• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Ozhammer

Reminds me of the joke about the young footballer who gets plucked from the amateur leagues by a big club and just before his starting debut, the manager says to him:

“I don’t want you to be over-nervous son but if you’re playing shite I will have to pull you off at half time”

To which the you kid replied:

“Geez, that’s brilliant gaffer, I only used to get oranges at half time at my old club”

Boom tish, I’ll get my coat. :headbounce:

pjennings

Did Mitch Duke like playing with Muller? Did he leave the Coast on good terms? He probably is still after a payday

But he would have fond memories of playing with Monty, Ollie, Matty and also played with Muller at WSW. Would be good to get another of the old band back.

marinermick

Did Mitch Duke like playing with Muller? Did he leave the Coast on good terms? He probably is still after a payday

But he would have fond memories of playing with Monty, Ollie, Matty and also played with Muller at WSW. Would be good to get another of the old band back.

We wouldn’t be able to afford him.

If we sign Ruon we will go close to cap floor in my opinion - Urena, Muller and Ollie’s wages along with upgrades for Birraz, Rowles Hall and Ruon.

We may be able to squeeze out one more quality import or a couple more solid Aussie players but Duke is way out of the equation, if he ever was.

pjennings

Does anyone that goes regularly to the watch the NPL2 side know what formation/s Monty plays? Does he change formations?

Drew

I don’t know about you guys, but for me, a midfield that includes Ollie, stens, nizzy and muller all in it somewhere, looks very exciting! Just need a striker to partner urena and some wide players and our attack could be very dangerous this year!

pjennings

I don’t know about you guys, but for me, a midfield that includes Ollie, stens, nizzy and muller all in it somewhere, looks very exciting! Just need a striker to partner urena and some wide players and our attack could be very dangerous this year!
Hence my question about formations. He can also play as a CF or SS

With Muller up front with Marcos and assuming Ruon? and including a couple of rumours we could line up

------------------Birra---------------------

Hall---Ruon?---Rowles----Noah Smith?

----------------Ollie---------------

----Nizz-----------------Stens---------

------------Baumjohann-------------

--------Urena---------Muller

ccm16

Also a decent fullback would be nice

midfielder

With Muller up front with Marcos and assuming Ruon? and including a couple of rumours we could line up

Dimond shaped midfield, Ollie as the deep sitting 6, Nizz & Stens as the work your arse off 8's with Baumjohann as the creative 10 ....

Rising Sun

Does anyone that goes regularly to the watch the NPL2 side know what formation/s Monty plays? Does he change formations?
It has generally been a similar set up to the first grade but I assume this is as a matter of club policy rather than necessarily reflecting his own preferences.

He has had different set ups to reflect the available players at times and has changed during games when needed.

turbo

I really like that setup but we will need the wide backs to provide width going forward. I dont think Hall starts regularly though - more likely to be Miller based on who we have. Though I could see that changing based on who we play and if playing on the counter or more aggressively.

Also would really need some depth for that midfield diamond.

pjennings

I really like that setup but we will need the wide backs to provide width going forward. I dont think Hall starts regularly though - more likely to be Miller based on who we have. Though I could see that changing based on who we play and if playing on the counter or more aggressively.

Also would really need some depth for that midfield diamond.
If we hold onto Bouman and Casella they can provide some backup. Nizz or Stens could drop back if Ollie is out.

true believer

we need pace up front bj is just not needed .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred