• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Melange

With signings, re-signings and rumours being announced I thought it was time to think ahead.

This is the latest list I can find of players signed on for next season (thanks to @pjennings):

2022 - (4)

Bozanic
Miller
Nisbet
Stensness

A good start and hopefully a few more are re-signed and pending announcement, most important from the current squad imo are:
Birra
Ruon
Rowles
DDS
Urena

Plenty of others on the current list I'd keep on too, but what are we in most need of?

Our fullbacks have been serviceable this year but I'd love to see at least one signing to improve this position and we definitely need a starting striker and a back up.

Would you take Murray back, see how he goes with better service? Buhagiar? Or is there someone out of left field you can think of? Krishna, Yuel? Do you see other priorities?

FFC Mariner

We started the season with Ziggy aka Dogs name as starting RB and that role hasnt been filled. I dont think L F Miller or Nigro are AL top 6 quality and we do need a starter there.

Hopefully Hall and Ballard are retained as young prospects.

We will also need a back up keeper if Pearce goes.

Striker(s) and full backs is probably our current weak spots but I'm sure the club are already looking towards next season

Big Al

Isn’t Olli only here for the second season if he can’t get overseas? Not sure but thought i heard that.

Would be great to get him to stay and build a team instead of changing every year but with our financial problems it’s understandable

Last edited:

pjennings

I'd be looking at

Birighitti - definite
Bouman - still young shows a bit but needs fitness and composure in front of goal
De Silva - if he doesn't go OS
Hall - definite
Rowles - definite
Tongyik - definite
Urena - definite

Clisby - not as a automatic starter
Nigro - not as an automatic starter
Janota - not sure - I suspect there is a very good footballer in there but will he show it.
Miller - in for 2022 but needs to show a lot more

Not sure about the rules for scholarships so I won't comment on those two.

So starting LB and RB. An extra CB backup (Glassock?). A backup keeper.

A both sided midfield/winger. DDS and Nizzy have done will there but you miss one and we look unbalanced. I would try a sneaky loan for the final year of Mabil's contract. I know he would want to move elsewhere in Europe but he is mostly only being used as a sub. Good game time will only push up his value.

A replacement for Kuol and possibly a replacement for Simon.

Last edited:

turbo

Worth noting that it seems like the league will move back to summer with the upcoming broadcast deal so potentially a shorter turn around depending on how the dates fall. I'd be surprised if we haven't kicked off by mid November depending on the broadcasters priorities and willingness to overlap their offerings. Wonder if we'll see international breaks this time round with world cup qualifying still on and quarantine unlikely to go away.

Melange

Some handy names on this list

A few of the more interesting ones listed:
Risdon - I'm assuming his absence is mostly due to injury, but such a stalled career after the highlights of the world cup;
Burgess - same agent as Ibini, apparently has walked out on Western (who can blame him really?) and wanting a move back to his home town ie WSW or Bling. Is he a risk now he's shown his sulky character? Another stalled career.
Hyphen and Boojgard - surely the scum will need at least one new CB next season.
It also has Nis listed????

I either don't think we could afford some of the fullbacks on that list, or know enough about some of them cause they haven't had much game time, but there's not much choice there.

Forwards, I think we'll need a sneaky left field pick up ala McBreen, Hemed is only a one season signing for the Chickens. I wonder, if they stay, whether a Bouman/Urena combination is our best bet? Or, though some on here don't want Buhagiar/Murray, it may come down to lack of choice.

Melange

I'd be looking at

Birighitti - definite
Bouman - still young shows a bit but needs fitness and composure in front of goal
De Silva - if he doesn't go OS
Hall - definite
Rowles - definite
Tongyik - definite
Urena - definite

Clisby - not as a automatic starter
Nigro - not as an automatic starter
Janota - not sure - I suspect there is a very good footballer in there but will he show it.
Miller - in for 2022 but needs to show a lot more

Not sure about the rules for scholarships so I won't comment on those two.

So starting LB and RB. An extra CB backup (Glassock?). A backup keeper.

A both sided midfield/winger. DDS and Nizzy have done will there but you miss one and we look unbalanced. I would try a sneaky loan for the final year of Mabil's contract. I know he would want to move elsewhere in Europe but he is mostly only being used as a sub. Good game time will only push up his value.

A replacement for Kuol and possibly a replacement for Simon.

I like your thinking, though I think Miller showed in his CB cameo that he's more comfortable there and Hall looked good. So happier with the depth there as long as we don't lose both Ruon and Kye long term, touch wood.

I'm really hoping Janota turns into a big player for us.

pjennings

I like your thinking, though I think Miller showed in his CB cameo that he's more comfortable there and Hall looked good. So happier with the depth there as long as we don't lose both Ruon and Kye long term, touch wood.

I'm really hoping Janota turns into a big player for us.
While Lewis Miller is notionally a CB he seems to be playing at RB in the few times I have seen him in NPL2. I think he may be a bit hot-headed so maybe Staj and Monty could see that as a liability for him playing in the middle

pjennings

If you look at Murray's development and compare it to Matty at a similar age their output is very similar. Not saying we shouldn't aim higher but composure at a higher level can take time and players develop at different rates. If we can't get someone better then rather than Muz or Trent why not both. It all depends on money and who is available.

pjennings

Worth noting that it seems like the league will move back to summer with the upcoming broadcast deal so potentially a shorter turn around depending on how the dates fall. I'd be surprised if we haven't kicked off by mid November depending on the broadcasters priorities and willingness to overlap their offerings. Wonder if we'll see international breaks this time round with world cup qualifying still on and quarantine unlikely to go away.
There seems to be a lot of speculation in that direction - but very little of it from anyone that has a reliable record of getting stories right.

The media deal (in particular the Australian media deal) is only part of what the APL is looking at for funding. Given the talk was $35M for a Australia media deal last month and now the the talk is $20M leads me to speculate that maybe the winter season is now the favourite and the Australia media has pulled back their offers. Why would the APL want that? Maybe the OS funding offers more than the $10-15M lost by going to winter.

What will we end up with? Buggered if I know and I suspect that most of the media don't know either. The low ball seems to be $20M and no OS money. The top line is unknown.

I would also expect that International breaks will be included in the next deal.

Big Al

There seems to be a lot of speculation in that direction - but very little of it from anyone that has a reliable record of getting stories right.

The media deal (in particular the Australian media deal) is only part of what the APL is looking at for funding. Given the talk was $35M for a Australia media deal last month and now the the talk is $20M leads me to speculate that maybe the winter season is now the favourite and the Australia media has pulled back their offers. Why would the APL want that? Maybe the OS funding offers more than the $10-15M lost by going to winter.

What will we end up with? Buggered if I know and I suspect that most of the media don't know either. The low ball seems to be $20M and no OS money. The top line is unknown.

I would also expect that International breaks will be included in the next deal.
Apparently it is down to channel 10 and their new streaming service linked to their American owners and channel 9 and stan

Channel 10 would be clear to put the games on in winter at any time and nine would be clear for the Saturday night game as they don’t have rugby league on Saturday

Insertnamehere

Apparently it is down to channel 10 and their new streaming service linked to their American owners and channel 9 and stan

Channel 10 would be clear to put the games on in winter at any time and nine would be clear for the Saturday night game as they don’t have rugby league on Saturday
Had this discussion with a mate, if 10 can do for iAL what they did for BBL its massive for the code. But I also have mates who are keen Ruggas and they rate what 9 has done for rugby coverage.

Either way I think its better than what fox can offer. Because of in-house FTA plus more cash

turbo

Had this discussion with a mate, if 10 can do for iAL what they did for BBL its massive for the code. But I also have mates who are keen Ruggas and they rate what 9 has done for rugby coverage.

Either way I think its better than what fox can offer. Because of in-house FTA plus more cash
Biggest issue with Fox for me is the declining care factor. Less cameras, non existent promotion, often little to no pre game and whatever the hell was going on with the W league. They havent been interested in pushing the league forward for a while, they would rather low ball.

The club sent out an email and SMS re renewals auto renewing in June. Not conclusive but seems to suggest an early rather than later start date. Why renew in June if you dont kick off until Jan 2022?

pjennings

The club sent out an email and SMS re renewals auto renewing in June. Not conclusive but seems to suggest an early rather than later start date. Why renew in June if you dont kick off until Jan 2022?
Yep - just got that - it certainly does suggest that

sydmariner

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami