth players stepping up. Just because I don’t put a value on league table positions doesn’t make me negative nor does the injury list ensuring another spoon worry me like it will you when the reality hits you.

Oh wait !!! ........ one last thing .......... there is no way I would “ask” to be on “the show”. I appreciate your efforts of what you are trying to do with it ............... trying to turn the “pigs ear into a silk purse” ........ but it is not going to happen with the team this season. :doh:

That was fun .....

Antlion

Offy - I get that as one ages one approaches communication with a certain 'let's just cut to the chase mentality'.
It stands to reason and I respect that position, truly.
Cynicism increasingly and justifiably wins the day and it has been shown that pessimism typically is closer to reality than blind optimism. (Optimism is more fun, however, and supports a happier mind-state).

Communication is 2 way though. If you are just being negative, aggressive and insulting to people who are contributing a genuine effort (where's your podcast?) then people will begin to disengage with you and eventually you'll be speaking in a vacuum. Not to mention that it is harsh, unkind and unfair. People do their best and learning is lifelong.

Criticism and honesty don't need to be compromised. If fact I, and I can see many others here, do genuinely appreciate your candid views.
But perhaps gentler language that are less personally attacking would be more appropriate and less abrasive to people who don't deserve to be savagely cut down for no real reason in the name of that criticism.

Attack the argument, disagree with the method - but there is no need to become vitriolic. People don't need to process that and very few actually deserve it (Trump excluded)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred