• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Michael

On another note and I might be reading too much into this, Birraz posted passport photos for his kids today on Insta. Getting passports ready means only one thing as I'm sure he isn't planning an overseas holiday mid season with his young family. I get the feeling he will be departing for Japan very soon.

that’s sadly a big sign
I mean given the rumour… What other reason would he and his partner be preparing their kids to go overseas..

pjennings

that’s sadly a big sign
I mean given the rumour… What other reason would he and his partner be preparing their kids to go overseas..
Maybe - but it is for his youngest. A professional footballer does move. Having passports for all the family would be a normal thing to do.

Could be be a move is on - or it could be he is getting a passport ready for a later move. I gather the rest of the family already have theirs. Child passports are valid for 5 years and he is signed here for another year and a half. If he does goes at least we should get a decent fee.

pjennings

With Matty back in training, I find it hard to believe we'd be looking at him seriously. However, I'm not making the plans and don't know what's going to happen before the window closes

Yes and no. Hopefully Matty makes it back on the field but there are other things to consider.

1) Matty's contract is up at the end of the year. He is a very physical player who will be turning 37 this time next year. i.e. it is very likely his last season.

2) With Covid happening and a very fluid schedule there are likely to be quite a few mid week games

3) If we qualify for the ACL we have an additional mid week game plus probable travel on 15th March and we if we get through that 6 other games in April from 18th April - 28th April. The group stage, each group will be played on a double round-robin basis in centralised venues. 6 games in 11 games will mean heavy squad rotation. It will also mean postponed games here that will need to be made up midweek.

If we did sign Cummings I would expect it to be for 2-3 years with clauses covering the club. If we can rehabilitate his career then hopefully he stays but if we have a decent length contract we should get a decent fee even if it elsewhere in the AFC.

scottmac

Suspended
So who we gonna sign as keeper? We've got Rizzo and Caruso, do we think they'll be trusted with the spot? Vukovic on loan? Someone else?

Coastalraider

If we do lose Birraz, it’s a unique time in recent history for us to not ‘require’ a top flight keeper to cover the inadequate backline. Add to that we are actually competitive, hopefully a chance to play ACL, and we are a bloody attractive proposition.

pjennings

Tristan Prendergast from Blacktown, would be worth a look. Chris Oldfield is now at Altona Magic who didn't do well last season. He was a good keeper so it could be a reflection of the team. Unfortunately Aidan Munford has gone to Roar. with his knowledge of our back four he would be a very good fit.

Pirate Pete

Tristan Prendergast from Blacktown, would be worth a look. Chris Oldfield is now at Altona Magic who didn't do well last season. He was a good keeper so it could be a reflection of the team. Unfortunately Aidan Munford has gone to Roar. with his knowledge of our back four he would be a very good fit.
I thought I read Aidan Munford was a short term deal.
But I'm not sure how short.

Kilsin

Why not - both from his club's and his point of view wouldn't he be better keeping sharp rather than sitting on the bench - even if he is able to be recalled if the first keeper is injured.
Fair point, I just don't want to get my hopes up, he's a legend and I would love to see him here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred