• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Tevor

. doubt it

. i don't know the current rules but i think it was actually less previously i.e. ALM allowed 5 foreigners, ACL allowed 4+1 ... or something like that

. Cy could be our +1?
I think you are on the money with less, the ACL can sometimes upset Visa players as you generally have to leave one out and it can get some noses out of joint as Visa players want to play on the bigger stage. We could leave Muller out as he rarely plays anyway!

turbo

I think you are on the money with less, the ACL can sometimes upset Visa players as you generally have to leave one out and it can get some noses out of joint as Visa players want to play on the bigger stage. We could leave Muller out as he rarely plays anyway!
We wouldn’t need to leave anyone out. Cy’s Japanese background should make him our Asian + 1 player so there’s no issues. As for managing the squad that has happened a bit but IMO that’s on the clubs involved for not looking to Asia.

pjennings

EXTROVERT WOULD-BE SOCCEROO POISED TO SWAP SCOTLAND FOR A-LEAGUE​

By Dave Lewis Jan 19 2022 5:00PM

Maverick would-be Socceroo Jason Cummings is in advanced talks with Central Coast Mariners over a free transfer to the A-League club from Scottish Premiership strugglers Dundee.​

Out of favour at the Dark Blues for disciplinary breaches, the extrovert striker was first linked with A-League's Mariners in December after a spat with Dundee coach James McPake appeared to signal his Dens Park exit.
At the time, Edinburgh-born Cummings - who has dual Scottish and Australian nationality - wasn’t sold on coming Down Under.
However, sources in Scotland have revealed that the 26-year-old ex-Hibernian, Nottingham Forest and Rangers front-runner has had a change of heart, and will head to Gosford during the January transfer window if Dundee - second bottom of the SPL - agree to release him.
One sticking point is a paucity of firepower at the club, with McPake keen to tee up a replacement before sanctioning Cummings’ exit.
Once on Graham Arnold’s watch list, Cummings has scored 11 goals in 29 games since joining Dundee a year ago from League One Shrewsbury Town.
He was back on the bench overnight as the Dees lost 2-0 to Livingston, after being frozen out for turning up “completely unfit” to train off the back of attending a gala show in Glasgow decked out as the Joker from Batman.
McPake didn’t see the funny side and swiftly banished him to training with the development squad.
Eligible for the Socceroos through Perth-born mother Tracey, Cummings played alongside Scottish-born Australia winger Martin Boyle at Easter Road, netting 55 goals in 114 appearances across four seasons.
Dundee are the seventh club in six years for Cummings, a Scottish Cup winner with Hibs in 2016.
The flamboyant forward idolises flawed genius Paul Gascoigne, and is a self confessed throwback to the ‘80s and ‘90s when football was awash with characters and lacked the rigid disciplines of the modern day.
He told this correspondent last year - “I think I was born in the wrong generation”.
But it’s his proven goalscoring ability that has attracted Mariners coach Nick Montgomery, as he seeks to cement the club’s position among the A-League pacesetters.
Though older brother Dean plays for NPL side Sorrento in Perth, Cummings has yet to venture to Australia but said last year “it would be brilliant” to one day try his luck here.
“I’ve got an Australian passport and I’m choking to get over there, even if I don’t get a call-up (for the national team),” he added.

Kilsin

EXTROVERT WOULD-BE SOCCEROO POISED TO SWAP SCOTLAND FOR A-LEAGUE​

By Dave Lewis Jan 19 2022 5:00PM

Maverick would-be Socceroo Jason Cummings is in advanced talks with Central Coast Mariners over a free transfer to the A-League club from Scottish Premiership strugglers Dundee.​

Out of favour at the Dark Blues for disciplinary breaches, the extrovert striker was first linked with A-League's Mariners in December after a spat with Dundee coach James McPake appeared to signal his Dens Park exit.
At the time, Edinburgh-born Cummings - who has dual Scottish and Australian nationality - wasn’t sold on coming Down Under.
However, sources in Scotland have revealed that the 26-year-old ex-Hibernian, Nottingham Forest and Rangers front-runner has had a change of heart, and will head to Gosford during the January transfer window if Dundee - second bottom of the SPL - agree to release him.
One sticking point is a paucity of firepower at the club, with McPake keen to tee up a replacement before sanctioning Cummings’ exit.
Once on Graham Arnold’s watch list, Cummings has scored 11 goals in 29 games since joining Dundee a year ago from League One Shrewsbury Town.
He was back on the bench overnight as the Dees lost 2-0 to Livingston, after being frozen out for turning up “completely unfit” to train off the back of attending a gala show in Glasgow decked out as the Joker from Batman.
McPake didn’t see the funny side and swiftly banished him to training with the development squad.
Eligible for the Socceroos through Perth-born mother Tracey, Cummings played alongside Scottish-born Australia winger Martin Boyle at Easter Road, netting 55 goals in 114 appearances across four seasons.
Dundee are the seventh club in six years for Cummings, a Scottish Cup winner with Hibs in 2016.
The flamboyant forward idolises flawed genius Paul Gascoigne, and is a self confessed throwback to the ‘80s and ‘90s when football was awash with characters and lacked the rigid disciplines of the modern day.
He told this correspondent last year - “I think I was born in the wrong generation”.
But it’s his proven goalscoring ability that has attracted Mariners coach Nick Montgomery, as he seeks to cement the club’s position among the A-League pacesetters.
Though older brother Dean plays for NPL side Sorrento in Perth, Cummings has yet to venture to Australia but said last year “it would be brilliant” to one day try his luck here.
“I’ve got an Australian passport and I’m choking to get over there, even if I don’t get a call-up (for the national team),” he added.

Like I said previously if Monty can tame him and he bangs goals for us then let's gooo!

Pirate Pete

When this bloke was first mentioned on here first of all I thought, so he went and got pissed, so what. We'll take him

Then when I saw what else he'd got up to I changed my mind.

Then from what I read he'd been egged on by team mates on some of his escapades. I changed my mind again.

Come on downunder Cumdog Dundee.

Insertnamehere

I hate when guys say 'I was born in the wrong generation' as an excuse for being a dickwad. The reason the best players got away with their shenanigans is because they were the best players. Its survivor bias. Plenty of dickwads went nowhere because they were dickwads without ability.

scottmac

Suspended
I hate when guys say 'I was born in the wrong generation' as an excuse for being a dickwad. The reason the best players got away with their shenanigans is because they were the best players. Its survivor bias. Plenty of dickwads went nowhere because they were dickwads without ability.
I'm sorry but players of yesteryear never had their shenanigans outed by the masses on social media. Not much could be proven (and thank f**k I grew up in that era) so you've no idea if players were a dickwad or not unless it was caught by the media.

pjennings

I think that this might actually be a smart play. Looking at our OS players - they all seem astute signings - probably all pretty cheap but with upsides in terms of what they add to the squad

Moresche, Goddard and Nkololo all signed until 2023 - still young (23,24 and 25) and may want moves if they have good seasons. A good season by a young OS player will attract more interest from around the world. I'm not talking huge money - but much more than an Australia with a similar season

The older OS players -

Urena signed until 2023 - wants to play in the World Cup so is looking for a big season. Seems to be settled on the coast - adds a lot of leadership and professionalism to the squad.

Muller - only signed for this season (34) - class player but really hasn't shown much since a cruciate injury 5 or 6 years ago. Looks as fit as he has been for quite a while. If he gets on the field and can stay fit he may be a revelation and if so I hope we extend him. If he doesn't we probably haven't spent much.

Cummings probably fits somewhere between the two. He is 26 - but is a proven goal scorer when given the chance. If we sign him I suspect we have have a lot of clauses to protect the club. But from his point of view, he has been badmouthed a lot over the last few years. If Monty can get him to settle down and players like Urena and Moresche can feed him he could have a vey big season here.

Coastalraider

A couple of points.

if Cummins comes over, we have 3 starting strikers…. Our South American pairing is starting to show signs of true greatness, but Cummings isn’t leaving a bench in Scotland to sit in a bench in Australia. How this trio operates will be crucial to team harmony, and it’s a real risk. Would Urena drop into a 10 role and we have a formation change? If so, who would miss out? Nizz? Cy? Nkololo? Interesting stuff.

The other interesting point is that a player like this would be good for the league. There is a real lack of ‘characters’ at the moment - players of the Berisha mould who teams and fans love to hate, that generate passion and discussion. These type of stories sell. If Monty can focus this right internally, it could be very good for us.

Signing this guy will be Monty’s biggest challenge.

Ads

I’m a bit suspect on it as why would you change or disrupt a winning formula.

Even through we are struggling on putting away some easy chances we are still getting the results.

Is this something Ken and Monty have searched out or……

Is it another little publicity stunt aimed at bringing interest to the A-League or just our club to re-spark some attention.

Hope it is all talk for publicity without disrupting the team.

A couple of points.

if Cummins comes over, we have 3 starting strikers…. Our South American pairing is starting to show signs of true greatness, but Cummings isn’t leaving a bench in Scotland to sit in a bench in Australia. How this trio operates will be crucial to team harmony, and it’s a real risk. Would Urena drop into a 10 role and we have a formation change? If so, who would miss out? Nizz? Cy? Nkololo? Interesting stuff.

The other interesting point is that a player like this would be good for the league. There is a real lack of ‘characters’ at the moment - players of the Berisha mould who teams and fans love to hate, that generate passion and discussion. These type of stories sell. If Monty can focus this right internally, it could be very good for us.

Signing this guy will be Monty’s biggest challenge.

shipwreck

With Matty back in training, I find it hard to believe we'd be looking at him seriously. However, I'm not making the plans and don't know what's going to happen before the window closes
Yeh agree with this, it made sense if Matty was cooked for the season, but not it seems like an unnecessary move

Tevor

On another note and I might be reading too much into this, Birraz posted passport photos for his kids today on Insta. Getting passports ready means only one thing as I'm sure he isn't planning an overseas holiday mid season with his young family. I get the feeling he will be departing for Japan very soon.

pjennings

On another note and I might be reading too much into this, Birraz posted passport photos for his kids today on Insta. Getting passports ready means only one thing as I'm sure he isn't planning an overseas holiday mid season with his young family. I get the feeling he will be departing for Japan very soon.
Hopefully just getting ready to travel to our ACL engagements!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami