• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Stadium

turbo

I wouldn't have thought the administrator would want to make such decisions in his temporary capacity but if the finances are as bad as projected its clear the council wont be able to do any substantial development itself in the short term. If MC and the club can make a proposal that's mutually beneficial and alleviates some financial burden from the council it might be hard to say no.

Pirate Pete

I understand your comment - but the difference here is that it is not 'the stadium'. It is a retail area leading as a sage gateway to the waterfront. The stadium is only open maybe 20-25 days a year. Retail could be open 365 days a year.

That said -in a Covid19 world does this even stack up. If there is a safe vaccine then by this time next year it probably would - at the moment probably less so.
Does anyone go to Gosford anymore though?
I thought it was strange when they were talking about selling the council building.
I know a couple of people who now work from home permanently. So is there need for more office space in Gosford?
And would retail get people there with Erina not far away. I'm not a shopper so I don't know the answer really.

pjennings

Does anyone go to Gosford anymore though?
I thought it was strange when they were talking about selling the council building.
I know a couple of people who now work from home permanently. So is there need for more office space in Gosford?
And would retail get people there with Erina not far away. I'm not a shopper so I don't know the answer really.

When I said retail I was talking about shops - not office space.

Does anyone go to Gosford anymore? That's a question the club has to look at. I suspect they are looking at all the new apartments that are being built in Gosford. I know that a lot of people that used to commute to Sydney are now working from home fulltime so maybe there is an increased market.

Certainly the dynamics of the equation have changed. We probably aren't as keen to hold the rights and Council are probably more keen to sell the right. Just as a stadium - without retail and with reduced crowds I would think that there is no way it would stack up. With retail, a vaccine and used more broadly for more events (with the club controlling the timing of events) then the Stadium rights may be worth it. Finding the right price is the problem. It needs to be worthwhile for the club - but we also cannot be seen as screwing the Council (and by extension the ratepayers) if we want the community to buy into it.

pjennings

The Council probably make money out of owning the stadium so you would expect them not to get rid of it
The Council have said they are losing money. Singo made money for years and only moved to the Racecourse because there was no Conference Area/ Industrial kitchen. They have taken the clubs plans and said they wanted to deliver the plan themselves but now don't have the money to follow through.

Avoca

This post (& stadium debate) was started in 2016. Back then, Mike Charlesworth had some foresight & said:

“The council don’t have the resources to do much with the stadium,” he offered. “They’ve been running it for 20 years and haven’t attracted other content.”

It’s now 2020 and MC was correct. Nothing has changed.

Maybe now a middle ground can be found, & a private investor can run the stadium.

I urge fans to go back & read the first post.

turbo

More info about the debts came out today and I believe it’s a lot worse than initially expected. As long as they don’t try to treat the administrator like an idiot I don’t see why they couldn’t get the proposal seriously looked at in the coming months.

Pirate Pete

When I said retail I was talking about shops - not office space.

Does anyone go to Gosford anymore? That's a question the club has to look at. I suspect they are looking at all the new apartments that are being built in Gosford. I know that a lot of people that used to commute to Sydney are now working from home fulltime so maybe there is an increased market.

Certainly the dynamics of the equation have changed. We probably aren't as keen to hold the rights and Council are probably more keen to sell the right. Just as a stadium - without retail and with reduced crowds I would think that there is no way it would stack up. With retail, a vaccine and used more broadly for more events (with the club controlling the timing of events) then the Stadium rights may be worth it. Finding the right price is the problem. It needs to be worthwhile for the club - but we also cannot be seen as screwing the Council (and by extension the ratepayers) if we want the community to buy into it.
Yes, I realise that.
I did mention retail, asking would people go to Gosford instead of Erina.

More info about the debts came out today and I believe it’s a lot worse than initially expected. As long as they don’t try to treat the administrator like an idiot I don’t see why they couldn’t get the proposal seriously looked at in the coming months.
The initial figure was $89 million.
I've heard $320 million quoted a couple of times.

Pirate Pete

565 million. A few posts on various Facebook pages about it.
picard.gif

Avoca

Having utilised an Interim Administrator, I can assume that Dick Persson’s final figure on council will be a whopper.

Naturally, local government will be in limbo.

The Mariner’s need a guarantee from council that sport & tourism will still be a priority in Gosford (& its neighbouring suburbs).

turbo

Yeah, but Turbo says it's on Facebook, so it must be true.
It’s from the administrators report today. ABC Central Coast being one source, unless you think they aren’t a reliable source?

Edit - how about a more direct link.

I’m not pushing some rubbish gossip as fact

Last edited:

Avoca

It’s from the administrators report today. ABC Central Coast being one source, unless you think they aren’t a reliable source?
You’re spot-on, Turbo. Check the ABC, folks. I’ll have a read of it now. $565 million!

Insertnamehere

$200m spent illegally. Wonder who signed those documents. Need the forensic team that came up with Guilty Gladys's shredded documents.

Edit - how about a more direct link.

I’m not pushing some rubbish gossip as fact

turbo

$200m spent illegally. Wonder who signed those documents. Need the forensic team that came up with Guilty Gladys's shredded documents.
Some serious problems going on there. Probably fortunate for a few people that governments are exempt from trading while insolvent laws.

Avoca

Here are a few points to consider from the ABC article:

1. The council is on the brink of being unable to pay 2,000 of its staff.
  2. It’s been alleged there’s been unlawful use of millions in restricted funds.
  3. Expect significant rate hikes to fix the recovery plan

FFC Mariner

Here are a few points to consider from the ABC article:

1. The council is on the brink of being unable to pay 2,000 of its staff.
  2. It’s been alleged there’s been unlawful use of millions in restricted funds.
  3. Expect significant rate hikes to fix the recovery plan
And the same inept f**kwits who were supposed to have over sight will probably stand again at the next election too.

Fancy signing off on a performance review for the CEO where he didn't provide financial kpi data

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb