• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCMFC v NUJFC

LFCMariners

Probably can't be bothered coughing up the 5 cents. He spent his disposable income on a Lampard Chel$ki jersey anyway...

mariners4ever

LiverpoolMariners said:
marinermick said:
LiverpoolMariners said:
Time for Bernie to get a run in the top flight!

has been training with the first squad all week

apparently perth are strong interest in him

We are getting McBreen and he put the nails in our coffin on the weekend. They are interested in Bernie, and he hit the final nail in their coffin in the NYL game. Funny coincidence. I say we should give Bernie game time these next two weeks- we have nothing to lose and would give him a running advantage heading into next season. A team with he and McBreen in it might change our fortunes noticeably.

TBF its a top 4 in the youth so perth are still in with a chance with a few rounds remaining so he didnt put the nail in their coffin, but yes you're right if other teams are interested in him, give him a go and see how he goes and if somehow he goes quite well, give him a contract.

LFCMariners

I was using the metaphor in relation to the game itself, not the season. The only thing I can see going against Bernie is his size- to constantly make the A-League squad he needs to put on a few kilo's, but as he is he's worth putting on the bench these next two weeks.

Forum Phoenix

LiverpoolMariners said:
I was using the metaphor in relation to the game itself, not the season. The only thing I can see going against Bernie is his size- to constantly make the A-League squad he needs to put on a few kilo's, but as he is he's worth putting on the bench these next two weeks.

Agree completely with that.

mariners4ever

accidently put in the glory game thread, but here is the squad:
bringing in the youth:

2.Matthew CROWELL, 3.Shane HUKE, 4.Pedj BOJIC, 5.Brad PORTER, 7.John HUTCHINSON, 9.Nik MRDJA, 10.Panny NIKAS, 15.Andrew CLARK, 16.Nigel BOOGAARD, 17.Chris DOIG, 18.Alex WILKINSON (C), 19.Matt SIMON, 20.Danny VUKOVIC (GK), 22.Nicky TRAVIS, 23.Adam KWASNIK, 24.Brady SMITH, 28.Nathan SHERLOCK, 30.Mathew RYAN (GK).
*three to be omitted

would be good to see all 3, panni, brady and nathan getting some game time 

Wheresdadspants?

Also hopefully there is a big crowd this saturday for Clarky's last home game. A CCM legend through and through, defines exactly what a Mariner is.

dru

Wheresdadspants? said:
Also hopefully there is a big crowd this saturday for Clarky's last home game. A CCM legend through and through, defines exactly what a Mariner is.
Hope Hutcho shares the coins with him

Roy Law

makes no sense for the promoted youth players not be either in the run on side or on the bench but Lawrie has form on this with the ACL.
I'd leave out Boogs, Clark and Kwasnik. Boogs because he is leaving otherwise I would have left out Doig after last week's effort; Clark because anybody can play left back better than him and we have a raft of better right backs; and Kwas because he has the security of the contract for next year which none of the young kids have yet.

Wheresdadspants?

Roy Law said:
makes no sense for the promoted youth players not be either in the run on side or on the bench but Lawrie has form on this with the ACL.
I'd leave out Boogs, Clark and Kwasnik. Boogs because he is leaving otherwise I would have left out Doig after last week's effort; Clark because anybody can play left back better than him and we have a raft of better right backs; and Kwas because he has the security of the contract for next year which none of the young kids have yet.

As above Clark will play as this is his last home game. The kids will probably get more of a run the week after in Wellington.

Jerem

Forum Phoenix said:
Hutchs' "We need to stand up and take responsibility as players" is why I think we are likely to be able to play some good football, get a win, and salvage some pride.

shouldnt that have happend when they got to BE professional, as you dont choose to be one, you are selected out of thousands!!!

kevrenor

mariners4ever said:
bringing in the youth:

2.Matthew CROWELL, 3.Shane HUKE, 4.Pedj BOJIC, 5.Brad PORTER, 7.John HUTCHINSON, 9.Nik MRDJA, 10.Panny NIKAS, 15.Andrew CLARK, 16.Nigel BOOGAARD, 17.Chris DOIG, 18.Alex WILKINSON (C), 19.Matt SIMON, 20.Danny VUKOVIC (GK), 22.Nicky TRAVIS, 23.Adam KWASNIK, 24.Brady SMITH, 28.Nathan SHERLOCK, 30.Mathew RYAN (GK).
*three to be omitted

Central Coast Mariners FC v Newcastle Jets FC 

Saturday 6 February 2010 - Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford

Local Kick-Off: 6.00pm

Referee: Peter Green - hooray! .. not Breeze, Williams, or Beath.

Jimmy

kevrenor said:
mariners4ever said:
bringing in the youth:

*three to be omitted

Isn't he the guy that sent of porter within the first 5 minutes of a game?

kevrenor

Jimmy said:
kevrenor said:
mariners4ever said:
bringing in the youth:

*three to be omitted

Isn't he the guy that sent of porter within the first 5 minutes of a game?
I think that was Peter O'Leary ..

marinermick

Was O'Leary.

Our record under Green - 7 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss

Mariners 23 yellows, 1 red
Opposition 15 yellows, 2 reds

Forum Phoenix

Jerome said:
Forum Phoenix said:
Hutchs' "We need to stand up and take responsibility as players" is why I think we are likely to be able to play some good football, get a win, and salvage some pride.

shouldnt that have happend when they got to BE professional, as you dont choose to be one, you are selected out of thousands!!!

I agree. And it probably was, especially given our opening season.
I think Jerome you need to take the quote in its context.
As I'm sure your aware, with many commitments in life you don't just make them once.
Instead your are required to review and renew your commitment many times over.
I think given our slump, this is the context.

Ironically, I think it's often the idea of being "professional" that causes many players and subsequently teams, to lose their way.

In my experience when players go out and play for themselves - concerned with their personal performance, pay packet, playing time or next contract... they rarely perform, but when they go out 100% committed instead to working for each other, their coach, the fans... The club. Then you truly get a team performance.

This used to be our hallmark I think and allowed us to punch above our weight. But its dropped in and out over the past two seasons... and so, I value Hutch's statement.

But he can't make anyone else step up, and there is no denying I think that players knowing they are leaving, or wanting to, feeling they should be getting more game time etc, is going to cost you asa whole performance wise.

Not much escaping it though unfortunately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred