• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Football Branch title squads

The Smart one

Once again Central Coast Football are preparing to rip off the players who wish to take part in these tournaments. My understanding, if you are a current Lightning player you pay $500 and get nothing only the uniform you have currently which I believe Central Coast lightning uniform not Central Coast Football, in otherwords wear second hand gear, it will be ok with a lightning badge. If you are not a Lightning player, $600 and get a tracksuit and a lightning uniform. This not about picking the best kids or making them proud to represent the Central Coast, this is about paying off debt. They have already charged Lightning kids $950 for this 2008 campaign and now want another 500. Why are they allowed to get away with this, its not the fault of the parents or the kids, they did not create the debt, the people who are still in charge the board created by mis management and now everyone suffers for it. Other associaitons are charging anything form $150 to $350 and you get the whole kit, tracksuit, training and playing uniforms, bag the works. When will things ever change. You only have to look at the website even thats outdated with old news, still advertises the mariners, lighning game, nothing changes and nothing will ever change untill the clubs stand up and be counted.   

masmariner

We know the clubs won't stand up and be counted they don't have the b___s.

Football will go nowhere on the coast until someone takes a stand, long suffer the players I'm afraid and the parents paying $$$$$$ to support other's.

Remember an ancient Chinese saying is that the fish rots from the head 

headcase

Central Coast is the only Association that competes in the NSW State Titles on its own as a branch - all of the other branches are combinations of at least three associations - but of course people like the smart one would know that. How much does it cost to register a player, and pay for their accommodation, meals, transport to games. The additional $100 for non Lightning players pay for their gear that they dont already have. And the $950 is low by most standards which are well over the $1000 mark. None of this money pays off any debt - it covers costs. If you've got an issue with CCF why don't you do something about it and stand for a position - I'm sure you'd get voted on to the board or a committee with such fantastic knowledge and insight into the game's administration.

FFC Mariner

Watching the shambles that is Lightning (as an organisation not the players/coaching staff) I am amazed that CCM would have anything to do with them TBH.

I suspect anyone trying to support them will draw a fair bit of flack from people who are "in the know", so stand by.

Another CC rep side that is properly funded by,say, people with money might show them up for what they are as well as creaming off any talent.

This thread promises to be interesting to say the least.

masmariner

" None of this money pays off any debt - it covers costs." Funny how the debt never gets paid off.

Headcase please advise as you obviously know the current debt by CCF. ?

Headcase can you tell me how the $300'000 state goverment grant was spent. ?

How much extra is next year's lightning rego going to be. ?

Also how much to park in Pluim soon $20 ? or to watch lightning games. ?

FFC Mariner

We need to look at some obvious facts off the field and wonder where the money goes

1) Shit facilities at Pluim, tatty and run down to say the least

2) Terrible playing surface that also implies lack of $$- last night, half the friggin pitch was dirt and the other half the grass was too long.

3) $10 to go to see Lightning or 2/3 of the cost of a GA ticket to the Mariners.

masmariner

Yes right there Greenpole, unfortunately at Pluim this morning reminds me  of a 'derelict' environment much like Cheronbyl after twenty years.

There are mouldy sign boards all around the field that need either a bleach or painting, main field is a disgrace watched the girls twelve's and the ball kept pulling up in the long grass as they don't pass or kick that hard.

Is $10 a new thing though for lightning games. ? in the past years we haven't payed maybe that's to do with being a member of another club. ?

Good one here though went last night to watch first grade as I didn't see under 20's ( had finished already) the gateperson let me in for $5 only, still got a ticket but as he got $5 instead of $10 this shows how easy it is for money to go missing, does a responsible person check ca$$$$$h taken through the gate 'me thinks not.'

P.S. Does anybody know if the canteen is making money. ?

I heard the CCF wanted to charge extra $5 for parking to raise some more money - I guess may be levied next year.

dwight

Does anybody know why these trials weren't advertised to the clubs so eligible player can at least try out. ?

headcase

Well in the 11s and 12s there wouldn't be too many players capable of making the squad that weren't already in Lightning or Thunder. There are two Thunder 11 squads all of whom still play for their clubs - thats 48 players. All of the clubs were also asked to nominate players - so if someone wasn't nominated it was because your club didn't think they were good enough. Our club has a few players (in other age groups) they have nominated and sent along.
No one wants to go back to the days of having open trials where every parent who thinks their kid's a superstar rocks up for a trial no matter how hopeless they are - thats why all the talent id procedures are in place.

Kareem

headcase said:
Well in the 11s and 12s there wouldn't be too many players capable of making the squad that weren't already in Lightning or Thunder. There are two Thunder 11 squads all of whom still play for their clubs - thats 48 players. All of the clubs were also asked to nominate players - so if someone wasn't nominated it was because your club didn't think they were good enough. Our club has a few players (in other age groups) they have nominated and sent along.
No one wants to go back to the days of having open trials where every parent who thinks their kid's a superstar rocks up for a trial no matter how hopeless they are - thats why all the talent id procedures are in place.
hmmm...i got 4 players IMO in my u13s team that could have been competitve for a spot. Our club would have nominated at least 2 of them quicksmart. May enquire to president to see if they did recieve any contact in regards to the players...

dwight

Kareem hopefully they will get a trial but don't be suprised if you nominate your players and they don't get a trial, I have seen this happen quite a few times.

Kareem

i doubt any of them would go. Maybe 1 or 2 to see how they compare- but GK had chance to play rep's- whereas other especially one who does swimming and basketball as well dont have the time. I just would be suprised if they werent nominated by the club...

afan

The current U13's lightning side with maybe, maybe some thunder added are by far the best u13's on the coast at this moment in time.  Rep football is very different and whilst there maybe some u13's out there in club and probably is, but they need to play in strong comps and not just club.  There are maybe 3 players playing PYL clubs that will probably be invited to trial but thats probably it.  Even playing field and no CCF MB politics, these 3 PYL players will be selected and some current players may miss out, thats football

Gen (MarinerMum)

My son found out from a mate at school that trial's were on.  I approached our President asking had the club known about branch trials, to which the reply was "no information came through."  First round their was about 15 lads that turned up.  Following week 24 turned up but still no information on CCF website about branch trials.  There are a number of lads playing football in his age group who would improve lightning's chances. 

To make such a broad statement that all the best players are playing lightning would be nieve.  Often children don't get opportunities during their soccer development and hence do not exhibit the skills to an untrained person.  At times cost can prevent a person from trialling or even a parents wish for them not to pursue this sport.

You make a good point that some kids aren't up to the standard however, potential talent needs to be identified at every opportunity.  Given that kids playing football relie on parents NOT PROFESSIONALs to coach them, some will improve dramatically when given opportunities.  Great  coaches hold the key.  Where is our identification & development of those coaches.

I guess when I look at Lawrie's philosophy on players he looks at potential, his knowledge offers a window of hope that if you work hard you may well achieve your goal to play professional football or at least get an opportunity to trial.

The best flower is not always the prettiest. 

afan

Gen - I don't disagree with what you say - but when I hear 4 players from one club should be there etc. then I disagree.  U13 is an age group I'm very familiar with and this age group was watched very closely when they were 12's as I know FNSW was looking at all kids for JWF academies etc to feed into state teams.  So I need to ask why weren't they spotted then and I agree with you that for Branch clubs should nominate players but they don't and you know why, because they are scared of loosing them to reps etc.

Another issue I have with your statement which I disagree with is in regards to coaching.  yes it  is true that parents coach and good on them, but there are pro coaching on the coast, the problem is parents don't want to do the hard yards and take their kids for extra sessions.  There are kids that do extra sessions and these kids are seen by these coaches, more than those that go to the movies, surfing, bike riding and so on.

So if you want your kids to succeed then to just relying on club training will not do it.

Kareem

afan said:
Gen - I don't disagree with what you say - but when I hear 4 players from one club should be there etc. then I disagree. 
i hope u didnt misunderstand me...i said they would be competitive- whether or not in the top 16 players on the coast- i dunno and havin a guess would say no (except our GK- i believe he could)- (reason I would guess no for other 3 is mainly for technique reasons whcih is one of the biggest differences between rep plaers and local league players). But I still think those 4 wouldnt play too bad and comparing them to tohers they would at least make it to round 2 selections!

headcase

Gen (MarinerMum) said:
My son found out from a mate at school that trial's were on.  I approached our President asking had the club known about branch trials, to which the reply was "no information came through."  First round their was about 15 lads that turned up.  Following week 24 turned up but still no information on CCF website about branch trials.  There are a number of lads playing football in his age group who would improve lightning's chances. 

To make such a broad statement that all the best players are playing lightning would be nieve.  Often children don't get opportunities during their soccer development and hence do not exhibit the skills to an untrained person.  At times cost can prevent a person from trialling or even a parents wish for them not to pursue this sport.

You make a good point that some kids aren't up to the standard however, potential talent needs to be identified at every opportunity.  Given that kids playing football relie on parents NOT PROFESSIONALs to coach them, some will improve dramatically when given opportunities.  Great  coaches hold the key.  Where is our identification & development of those coaches.

I guess when I look at Lawrie's philosophy on players he looks at potential, his knowledge offers a window of hope that if you work hard you may well achieve your goal to play professional football or at least get an opportunity to trial.

The best flower is not always the prettiest. 
Maybe you should have a word to your club president about why he would say that - I don't know what club you are from but ours didn't have a problem finding out and its been on the CCF website since 10th March!
http://www.ccfootball.com.au/lightning/home/Talent_ID
It definitely mentions (amongst others) recommendations from club coaches albeit ones who hold a certain qualification (which is fair enough if you are recommending players to compete in state titles you should know what you're talking about) and have attended a player identification seminar so they know what qualities representative coaches are looking for.

afan - you make more sense than post I've read - logical, rational and obviously some understanding of the game.

afan

Thanks headcase and don't know if I speak sense but I know these age groups 10, 11, 12 and 13's very well and have watched many games without parents even seen us.  That is why I ask the question about kids falling through the cracks, the reason they do is because of Clubs missed placed loyalties to kids development. 

Whilst I don't totally agree with player ID, as I believe open trials are the best in my opinion but trials should not be based solely of coaches opinions and testing ie hard data should be there to ensure coaches are not just been subjective "just like state camps".    Trials build character and allow players to experience all  that is football good or bad. Youth football is a funnel, very big at the early ages and as they grow the funnel starts to narrow to-wards the end and, thus only the tough kids with sound attitude, sound technique  & supportive parents, will filter through, that is football, cruel but not all can be elite etc.

Now on player ID at at least everyone knows where u stand, you  must be identified by club, CCF or FNSW coaches. 

This is where I disagree because u will always have those club coaches who do not want to loose their best kids, why, because those kids win them comps and some is all they care about.

I will just conclude saying that there are heaps of good kids out there but unfortunately they do not have the attitude which is needed.  Remember Craig Johnston, technically poor but he had an attitude that was superior to all before him, the rest is history.

I have said too much already but I'm very passionate about development and I hate how it is done on the coast. 

Gen (MarinerMum)

I was not talking about pro coaching, my comment is in relation to coaches getting coached.  As this is imperative to develop our talent on the coast.

Please note that the ages identified are not simply related to this season.  My examples have been over a number of years with different children.  I have chosen not to be too specific by choice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred