• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Melange

italiano is the biggest wage thief of the last 6 seasons of the aleague. I will vomit if he rocks up on the coast

55 not saying I want Italiano, just noting the two more experienced keepers available. I'm hoping Monty has a younger alternative in mind though. But as a back up of wage demand aren't high I think Tando would be good value

pjennings

I'm not sure where I want the extra visa player. We have 4 strikers and may play only 1. I'm not sure how attacking Beni is. LB and RB both are inexperienced and CM only has Ollie and Niz.

Assuming 1 visa player is signed I would like the quad to be either from the Academy or have been at the Academy. i.e. Munford as GK, Arok and Glassock as CB cover, maybe even Steve Whyte. The connection to the Coast will be important to keep people interested in coming through the Academy knowing they will get a chance.

It will be interesting to see what Monty does.

Insertnamehere

I'm not sure where I want the extra visa player. We have 4 strikers and may play only 1. I'm not sure how attacking Beni is. LB and RB both are inexperienced and CM only has Ollie and Niz.

Assuming 1 visa player is signed I would like the quad to be either from the Academy or have been at the Academy. i.e. Munford as GK, Arok and Glassock as CB cover, maybe even Steve Whyte. The connection to the Coast will be important to keep people interested in coming through the Academy knowing they will get a chance.

It will be interesting to see what Monty does.
Like the opportunity for all those young guys to come run in the first team. Sure as backups though.

Ozhammer

Howdy all, big fan but down in Canberra I'm a bit out of the loop about our youngsters coming through. Can anyone give me a bit of a rundown on the guys coming through we haven't seen too much from yet, e.g., Balard, Cahill etc?
Monty rates Ballard highly as a 6 or 8 and thinks he has the potential to be an even better player than Stens. Cahill has the additional experience of some time in HK, so should be better for it and hopefully his injury woes are behind him. Dan Hall looks an exciting prospect and we have already seen glimpses during the last campaign, hopefully Monty’s belief in player development, will see all of our younger players improve. We have seen snatches of Hatch and Smylie in the first team, so it will be interesting to see how they become integrated into the team, as I know there was some frustration at the lack of game time some of the young players got last season, which did nothing for their development.

Wombat

Monty rates Ballard highly as a 6 or 8 and thinks he has the potential to be an even better player than Stens. Cahill has the additional experience of some time in HK, so should be better for it and hopefully his injury woes are behind him. Dan Hall looks an exciting prospect and we have already seen glimpses during the last campaign, hopefully Monty’s belief in player development, will see all of our younger players improve. We have seen snatches of Hatch and Smylie in the first team, so it will be interesting to see how they become integrated into the team, as I know there was some frustration at the lack of game time some of the young players got last season, which did nothing for their development.
We are here to win games, not lose games just to blood inexperienced Youth. Smylie and Hatch got a lot more minutes here than they would have at any other club. Max got a starting role one game but had to be hooked as he struggled and he will better prepared after last season.
Quality will always rise to the top but unless you are a Wayne Rooney don't expect to cruise into the first team at a tender age.

pjennings

We are here to win games, not lose games just to blood inexperienced Youth. Smylie and Hatch got a lot more minutes here than they would have at any other club. Max got a starting role one game but had to be hooked as he struggled and he will better prepared after last season.
Quality will always rise to the top but unless you are a Wayne Rooney don't expect to cruise into the first team at a tender age.
I wouldn't expect any of Farrell, Miller (maybe - but I prefer Hall), Hatch, Cahill, Tsekenis, Ballard or Smylie or indeed our new backup keeper (when he arrives) to be normal starters. They will get their chances when injuries and suspensions happen and as replacements during the game. They have to make the case to be starters i.e. grab their chances when they come along and make it hard to be dropped back down.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Hall will end the season a regular starter (he would be from Day 1 if it was up to me). Kid oozes class. Can step up to DM too. Best youth prospect we have had for a while
Dont bet against Farrell or Ballard either.
Think Tsekenis is a year or so off although being mentored by Urena would be a real help - I really think Tsekenis could make it but maybe not this season.
Smylie? I dont know, I dont think so unless he wants to be a right sided attacker - is like a less unco Kwas. Quick, reads the game well (he is a clever kid) but if he has time..............
Hatch? Love his energy and work rate - really lifts the tempo but he cant defend and I'm not sure he is an out and out winger either.

FFC Mariner

You can blood 1 or 2 youngsters if you have experience around them Our failings were effectively playing a youth team and wondering why it ssnt work

Corsair

Starting to raise my eyebrows at our lack of signings compared to other clubs. Particularly when the Jets strategy seems to be sign all the players in the world so there's none left for anyone else!

turbo

Starting to raise my eyebrows at our lack of signings compared to other clubs. Particularly when the Jets strategy seems to be sign all the players in the world so there's none left for anyone else!
Looking at what actually need we aren't in a bad spot. We retained a lot of the core, have some new faces and academy stepping up. There's a rumor of a visa player on the way not sure what position. Main area I think we need to strengthen is right back and the rest is depth which isnt going to be big news anyway.

Tevor

Yeah they will be a totally different looking team this season. I'm thinking it may be an attempt to get them performing better so their crowds return and find a buyer.

I wrote us off last season only to be pleasantly surprised, the Covid situation did help us with other teams not spending up big and we were clearly one of the fitter teams early in the season. I did feel the League caught up to us and we hung on after a good start.

Not sure how I feel this season yet, really want Monty to succeed and be a long term manager for us. I'm definitely excited for the new season after the last however there has been some interesting movements and signings for a lot of teams. Will be a lot harder to get off to a flying start again I feel.

Ironbark

I feel like the fitness and discipline will be there again, and I hope where we improve is in tactical flexibility - rather than essentially Staj's version of Plan A being repeated.

Monty will expect a lot of his players but will also develop them.

We have some pretty decent signings come on board too imo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred