• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Big Al

How does Gatt decide whether to put a rumour out in the media or hold on to it. Essentially how does he decide when someone is legit or full of it.

How is he finding it trying to get information out of the Mariners at the moment, is he finding Paulo is running a tight ship on information?

Yoda

Liam Rose - What position does he prefer to play and how is he liking the transition to CB? Does the change of position improve or hinder his options when he inevitably moves overseas.

pjennings

Ray - I'll just "stealthily" ask you these questions -

1) is it ethical for a player agent to promote destabilisation of a club so that one or more of his clients can move?
2) is it ethical for a player agent to use a podcast as his own bully pulpit to achieve destabilisation of a club?

scottmac

Suspended
Ray - how hard was it supporting the Mariners and having to write the type of articles and reporting the information that got around about the club the last few years?

Rosey - if you could choose any mariners player to have worn the shirt to play beside, who would it be and why?
- who's the greatest influence on your game and why?

Big Al

Rose was saying that oath the stupidest thing you have had to do?

Mark Rudan said on fox recently you've gone backwards in the last 12 months with TW as coach. Do you feel that is correct and what Is Paulo bringing to your game to help you improve as he played a similar position.

Holy

One for Liam Rose - He seem to have built up a good relationship with Luis Garcia last season. Has he been in regular contact and if so, is he offering any advice?

Coast Football Ramble

We talk to The Australian head football reporter Ray Gatt .
Defender extraordinaire Liam Rose joins us.
And we discuss the RBB echo, Roy, Izzo and our away day.

Holy

Another good job boys. :thumbup:

Gee Liam Rose is an impressive young guy, realises he's been given an opportunity at the Mariners that he wouldn't of got anywhere else and is making the most of it. I wonder how many good young guys want the same opportunity to be at the Mariners.

Interesting discussion regarding Roy. I really hope he stays but there is a limit. For mine, I'd break the bank to keep him. However, I hope we keep Bingham as well. He looks the goods.

Wombat

Watching Roy tonight I wouldnt break the bank.
I want to keep him but just replay his manager his two butchered chances tonight if they are starting to get carried away.

VicMariner

Watching Roy tonight I wouldnt break the bank.
I want to keep him but just replay his manager his two butchered chances tonight if they are starting to get carried away.
He is no Ibrahimovic, but he is top 5 HAL strikers imo.
Would shine with better service......

Forum Phoenix

Are there any stats on the ridiculous karmic notion that "it will all even itself out in the end.' Regarding bad refereeeing decisions.

Maybe broadly based the level of incompetence could be thought to be so consistent that it will level out. But referees are subject to biases.

As a Man Utd supporter, we clearly have been favoured imo.

But as a Mariners supporter... if things will magically even themselves out, then we must be in for a very good decade.

Last edited:

dibo

There are two dynamics in play.

The first is the notion that errors sum to zero. That's a common assumption in studies of behaviour, etc.

The second is confirmation bias. If we think we're hard done by (and when thinking about refs, everyone thinks refs are against them) we tend to put more weight on the errors that are against us than those that are for us.

Why do I think this probably bears out?

Because *nobody* thinks that refs favour their club. Everyone can think of times where they've been outrageously disadvantaged by the referee. But we're really bad at remembering times when we've been gifted an offside goal or a soft penalty.

In short, we're not objective observers.

I'm happy to lean on the first assumption - that errors sum to zero (or in other words, what goes around comes around) - until or unless I can see some objective reason not to. I'll still kick the cat and bark at the moon (figuratively speaking) every time I think a ref's done us over, but I'm not going to imagine that they're out to get us.

Tevor

I watch most games every week and without having a connection to every team I've witnessed some horror decisions and clear favouritism to certain teams (we all know who they are). Our complaints are merely whispers compared to when Arnie, Muscat etc take centre stage on the whinge express. Seemed players like Brosque could forgive the no penalty more given the clear advantages they received earlier in the year. The invincible tag probably shouldn't have made round 3.

Coast Football Ramble

Are there any stats on the ridiculous karmic notion that "it will all even itself out in the end.' Regarding bad refereeeing decisions.

Maybe broadly based the level on incompetence could be thought to be so consistent that it will level out. But referees are subject to biases.

As a Man Utd supporter, we clearly have been favoured imo.

But as a Mariners supporter... if things will magically even themselves out, then we must be in for a very good decade.

We started the interview at 5:45, I must have just missed you post.
We'll talk to him again later in the year, so I'll ask him then.

Episode will be up shortly.

FFC Mariner

Great effort this week.

The band have to be firmly put in their place. A dick sucking tifo perhaps? Seems to be all the rage with the cool kids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred