• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Champions League 2009-2010

dibo

tbf, this predicament was completely predictable. as i said in the off-season, if liverpool keep gerrard and torres on the park, we're apples. if not, we're in shit.

we've selected box number 2 this year.

benitez has to carry the can to an extent in that some of his big spends haven't worked out at all - babel's just the worst of them.

the owners have to carry the can to the extent that they think liverpool can win things while spending vastly less than other clubs. but the academy's got to scout and produce some talent too, or else we might as well settle in to mid-table mediocrity with the likes of everton.

serious14

Benitez confuses me on a daily basis tbh.  He can pull off these tactical masterstrokes in the big games, but when the pressure is really on, he wilts like..... something that wilts easily??  And as for his substitutions - well, let's just say that even Lawrie does a better job there.  ;)

Re: Babel - this was the kid that Marco van Basten himself said "this is the single best 21 year old I have ever seen".  Dig up a Guardian interview with Jermaine Pennant from 2 - 3 weeks ago if you can and read what he has to say about Rafa and his tactical restrictions regarding wingers - seems to be a common theme at Liverpool of late..... look at Harry for example - fair enough he was injured a lot of the time, but when he did get to play he wasn't exactly shit.... but did Rafa ever truly set him loose in the way he's been known to play for Australia??

dibo

what excuses are you after? i don't think you're going to get any excuses. i also don't think you're going to see a vote of confidence either.

there won't be a change of manager unless there's someone extraordinary knocking on the door with a resume in hand, and short of guus hiddink i don't think there's anyone really available and appropriate. i don't think he'd do the job - he said some years ago he's over the week to week grind of club stuff. he did chelsea for six months because abramovich tiled his house with gold bars.

so in the meantime, unless there's some serious money spent and some cover bought for the two talismanic permacrocks in the squad this is where liverpool is going to be for some time.

FFC Mariner

They cant afford to pay him out so he will stay.

Torres to run and do the badge kissing bit somewhere else in the summer methinks

serious14

icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

jarrad

Then it's obvious. Gillett & Hicks sell + Rafa out = Liverpool a possibility of winning silverware again. This is pathetic for a team with such a history.
If Torres and Gerrard leave, hello Championship...

serious14

And to think they have a sign at Anfield that reads "The Cream of Europe".

Might want to change it to "Europa"...... even then, Inter and Bayern will f*ck you up in that comp. this season. HA!!!

serious14

Surely Rafa couldn't be held on to if they don't finish 4th??

By all means keep him there, it's just too funny watching them slide further into mediocrity - but seriously, are they that skint??

:vhappy:

serious14

Meanwhile, Barca tore Inter apart last night, was utter utter sex to watch.  Hunt down the goals and highlights if you can, especially the second goal.  :eek:

serious14

Watching CSKA/Wolfsburg at the moment - the right winger for Moscow, Milos Krasic.... mark my words, will be at a big European club within a year, he is positively unstoppable. A right proper joy to watch.

*edit* As I wrote that, he smashed in a 30 yard belter to put CSKA 2-1 up. Faaaaaaaaaaaark me, what a hit.  ;D

bulldogmariner

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/118416,cska-moscow-facing-the-axe.aspx

This is some of the biggest news in years. The qualified for the last 16 today.

serious14

Lollerpool never cease to be funny.  Gilardino with the winner for Fiorentina in about the 99th minute. 

:tv:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred